LAV25 (with 25mm cannon) is the MHQ

Known issues

laggy compared to Takistan

LAV25 cannot load ammo box form ammo point but it can load a box [fixed]

camo netting on xvecs is desert on woodland

Salvage truck in desert camo

Created ATV in desert camo

Enemy air may be too well equipped

AO objectives are slow to appear (5 mins)

Side missions are off until I fix the adresses

Issues that I've seen so far:

- AI is making ridiculous shots, for some reason I don't think the dispersion mod is working even though you might say it is. Maybe try turning down the difficulty would be suggested. I don't mind a challenge but damn that was unplayable.

- Choppers respawn back to base when left unattended.

- When the mission starts I know there is an ammo box already loaded in the mhq but when it gets destroyed there is no ammo box in the mhq when it respawns. I had to go retrieve the ammo box it started with.

J-7

Edited by JackSeven

Besides the AI skills, we already discussed about that and I am starting just to consider it as , "take it or leave it".

Other stuff I saw while i was testing a lil bit:

1 - I would put a few motorbikes in Base, close to the spawn point. Base is very large and now running in full tactical load is no more the choice of transportation.. If you get the Engineer role and you want to get around because you need the repair truck or you need to go and repair something else, you don t want to use an asset as an Humvee or a Jackal just taxi around and leave it who knows where at the Base. A bike would do the job perfectly. This is for pilots as well or soldier who have to go and grab a choppper. Sometimes the long run is just not the way to be in ACE.

2 - At least during the "testing stage" i would like to have a faster respawn of assets like Attack aircrafts and Choppers. Thing is, if we are testing the server, we are pushing the limit on reactions and we are probably wasting our resources just to see if they respawn correctly and other behaviours. Speeding up those respawn time would be greately appreciated to allow to test more and more.

Not much more at the moment, thx.

We have lowered the AI skill to easy on server startup (I cannot stop people from upping it in the parameters though)

This is from the script, 0 = noskill 1 = chucknorris/arnie

case 1: {[0.3,0.2]};

case 2: {[0.4,0.3]};

case 3: {[0.7,0.3]};

We are now on "case 1" on the test server (the Takistan server will also be lowered)

I can lower their skill further but we shouldnt imo, we tried to attack an AO with just 4 people with ACE AT which is seriously poor compared to normal arma, so we got our arses kicked. I think we should be trying to make the game challenging for 10, which will be easier for 15-20, but really hard (but doable) for less players.

Do not imagine that we make the AI impossibly difficult. We want to provide an entertaining interlude not an execise in masochism, but balancing the game is really difficult, Ace is not just about all the toys, it is a realism mod. 4 people attacking chernogorsk which is occupied by spetnatz and regular army as well as armour, might be conisdered optimistic. I think we did ok tbh.

We provide an ACE server for those of you that want that extra degree of realism, that want that extra degree of cooperation.

Yesterday we lost 4 aircraft, died a lot trying to get into position to lase and didnt destroy. 1 tank so we need some practice. I will reduce the amount of armour in the AO, reduce the attack aircraft from 2 to 1, make the russian para chopper an Mi-8

Fair comment about the Aircraft in the test version, I will make them respawn in 15 secs.

I will check the engineers, I though I made all engineers engineer class and correctly designated them in the script, but will recheck.

I have changed the stock parameter for the test server to no armour

there are 36-90 basic infantry squads in each AO

there are 6-12 spetnatz squads, these are the guys that are very accurate

Thanks for the feedback, sorry if I was a bit tetchy yesterday but I have put a lot of time into this it would be sad if it were for nothing.

Zeno,

The work you and all the guys here have put in is appreciated more than the few negative vibes about things. I don't get on the servers Much, and usually don't get on TS at all, but after hearing about an hours worth of diatribe about how you can shoot the Ai with a cannon and they don't die, and how they can see through walls, and probably dead people, I'm kinda glad that I don't.

Sometimes I think people should remember that SPARTA provide these servers FOC and to the majority who do not contribute other than in the negative and, as such, should keep their rantings to themselves.

And another thing, I was on the ACE Server, with a weedy LA85, shot a guy at about 300m and he dropped dead. What the hell is that all about :hysterical:

It's only a game, it's only a game, breath .... and repeat ....

Thanks bud, but I do understand how it can be frustrating for people.

I am trying to do stuff at the limit of my ability so things are going wrong but with the feedback I can fix most of it. anyway.................

