Spartans Home

Vietnam/Sth American map for Arma2

Lightspeed~SPARTA~

Lighty, if you build missions using this addon we can add it to the server start line. I just need to check if an addon is in the startline but not used by the mission can people play the mission without the addon. If thats the case I can add it to the server and leave it there, its a bit more complicated if not

i dont do thermals - might be realistic but its like shooting fish in a barrel - missions should be challenging and im fairly sure thermal imaging sight isnt standard issue - but wtf would I know lol.

i will make sure in scripting that its a fair fight both ways - i aint going to let the AI dominate through the jungle cover.

P

I have decided to reproduce Ghost Recons Island Thunder campaign using this map - stay tuned!!

Hopefully it will showcase how cool the orginal GR was and how cool Arma makes it - a win win!

That's about the best gaming news I've heard this year!

ARMA for me, is the closest game to OGR and stuff like this just makes it more playable.

Ready & waiting for testing when you need it.:)

incidentally - is anyone here an expert with photoshop?

i want to reshoot this and a couple of original GR Island Thunder images for the campaign using the new map and arma2 skins and then readd the GR and Arma2 text using PS. some ppl can do this with their eyes closed - i just wing it.

thanx in advance.

Lighty

I like it,there is one problem tho....if you turn off the grass you lose 80% of this map's immersion and purpose...but lots of people do....i dont know if you can set it to not allow the client to turn off the grass.......if its an issue at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update - I got early access to this map and it is sensational with excellent FPS. area is about 6x6 km.

I am recreating the Island Thunder campaign from Ghost Recon and currently have 4 of 8 missions done. I will do the campaign in SP with a special Hybrid High Command which allows you to split groups up like in GR and issue waypoints via map. Also, creating 7 and 14 man coop versions of the missions.

Thats why I havent been around at all - my passion is building over playing.

Look forward to bringing this to you some time in the near future...the map will blow your mind!