Spartans Home

Minecraft Courtesy

KalXen~SPARTA~

With recent bug fixes, diamond tools do degrade and have become valuable again. As we all know, mining diamonds, etc takes time and effort. As such, it is unfortunate to log back into the server to see all of your ore gone because someone else felt it was open game.

So as a general rule of thumb, if there is a posted sign that states that area to be PRIVATE, keep out and do not take unless that player tells you its okay in game. If we can't have at least this minor ability for people to hold on to their hard work, we will lose players.

The chests near the spawn and the chests in the great hall are all community chests, but it is recommended that everyone build their own private areas if you wish to hold on to anything specific.

My vote would be no for allowing spawning of diamond tools. We did that on the last server map with the rollercoaster and everyone felt there was no challenge or fun once ops could just build whatever they wanted out of thin air. As such we started over with the plan to enjoy the fruits of our labor, and I left everyone with op privs only so they could teleport.

After looking at the cartographer maps that I posted for everyone, you can see there is diamond nearly every 20 squares away. So I'm not convinced about there not being enough. I know that the fix of the exploit, and the other joyful Beta bugs are getting on our nerves, but I'd rather keep a bit of challenge.

Edit:*Ugh* Let me just point out one thing - if you want to call for a vote/discussion to change the rules, then lets go ahead and discuss it before just spawning yourself diamond pickaxes anyhow (logs). Is asking for common courtesy too much so that if we can't take what we want, we'll just spawn it anyhow? C'mon guys, work a little and tow the line like everyone else.

Yes, i was in the middle of mining and the pick suddenly broke. I didnt quite feel like trekking all the way back up to the surface to find a new pick, or the diamonds to make a new one, so i spawned one. Its not like it hasnt happened before.

I was simply saying that the point is to have fun, which spending 1/2 of my time underground searching for diamonds is not, nor is excavating at a snails pace, nor is having to contend with everyone hoarding like we are playing singleplayer.

If we are talking about tools only, I don't mind terribly. Lets just pick a rule and stick to it.

We can Also just load up a chest in the community area with tools and y'all can have at it. But if we don't have any courtesy there, it will just be messed up again.

You guys complained about the first run having no challenge. So Kal started the new server and the rule has been that there is no spawning of items. This is rule number one. This is to keep a level playing field and make the game worth more in our accomplishments.

Just because you guys don't want to work and build your structures the legit way doesn't mean you get to break the rule. If you want to spawn items, go to a server where it is allowed. Don't get me wrong, I do not want to see ANY player leave Kal's server. Keep in mind, we are all visitors on Kal's server and being an OP is a privilege, not a Right, so don't take it for granted and don't abuse it or it might disappear one day when you need to teleport. If that day comes and the command doesn't work, then you will have to wait for Kal or someone else who hasn't broken the simplest of rules.

As for the 'hoarding,' when a player plays the legit way by mining and taking their time to gather materials just to have them magically fucking disappear by another player who can't be bothered to do the same, I'd say it would trend to hoarding. I personally don't go through every one else's areas and look in their chests then take what I want because I am too lazy to go collect it myself. This is dishonest and if I had my way, the person/s doing so would be banned. I spend more time mining than I do anything else, so what if I want to put the core of what I collect in my personal chests? Why should I spend all that time hunting diamonds just to put them in a chest where those who can't be bothered to do the same will just take them. What happens when my diamond tools run out and I go to the chest and they are all gone?

If this is how it's going to be then I'd just as soon toss all my good stuff into lava and be done. You guys need to have some courtesy and play an honest game. Especially since you guys were the ones who wanted a no spawning server in the first place.

Stop being lazy and stop cheating, play the game as intended . You are only giving into to laziness.

My vote is for no spawning, and reducing OP to select people who haven't shown the desire to abuse it.

What i mean was that you got the wrong idea when you called me lazy and suggested to ban me from kals server. Im not saying we spawn 50 stacks of stone, that would be lazy. The idea isnt to cheat with stacks of the materials directly, but to help along the collection of the materials and getting tools for the new guys who would otherwise be stuck on stone or iron tools. Or if you perfer, a compromise. Keep the tool chest that kal made, and have only him spawn tools to fill it with, while keeping the rule of no spawning.