Engineers, improper use of capitals robbed the engineers of their domination engineering abilities, these should will be restored on both Takistan (54d) and Chernarus (test_a)

Chernarus test_a

Fixed despawning choppers and added markers for delta and mv22 choppers

Fixed engineers

armour reduced to zero, just some UAZs and such like

Enemy attack aircraft reduced to 1 jet and 1 attack chopper (from 2 of each)

parachute chopper is now a civilian (unarmed) Mi17

Blufor attack aircraft will respawn in 15 seconds to help in testing the Chernarus version

added bikes at base (I am working on making them despawn back to their original spot after 2 mins)

Thx Z so much for all of your work.

Honestly I don t see too much "rant" around. I think we are trying to provide a constructive criiticism, trying to help in the effort to trim here and there what is trimable.

I do admit, sometimes I may sound a bit frustrated on TS, but I think is just the adrenaline that pumps at that moment, playing a game that becomes very immersive, requires preparation, you have to set your payload... it takes time, then finally you have to get into the AO and do your best. Then you are offering very low profile and you "think" you are doing a good job and .. out of the blu get killed by 1 shot... yes, i think that can generate frustration.

But is not ranting. I din t see ppl who was ranting really sticking around for long on the Sparta servers. Who plays with us may complain about something but then in general understands limits and efforts Zeno mostly has to fight with every day when he sets up servers for OUR COMMON enjoyment.

I personally have not had any problems getting shot by the AI or killing them. Shoot for the chest and head and they go down in 1 shot. I have seen many people doing the regular vanilla dom "sit on a hill and snipe" and then get lit up pretty bad. I have found if you properly use cover and advance in a tactically sound manner you will have no problems with the so called super AI. Yes, they can shoot pretty far, but so can you. I agree at times it is somewhat un-realistic, but i much prefer this to the vanilla easy mode that it has been in OA. I think the AI causing us to fail often will make everyone better players, and forces us to make tactically sound decisions rather than just steam rolling the AO no matter how or where we come from.

Also, not to sound rude to anyone, as im really not trying to be. If you want to whine about ACE in the main channels, please refrain. I personally dont want to sit though an hour of people complaining about it. Post on the forums, talk about it in side channels but some of us are trying to play and would prefer not to hear the gripe fest. I understand the frustration, but i really have not experienced these issues to any extent so i know they can be easily overcome. Maybe this comes from my past of playing on SHACKTAC in OFP where you would spend 2 hours crawling into position, just to get shot the minute you began the attack, with no respawn. It forced me to really think about my decisions and tactics to maximize my chances of making it through. honestly, the AI is cake compared to the human V human stuff we had there, even on hard. Maybe i have more patience than most for this type of stuff, but please dont bother others with your complaints if you can help it.

Also, thanks for all the server work Zeno. I personally dont agree with the fast respawn for the jets, as the long respawn makes you really think long and hard about using them improperly. But if that is what the majority wants i wont labor the point.

Thanks

Edited by GooniversalSoldier~SPARTA~

The fast respawn is for testing purposes only so that people can get used to keeping from being shot down.

The AI in Chernarus are on easy it is playable with a small group, as we adapt we can increase the AI skill. I played yesterday with a few players and we did ok, although we did have to change our tactics.

Lets focus on the fixes I need to make, your input is invaluable

The next step for Chernarus is side missions, I have to edit the locations for all of them (50 I think)

base motorbikes need to despawn after a couple of minutes

Desert camo needs to be changed on the following:

Salvage truck

The base radar and aa defences

All xvec camo nets

I need some help with the blufor uniforms, there are US marines, US army and BAF, Delta has a german soldier, is the camo correct for them.

There was a report that the lynx (wildcat) cannot rearm at the service point, but others have been able to.

If you want to whine about ACE in the main channels, please refrain. I personally dont want to sit though an hour of people complaining about it. Post on the forums, talk about it in side channels but some of us are trying to play and would prefer not to hear the gripe fest.

Goon :thumbsup_anim:

Zeno to the rescue as always.

As to the Wildcat, i can confirm the bird was repairing properly as of last night @ 11pm PST. at the chopper service. No luck at the FOBs, but i doubt those would repair it anyways...just a bummer when your gas tank gets shot out :)

The side mission spawns do seem a bit off currently, but not un-playable.

Version c is on the server now.

It is set to run side missions only

Following a quick test with Idan I have reduced the armour in the side missions

I have added atvs around the base that respawn back to their original position after 3 minutes (Thanks for the script MH6).

Still more to do but let me know if there is still too much armor for the side missions.

Version c is on the server now.

It is set to run side missions only

Following a quick test with Idan I have reduced the armour in the side missions

I have added atvs around the base that respawn back to their original position after 3 minutes (Thanks for the script MH6).

Still more to do but let me know if there is still too much armor for the side missions.

You mean you dont want to have to splash an entire armored division each time you arrest some guy? Where is your sporting spirit sir?