Spartans Home

COD : Black Ops

Yankee~SPARTA~

I created a shield like that with a dark gray background, red ring around the edge, and a black scorpion in the center, but my shield is carried by a guy in a suit firing a pistol (light gray) so that it looks like a lawyer with a gun and a spartan shield. I created that a few days ago.

I thought about using the chevron, but thought it would be too wide for the look of a lambda, but after seeing your design with it, it is giving me some thoughts.

Dunno how to screen cap what I have, but if you were killed by me or killed me, you would have seen it.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Offered to help Majestic come up with a player icon. He wanted something of the soviet special forces / OPFOR unit insignia. Here are some things I came up with. The color scheme is just red/black/white/yellow for now as those are always easy colors to design with. Let me know what you think Maj.

fistwhite.jpg

fistyellow.jpg

knife3.jpg

hammers.jpg

soldierm.jpg

88405657.jpg

Edited by BrerRabbit~SPARTA~

In an attempt to assist some of you that are still having Black Ops lag issues, I have done some comparisons with different hardware configurations that range from GTX 250's to GTX 480's on the Nvidia side of things and HD 4850 to Hd 5870's on the ATI side.

It appears that any Nvidia product GTX 275 and lower is taking a performance hit and bottlenecking frames fer second. In the ATI arena, a single HD 4850 seems to perform with no issue, which was very surprising because ATI users normally have to wait 15-30days before the catalyst drivers and profiles definitions catch up. One of the most common contributors to lag was CPU usage or low system resources.

Try to trend or monitor the CPU load/usage during game play to determine if you are a candidate for the Affinity option or Steam offline option (see below).

1) Open Task Manger (CTRL+ALT+DEL)

2) Right click on the game under "Processes", Call of Duty: Black Ops

3A) Set the Affinity to ONE CPU OR, if that doesn't help

3B) Right click the game under processes, and Set Priority to "HIGH" (you do not normally want to do this though)

If you determine that system is being tapped 100%, try this option:

1) Launch Steam in Offline Mode

2) Start the game

3) Exit Steam.exe via Task Manager (CTRL+ALT+DEL, Process Tab)

If you determine that your issue is NOT CPU, you have to start looking at video tweaks, some of which are listed below. These edits are made to the config_mp.cfg file that Yankee described above. The file is typically located here "Steam\steamappscommon\call of duty black ops\players\config_mp.cfg".

r_glow_allowed "1" to seta r_glow_allowed "0"

r_gfxopt_dynamic_foliage "1" to seta r_gfxopt_dynamic_foliage "0"

cg_brass - set this to "0" to help decrease lag

r_blur_allowed - set this to "0" to help decrease lag

r_multiGpu - set this to "0" if you don't use a more than one graphics card.

r_glow_allowed - set this to "0" to help decrease lag

r_dof_enable - set this to "0" to help decrease lag

r_distortion - set this to "0" to help decrease lag

r_specular - set this to "0" to help decrease lag

If your looking for some per instance tweaks that can be enacted during your session, hit Tilde "`" and enter these.

/r_cachemodellighting - set this to "1" to help decrease lag

/r_cacheSmodellighting - set this to "1" to help decrease lag

Of all the folks that I know that play the game, almost all have experienced a playable game at this point utilizing tweaks but are anxiously waiting for a hotfix so they can revert back to default settings and see all the eye candy they paid for.

I hope this helps and look forward to seeing you in game!

Edited by Hajimoto

11/19/2010

Updates for 11/19/2010

PATCH will be applied TONIGHT 11/19/2010

A new patch will be released tonight in the coming hours. Because this is a client side patch, all servers will need to be patched as well. We will be applying the patch to all servers globally. During this patch application, your server will be restarted once in order for your server to take the update.

Black Ops patch looks to be on schedule for tomorrow!

Browser is still only showing 50% of the results back