Spartans Home

Should I buy this TV?!

Thinking about buying the LG LX6500. It's a 47" LED-LCD 3D HDTV, and it comes with 4 pairs of LG 3D Active Shutter Glasses, each valued at $116.

Specifications:

• Refresh Rate: 240Hz
  • Resolution: 1080p @ 1920x1200
  • Contrast Ratio: 8,000,000:1
  • Response Time: 2ms
  • Internet capable
  • LED "Plus" Backlight w/ Local Dimming
  • Wall-mountable (required for me)

Cost: $1,499.99 (Originally $2,499.99) w/ Free Shipping

So not only are they knocking $1000 off the retail price, but they include 4 pairs of 3d shutter glasses for free, saving another $450 or so dollars.

I think that's one hell of a deal, but then again I don't know much about TVs. What do ya'll think?

Edit: Also considering this Panasonic, which comes with a free Panasonic 3D Bluray Player, 2 shutter glasses, two 3d movies, and also enables you to get the 3d version of Avatar on Bluray a couple months early.

Ain't no way in heck I will pay $1500.00 bucks for a tv set.

But If you feel you want it heck it's your hard earned dime get it as you live once buy the thang and if ya don't like it put it in the bedroom or

somewhere like that and get another.

I heard and read that LG is on par with Samsung but this is in relation to Monitors.

I have a LG 50" 120htz and love it!!!!! Lg makes all the lcd panels for all the outher tvs. Any 240 htz can and will use the 3-d system.

That is going price for one of those tvs, check tiger direct

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/category/category_slc.asp?MfrId=507&CatId=37

Invidia makes the 3-d glasses for them. You can buy any 240htz tv, get the glasses and hook it up.I have a post about the new 3-d system in the fourms look it up.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/search.asp?keywords=3-d+glasses&searchbtn.x=14&searchbtn.y=7

3dadaptor.jpg

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

Hey Athlon,

Considering i just got my 47" at 240Hz, I was not even thinking about 3-D, but if is true that all what you need is the refresh rate, i could take a look at it :)

I can t find your post about the 3-D stuff, made a searche and nothing came out, can you please link it somewhere?

Thz :)

the sad thing about 3d Tv is that your 3D glass's only work on that TV and not other brands and they only give 1 pair of 3dD glass for each TV its going to be the biggest scam WOW ever LOL.. and not to many ppl i know have that kinda money to shell out 50$ - 80& for a pair. thats just my 2 cents.

the sad thing about 3d Tv is that your 3D glass's only work on that TV and not other brands and they only give 1 pair of 3dD glass for each TV its going to be the biggest scam WOW ever LOL.. and not to many ppl i know have that kinda money to shell out 50$ - 80& for a pair. thats just my 2 cents.

Where did you hear that they only work on a specific brand?

And yes they're expensive, which is why I'm only interested in the combo deals where they give you 4 pairs, and it's still cheaper than buying just the TV.

I went to Best Buy to see the Panasonic in person, it was decent. They didn't have a 3D Bluray to try out at the time unfortunately, and watching regular TV in 3D is pretty gimmicky (makes TV look like a diorama, with cardboard cut outs). I really want to see a 3D Bluray in action damnit. Or a PS3, as I hear gaming on a 3D TV looks amazing.

Who knows maybe I'll stick with a regular HDTV, as they're a lot cheaper.

Decisions decisions... wallbash.gif

All I know is I'm going to need a new TV for when I move, which is thin enough to hang on the wall, so I can retain some square footage in floor space. So, I'd like to get a TV that future-proofs me for quite a few years.

Edit: Actually, I wonder if they'll ever have 3D bluray players for the PC, which, coupled with that Nvidia 3D Glasses setup would allow you to both watch movies and play games in 3DS on the PC. Or maybe I'll just get a 3D compatible monitor, and a regular HDTV, as I can always hook up an external bluray player to the PC monitor. Granted, I hear the size of the screen plays a large role in the immersive-ness of the 3D, and that anything smaller than a 40" looks mediocre.

Well you have to have a 120 or 240 htz tv. the glasses will work with any brand. they hook up to the tv and have a transmitter wireless to the glasses

here is the invidia 3=d glasses set up, you can have as many glasses on the same tv as you can afford.

glas.jpg

infer-1.jpg

glasses-1.jpg

3dadaptor.jpg

Or you can buy it in a package deal

S222-5533-main01-am.jpg

Or you can buy a add on set

S222-2103-vend-main02-mm.jpg

from what i hear the 240 works best in 3-d

Read the article on tiger direct webb sight

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6247482&CatId=5956

They first came out for computer use, but they will work on the new tvs.Check the prices, the invidia is the best deal, lowest price, samsung is the most expensive. Stay away from bust buy is the first thing you need to do. Order from tiger direct.

The invidia set works if your tv is 120-240 htz and doesen't have a built in emitter(transmitter)if it does, you can still use it, as it hooks up to the tv anyway on usb port, just make sure the tv is 3-d ready. Or buy the one that is made buy the tv mfger. The invidia set will work on any tv thats 120-240 with or with out the the built in emitter.

I want a 60" or 65" and move the 50" into the bedroom.

The invidia set works if your tv is 120-240 htz and doesen't have a built in emitter(transmitter)if it does, you can still use it, as it hooks up to the tv anyway on usb port, just make sure the tv is 3-d ready. Or buy the one that is made buy the tv mfger. The invidia set will work on any tv thats 120-240 with or with out the the built in emitter.

I want a 60" or 65" and move the 50" into the bedroom.

Does it work on 600Hz plasmas?

Here's another TV I'm interested in: LG 60" 1080p 600Hz Plasma

Also a possibility: LG 55" 1080 240Hz LED-LCD HDTV

Though I think a plasma would be better to be honest.

Edit: Or maybe this!? Samsung 50" 1080p 600Hz Plasma for $799 (cheapest one yet)

Too many TVs to choose from!