Spartans Home

Anyone here still play GRAW 2?

As the title says, I have a challenge mission for two people to play co-op.

This is a chance for a pair of you to beta test a mission before it goes public and it promoted by Ubisoft.

If not, no biggie, just giving you the opportunity!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well for the last year or so Dogface and I have been doing friday night graw night, all is welcome to join in. We useally start about 8:30 or 9 pm est. And tonights friday. If you want to play load up the game and go to www.gr.net and download a ton of maps, put them in the games custom levels folder, and you are good to go.

If it copys right, here is the map download page

http://www.ghostrecon.net/files2/index.php?act=category&id=54

Some maps may have a problem so load them up a few at a time and test them to make sure they work. Or you can download the ones we will be playing one at a time to make sure there ok. the AI in this game will hand your butt to you, so be ready to fight! Many new maps have come out sence everyone played it.

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

hey there,

Are you using GRAW 2 vanilla or do u have any MOD for weapons (Bretzies, Rhanman)?

I still have it installed with a zillion of Maps on my machine, but last time i got a new map was before joining Sparta. I was used to play it with the TAW group and we were betatesting many Coop missions.

I honestly had to bail out from GRAW because I consider it outdated, doesn t matter how nice a Map can be done.

To get into something difficult to achieve, Map designers (some) created maps with 1500 AI ... well.. I don t know, gave me the feeling they were scrapping the buttom....

Anyway, what I do not like is that unfortunately there is no surprise after you play a map once. AI is not random and I saw too many ppl around just spoiling the Coop because they know where to expect the enemies and go straight for easy kill.

At the end is like make a mission and then don t play it again, which I do not think is interesteng for anyone, no satisfaction for the writer, no satisfaction for the player.

I 100% agree with Batwing's sentiment here. I love the Ghost Recon series and think that most of us have a nostalgic reverence to the series rather than the reality of where it is in the theater of the newer tactical shooters. When you know that there are 3 tangos in that hut on the right and your team mates insist they got them all but you only seen two drop, it takes away from the suspense and consequence of the unknown, which is ultimately the lure of these titles.

I often fire up old game titles when my mind's FRAPS replays some experiences with the Nostalgic haze and am quickly reminded just how far the developers have come in AI and graphics and I expeditiously return to the new game title with a feeling of guilt which is followed by unbelievable "Make Up Gaming" thumbsup_anim.gif

Cool cool. This is vanilla GRAW 2 out the box, and I have 6 brand new 2 man co-op scoring missions that will be released soon as a Ubi sponsored competition. You guys are my official beta testing team :thumbsup_anim:

After the firework show tonight :down: I'll pop on teamspeak mid evening with a download URL and someone can hop on a server with me, and if anyone else wants to pair up you can grab it to.

The first thing is for me to check I can host GRAW 2 since I got a new router. Got Ghost Recon working fine so it shouldn't be an issue.

Okay me and Zeno just had a very successful test that helped clear up some stuff and raise a couple of Qs I am getting clarified.

But the main ting to note before you try is

Don't forget the hidden objectives, all they are is two metal barrels with a computer on top of them, just plant c4 on them as usual, these are the only hidden items and there are three in each map, each one is worth 20 points.

I forgot about that, so me and Zeno only scored 60. The max score is 120.

See who can do it with the least respawns.

Hot of the press - the readme.

UPDATED WITH CLEARER SCORING

GR:AW 2 co-op challenge.

The zip file contains six co-op missions for GR:AW 2.

Each mission contains:

1. 50-90 enemy AI depending on the map.

2. Two compulsory objectives and two or three optional objectives depending on the map.

3. Three hidden objectives, these have no waypoint markers so you will need to hunt for them, they consist of two metal barrels with a computer on top of them, plant your c4 on the computer to complete.

Each mission has a scoring system, you will see your score at the end of the mission on the map change screen, when each mission ends be ready to take a screenshot or picture as proof of your score, the maximum score you can achieve is 200 points.

How the scoring system works:

1. Each mission has 5 separate groups of AI, each group will have 10-20 AI in them, if you do not kill all the AI in a group you will loose 10 points for that group, you can loose up to 50 points for each mission, to make things a bit easier you will see a on screen message telling you when you have killed all the AI for a given group.

2. Each hidden objective you find will give you 20 points.

3. Each optional objective you complete will give you 20 points, the optional objectives have "20 points" marked on the waypoint markers, no additional points are given for completing the compulsory objectives.

4. For each 5 minuets that passes you will loose 5 points.

You will need to decide if you will want to spend the time on the hidden/optional objectives, find and kill all the AI in each group, complete the mission quick and you will gain points for the extra objectives, take to long and what you gain with the optional tasks you will loose in time penalties, the decision is yours.

Edited by Rocky