Spartans Home

Father Time Beat Down

BrerRabbit~SPARTA~

Here's an attempt to put a little structure to the informal Time Trial battles that have been on-going in F1 2010 (not too much structure ... but just enough).

Father Time Beat Down - F1 2010 Time Trial Championship

Structure

The championship will be divided into two weeks rounds and include 3 tracks - there are 19 tracks in game, so there will be 5 rounds using 3 tracks, and then a round using 4 tracks. Anyone can participate using the Time Trial mode in game. You do not have to race all three tracks in a given round (you can choose to focus on one track if you wish). The championship is broken out into two groups or two sets of times: Hermes [assisted] and Mercury [unassisted] (thought Id use Greek /Roman god names to keep with the whole 'Sparta' theme). Drivers can compete in both groups, i.e. you can place both assisted and unassisted times for a single track and win both. All times will be be set for 'Dry;' conditions - there will however be later, starting in Round 2, a bonus 'wet' track - again divided into time sets: Poseidon [assisted], and Neptune [unassisted].

There will be Gold Wreath [first place], Silver Wreath [second place], and Bronze Wreath [third place] winners for each round for the two time sets (assisted/unassisted). At the end of all this there will be a "Grand Champion" announced for the driver(s) (again in the two time groups) with the best overall record.

What constitutes "Assisted"? The game itself defines using any one of the Driving assists in a time trial race as assisted driving - the two exceptions to this are Pit Limiter and Pit Box Control. So to be clear, using any assists other than Pit Limiter and Pit Box Control will result in your time being flagged, by the game, as assisted.

Prizes? Yeah that would be fun - please suggest any. I was thinking of making up some forum signatures in photoshop.

When do we race? "We" dont race as a group per se, as you race Time Trials on your own and at any time. The only scheduling stipulation is that you get times in for the tracks you want in the given two week championship period (see below).

Schedule

(Subject to change based on comments, drivers real life schedules, and participation levels)

Round 1

Sept. 27, 2010 ~ Oct. 10, 2010

Tracks: Shakir (Bharain), Melbourne (Australia), Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia).

Round 2

Oct. 11, 2010 ~ Oct. 24, 2010

Tracks: Shanghai (China), Catalunya (Spain), Monte Carlo (Monaco)

Bonus wet track: Melbourne (Australia).

Any further rounds to be detailed based on interest/participation/feedback.

Edited by BrerRabbit

Note: its probably best to drive the McLaren car when doing time trials (that or one of the other leading cars) as you will get much more performance from it - the Time Trials use the 2010 car standings/specs so all the car teams perform differently (this is quite different from the multiplayer matches we've been running where all the cars are equal).

Also, if you wanted, you could establish times for tracks ahead of when they are officially scheduled for this championship.

I like to code, and during the day at work I get bored.

SO I am working on a f1 2010 page where anybody can put up their times so you can see them without going into the game. They are only as accurate as the times entered. But if you have friends in your friends list you can verify them.

It is below and I am working on getting times enetered correctly at the moment, hence not all tracks/cars are listed.

Is this of interest to you guys?? You can use it to record the date from here.

I will add assists on and wet / dry races later for now it is just best times.

Oh it doesnt look pretty yet, I usually code and then smarten it up, saying that I suck at aesthetics.

http://f12010.mcshanes.org/

Edited by BowtomePhil

I think it would be a great platform to enter times. Maybe if you have separate pages for each track and the list is sorted by fastest times it would be perfect. I'm kind of surprised that we're not seeing Cobol or Zeno up in here.

Edited by Yankee~SPARTA~

Looking good Phil, always good to have another programmer round these parts. thumbsup_anim.gif

I'm not sure how F1 stores the information, but it might be beneficial to also allow players to upload their car setup files with their times, so people can see what modifications they made that allowed them to make the times they did. Just an idea though, which you can of course completely ignore if you wish. biggrin.gif

Yankee it already does that, choose a platform and click see results, then you can choose track to view sorted by best times.

I am the only one who has entered PC times, all feel free to, you have to create a login first from the first page.

I will be working on stuff , so will check if I can extract the setups some how once uploaded.

I did an upload from COH save games which extracted who played, what map etc, but some things I can't get info from.(I am only an amateur)

I also need to add all tracks and cars, plus other stuff

I think it would be a great platform to enter times. Maybe if you have separate pages for each track and the list is sorted by fastest times it would be perfect. I'm kind of surprised that we're not seeing Cobol or Zeno up in here.

I'm not good enough to post a time, I'm at least 20secs a lap off the pace lol.

I'm not good enough to post a time, I'm at least 20secs a lap off the pace lol.

I have raced against you previously Zeno, I find it hard to believe that you are 20 secs off these times. As I remember it, I was always playing catch up when you were on the track.

I think your secretly racing under an alias and your going to spring ridiculously low times on usranting2.gif Damn sand bagger!

I am pulling myself out of this competition for fear of breaking my controller. Whoever thought it would be a good idea to invalid the next lap in time trials should be stoned in public.

LOL not laughing at you...... laughing at the thought of stoning some F1 rule making dude!

If i cut a corner, its fine...I should have my lap invalidated. I just don't see the point in invalidating my next lap while getting back on to the track. I had like 6 laps in a row where i spun out into the grass and it would not only make my current lap void, but the next as well. Pointless in time trials and extremely frustrating when I'm only racing myself.