Spartans Home

MoH - open BETA - First Impression

Batwing~SPARTA~

Hey all,

Just a first impression about this new MP combat game.

I 've been playing only about 30 minutes this morning. many servers around but very unstable. I was constantly loosing connection to the server and kicked back to the lobby on an average of 5 - 7 minutes of play. Also with very low ping servers (30+)

Game play:

I have only a very strong feeling about what I see here. This is a CLONE of any other FPS out on the market, mostly BC2.

I do not see any "innovation" on this product.

Basically if you grab BC2 and make a MOD to change uniforms, add a couple of new maps and maybe remodel some weapons, you have this game. Interesting to see that the HUD is the same of BC2. I mean the aim marker and the grenade launcher marker. You cannot go prone, as in BC2. The overall speed of action, running and limited jumping (fortunately) ability are the same of BC2.

HOWEVER, difference with BC2, there is no "Team" concept. No small teams to join, just the 2 main sides.

No respawn on your teammates (because there is not specific team you belong to).

No Communnication Botton (can t remember how they call it, it s a silly name. It allows you to spot an enemy for your team to know)

So, for what I see in these few minutes, there is no team interaction. There is no team support (providing Medic or Ammo).

In my opinion is a real shame that we find on the FPS shooters 2 very separate school of thought:

1 - Amazing realistic visuals and sounds, great animations (carachters look alive) with only arcadish gaming behaviour (This game, BC2, CoD4+, etc)

2 - Less than amazing visuals and sounds annd sometimes very poor animations but team oriented behaviour, possible realism, tactical approach and strong team management (Arma 2 series)

Actually, after spending hours on BC2 to try to get some decent weapon and skills (and I am still far away from decent results), I wonder what would be the motivation to spend about 50 greens on this game, just to start all over again, on the same game.

It would be way better choice, if it is the "challenge" motivating me, just to start a new profile on BC2, restarting from scratch and here comes the new challenge. In BC2 I will still enjoy a game sorta of "Team Oriented", on MoH i will not.

Edited by Batwing~SPARTA~

good review thats all we need is another console game convert to PC how long are they going to milk this cow. IDK i wont be spending greens anytime soon for it what a shame. its just like all the movies coming out slap on a new face and its a new movie its getting old same old story lines. ........:poster_spam:

At least you got to play the beta... I can't even stay in a game for more than a minute before getting kicked out due to EA crappy servers. What a shame. It will pretty much go something like 3 days "fixing" the servers with 1 day to play... Haha.

My dream would be to get finally to a new version of Tom Clancy's GRAW.

What GRAW had:

Amazing graphic

slow pace gaming

a decent level of realism during engagement

What a new GRAW should have to be a total winner:

Team management

Larger maps

solid anti-cheat system

ability to use some vehicles

Map and mission editor

Enahnced networking and dedicated server management

Ability to run authenticated MODs

... I know.. is not gonna happen, uh ? :)

EDIT:

Unfortunately I can answer myself right away....

I was curious and i googled the new incoming GRAW Future Soldier....

I don t want to anticipate too much, take a look here:

http://ghostrecon.us.ubi.com/

Look at the interview video and you will get some "great" news...

It is gonna be a 3rd person shooter (above the shoulder view) and it will have among other features... "Cloaking devices".....

Please someone, I need to borrow a shoulder to cry....

Here for some game action at E3 2010:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKPqRcAw7Hg&feature=related

Edited by Batwing~SPARTA~

I was just gonna say don't waist your money but how many of us have done that already, will get it and play it for about a month and then will be back playin Arma, F1, EVE and so on. It's Monday..........so im a little under the weather hehe :dog_skating: woot

Well, you know, about GR FS, I might get to the point to buy that game.

I have to give them some credit for "innovation" and at least "honesty".

It is different. It is not gonna be a combat sim, but at least it doesn t pretend to be.

It is not gonna be a CoD, MoH, BBC2 etc. clone either. It set itself apart on a different level.

If some of you played Vegas 2 I am sure you already see some resemblance. I really Liked Vegas 2 with the hybrid 3rd vision when you get cover. I thought it was very smart and potentially realistic graphic solution.

I just wonder why don t keep that concept having a very nice FPS on normal movement and 3rd view only on cover situations. I am not jumping up and down with the bidea that Graw, a masterpiece FPS, now will be a 3rd person view, platform syle.

I am not too happy about the "cloaking device", which although we are talking of "future" tech, just kick suddenly the entire experience into unreal sci-fi.

Nonetheless, I think it will be a veri interesting game, at lest different and with a potential reason to open my pocket to it.

I am unistalling it.

Last comment after another few minutes of game play.

It is just a carnage, doesn t matter what game mode you are playing. Very small maps. I noticed one where there is a chopper wreck, if you spawn as taliban, you just have to run 10 meters and sit behind a rock. You are already in perfect position to snipe US soldiers coming out from behind a rock 45 mtrs away. That is a forced path because they spawn there and have to get out from there.

