Spartans Home

Ideas for the Sparta (Kalxen's) MC Server

MedicSN6

Place your ideas and suggestions here.

Some topics to get us started:

• Building/Structure ideas
  • Building Tips for the server to adopt (i.e. Dirt Stairs)
  • Standardizing for continuity (gravel for paths, wooden rails, cobblestone posts)

I'd like to build some type of a ship out in the water. Maybe a Pirate ship, not sure yet.

I think we should consider build an above ground and off-site facility for obsidian production.

I like the speed at which we can harvest wood by burning the leaves off, but consider this. The only way to get saplings to be able to replant trees is to mine the leaves. We need to do this or we will end up traveling farther and farther to obtain wood.

Keep this in mind.

We the above in mind, we should think about building a massive glass enclosed biodome for farming and growing trees. I would like to see this as a renewable and safe place to harvest wood and wheat. It should be well lit to keep the Mobs out and to entice growth.

I think it would be cool to build an elevated dam that poured over the edge into the ocean.

One of the things I have seen others do is strip mining out in the ocean. Digging out an area all the way to the bottom while creating an infrastructure to reach the top. Once were finished with it, we bust open a few blocks and let the water pour in. Maybe 100x100 area.

I'd like to build some type of a ship out in the water. Maybe a Pirate ship, not sure yet.

I think we should consider build an above ground and off-site facility for obsidian production.

I like the speed at which we can harvest wood by burning the leaves off, but consider this. The only way to get saplings to be able to replant trees is to mine the leaves. We need to do this or we will end up traveling farther and farther to obtain wood.

Keep this in mind.

We the above in mind, we should think about building a massive glass enclosed biodome for farming and growing trees. I would like to see this as a renewable and safe place to harvest wood and wheat. It should be well lit to keep the Mobs out and to entice growth.

I think it would be cool to build an elevated dam that poured over the edge into the ocean.

One of the things I have seen others do is strip mining out in the ocean. Digging out an area all the way to the bottom while creating an infrastructure to reach the top. Once were finished with it, we bust open a few blocks and let the water pour in. Maybe 100x100 area.

Got some good ideas there, lets do it.

Mob farm! If you guys find any mob spawners, instead of destroying them put torches on the squares directly surrounding them. This will stop the spawning of mobs and allow me to build a trap that will auto harvest the drops of the mobs.

Also, can we look into activating the nether? Its the perfect place to get lava buckets for obsidian and the lightstone is useful too.

If you can tell me how to activate the Nether on SMP, I will. I tried the hellworld=true server variable, and it spawned all of us in the Ether upon connection and got really creepy fast... without a way home.

Not hellworld, hell is a biome setting that imitates the nether. ill look into it tonight and see what i can dig up.

EDIT: i swear the search button doesnt like me on the mc forums. Anyway, it seems that portals dont work in multiplayer, and its impossible to get to the nether as of now. Supposedly notch is working on it.

Edited by ragnarok92~SPARTA~

The other day Kalxen talked about building some sort of village around the castle or a ways up the road from the main fortress. I see this as more of an aesthetically pleasing way of storing items. It also lends to the idea of an RPG sort of.

Each Shop would have a crafting workbench and multiple double storage chests and a furnace or two if needed. We make basements of we needed more storage space. I thought about a blacksmith to be the crafter for the tools, but it seems like it would be a lot of trips to that one shop and it would be easier to just keep the materials and a workbench in each shop.

Here's a list of possible shops we could build. Feel free to add your own ideas.

Weaponsmith (Swords, bows and arrows)

Armorer (ummm... armor?)

Alchemist (gems and metal storage, torches, etc.)

Farmer (Shovels, Hoes, wheat, seeds, saplings, pumpkins, dirt storage)

Mason (Pickaxes, cobble stones, coal storage, furnaces to make smooth stone, other building materials made from stone (steps, stairs, buttons, etc.)

Wood Craftsman (Axes, wood, wood planks, sticks, chests, fencing, signs, other building materials made from wood (steps, stairs, buttons, etc.)

Hotel/Hostel (bedrooms, bookshelves, pictures)

Tavern/Apothecary (Mushrooms, bread, soup, pork, bacon, etc.)

Fire Station/Brigade (water, buckets, flint, lighters, etc.)

Public Works (mine carts, tracks, gravel for roads)

Town well

I like the idea of a village, but for now i think it would be better to use the storage silo and the village as a secondary storage.

The generator is working slowly but surely producing feathers, and the mobs dont seem to be too much of a challenge. Watch out for the creepers though, they will explode and damage structures... Im working on an idea for protecting our walls from "accidents" (obsidian base, waterwall, glass covering, floating island)

EDIT: add a sorting station to the town? For when people need to quickly dump off stuff to be sorted later, with a smelting array for ores.

Edited by ragnarok92~SPARTA~