Spartans Home

Zeno's New Monster PC

Zeno~SPARTA~

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm waiting on the HP Blackbird. Looks good. I'm too old to crawl through my own PC anymore.

Regarding the name, I think Parthenon is too... I don't know what. But for Zeno maybe it should be Pantyon? Given how he plays.

Whoops, I think I may have violated rule 3.8 of the forum guidelines. Cylawyer, what do you think?

Ok guys the Fatality is built. Actually it was already built yesterday, but I could not get it going because one of the power cables was for France not Switzerland, so I went out this morning to buy one.

The build was straightforward. The hard drives are held in place by rubber rollers, based on Ulrichs' recomendation I changed the cpu cooler to the asus silent knight, The PSU was abit of a problem to fit but I got there in the end I have just installed vista and will now download all the updates. Pics soon

All is not well. The mega GPU would not work with vista. in GRAW2. I tried many recommended solutions all of which failed. So I bought another hard drive and installed windows XP on it, loaded that up with everything and had a similar probelm in GRAW 2.

So now I think the GPU is not working. I will take it to France at the WE and try it on the PC there, If it works there I will bring back my other 8800 GTX and try it on this PC. Hopefully I will be able to isolate the problem to one component.

All very irritating, but I am not computerless LOL, my trusty XPS laptop is doing sterling duty.

I'll bore you all some more when I make some progress.

haha

Change of plan. I took the 8800 ultra back to the shop. to b e investigated. I bought an 8600 gts silent now all is well (so far) but 3dmark is only 4700 (most of that comes from the quad core)

I am cursed, woe is me and other up pompei quotes, lol

Still more hugs for you Zeno xxx :P

OK the graphics card was shot, it has been replaced. I installed it and a hard drive adapter for a cdrom bay. I then put a fourth 300gb hard drive (with XP pro on it). I can now run xp or vista (by enabling or disabling the appropriate drive.

I ran 3dmark06 and got 13009, I am very happy.

So endeth thsi tale.