So, that map sounds to be just few hundred square meters wide and resolve a fight within 40 mtrs spawn to spawn, unbelievable.

BBC2 gives a bland shadow of tacticism to the game, MoH is a real and pure Run 'n Fire shooter.

Again tho, is amazing how everything resemble BBC2. HUD, animations (when you throw a grenade is exactly the same body animation and the grenade as well, with its little marker to show where it is) and many other stuff.

Is it this game for real?? Whover was involved in production, doesn t see it is a full copy of another game?

I mean, true to say all of the CoDs have been very similar, but at least they all had the same name. This one should be called BBC2.2 not even 2.5 because there is absolutely nothing to justify a .5 improvement.

Probably, considering how bad is the Server browser, this game is not even a .2 advancement, I woul rate it a -.5, so it should be called BBC1.5.

Lol.. let me free this giga of crap from my PC :)

I am unistalling it.

Last comment after another few minutes of game play.

It is just a carnage, doesn t matter what game mode you are playing. Very small maps. I noticed one where there is a chopper wreck, if you spawn as taliban, you just have to run 10 meters and sit behind a rock. You are already in perfect position to snipe US soldiers coming out from behind a rock 45 mtrs away. That is a forced path because they spawn there and have to get out from there.

So, that map sounds to be just few hundred square meters wide and resolve a fight within 40 mtrs spawn to spawn, unbelievable.

BBC2 gives a bland shadow of tacticism to the game, MoH is a real and pure Run 'n Fire shooter.

Again tho, is amazing how everything resemble BBC2. HUD, animations (when you throw a grenade is exactly the same body animation and the grenade as well, with its little marker to show where it is) and many other stuff.

Is it this game for real?? Whover was involved in production, doesn t see it is a full copy of another game?

I mean, true to say all of the CoDs have been very similar, but at least they all had the same name. This one should be called BBC2.2 not even 2.5 because there is absolutely nothing to justify a .5 improvement.

Probably, considering how bad is the Server browser, this game is not even a .2 advancement, I woul rate it a -.5, so it should be called BBC1.5.

Lol.. let me free this giga of crap from my PC :)

What this guys said....second motion.

Very much UN-impressed and I used to LOVE MOH, at least they had a bit of action and something that was more fun. Fealt like I was given a BFBC2 mod.

Sad.....and people will actually buy it?

I hope alot of people will see this for what it is, eye candy for a month and realize they got duped.

EA for a game that supposedly been in production for several years, not much has changed and can see through the BS "Teir 1 PR". I wish i could walk up and tell jsut one exec "are F'in kidding me...how dumb do you think the public is?"

I hope by the show of crappy sales they get it and actually put some real development into BF3.....I almost feel like BF2 and Bad Company 1 will be the last real good game from EA in the battlefield series. Other then that I think we can expect a release and every game after that major revamped release be a mod of it.

they're all piece of shit games - no need to demo ths rubbish....ever!

Arma is the benchmark for now, and I'm happy with it and will continue to push the coop and possibly even some mission-based pvp coop which I always hoped they would produce for GR.

i think the only thing on the horizon which might be good is OFP Red River if they actually finish off what could have been a great game - the engine and graffix were solid but just unfinished - if they could bridge the gap between OFP Dragon Falling Heavily and Arma/OA then it might just be a solid game.

but after many years i am never optimistic and comments like this -

Well, you know, about GR FS, I might get to the point to buy that game.

I have to give them some credit for "innovation" and at least "honesty".

It is different. It is not gonna be a combat sim, but at least it doesn t pretend to be.

It is not gonna be a CoD, MoH, BBC2 etc. clone either. It set itself apart on a different level.

make me laugh.

You have to play the game to know what it will or won't be - developer interviews, pre-release game reviews, images, movie renders, etc etc mean nothing, nothing at all - you must play it to know. i have been duped too many times to fall for the bullshit anymore.

Edited by Lightspeed~SPARTA~

LoL Lighty !!!

I feel your pain buddy and I am with you with it :)

I just said "I MIGHT buy that game" .. hehehe I am still burnt from an experience I had a couple of years ago, maybe someone remember this title:

FRONTLINE FUEL OF WAR

My god, such a huge failure. It was released at 50 bucks but it was barely in BETA. Tons of bugs and never kept the promises. A shame because it had some valid concept but just turn out to be one of the biggest flops ever.

After that, i am all for the "real deal" testing before getting something new. It is frustrating tho that nonetheless a lot of resources available, they are not able to come out with a game that really stands out the crowd.

Well either way if I change my mind at $30, I still need to finish single player in BC2 as I did in BC1 before i buy the game. Plus I got GT5 coming, and already giving EA some money with NFS: Hot Pursuit and recently (last night $20) for NFS World.

Bat, I so hear ya on Frontlines, and was the same with COD4, but I really didn't play the game much, not because i didnt like it, jsut my love was elsewhere, ArmA.