Spartans Home

Proximity Mine

MedicSN6

Simple way of doing it, put a pressure plate on top of a tnt block. There are more complex ways of doing it, ill make a video when i get the chance.

The thing is that most TNT traps are resource intensive, and really only good against players because mobs are stupid enough to kill with our fire pits. Eventually if we get bored we could always start hosting PVP style games.

Here's the differnt types of mines i know how to make thus far. I have the video for making an explosive floor underneath a building, but windows movie maker is being a pain.

SIMPLE MINE:

javaw2010-12-1514-21-23-06.jpg

FALLING SAND MINE TRAP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge5UlhEmjbw

EXPLOSIVE FLOOR TRAP:

Because movie maker isnt working i cant upload a video, but if it does work ill embed the vid here. Basically you wire a pressure switch to tnt, by hollowing out the bottom corners of a wall and running redstone to tnt. Ill make a model on the sparta server sometime soon.

Edited by ragnarok92~SPARTA~

Yup, ive made a model of the explosive floor on the 3rd floor of the storage bay, if anyone is interested give me a shout and ill show how it works. There is a snow trap but it requires it to be snowing to work. Its a simple mine sunk 1 square into the ground, and the snowfall covers it in snow because the pressure plate counts as its own square. Person falls through the snow, sets off mine, and is trapped with no way out.

Also, ive put a water ladder on the tunnel to the mine. Basically, its a glitch where you climb the water like a ladder, and you go 3x faster than an actual ladder.