Spartans Home

Austin circuit layout revealed

IDAN

Race organisers for the forthcoming United States Grand Prix in Austin, Texas, have released a draft layout of the new circuit that will stage the event from 2012, when Formula One racing returns to the country for the first time in five years.

Working with renowned track architect Hermann Tilke, organisers Full Throttle Productions LP have drawn inspiration from the best circuits around the world, as well as taking advantage of the site?s natural topography to include some dramatic elevation changes.

Turns 3 through 6 look not dissimilar to Silverstone?s high-speed Maggotts/Becketts; Turns 12 through 15 give a nod to Hockenheim's stadium section; and Turns 16 through 18 will mirror the infamous, multi-apex Turn 8 at Istanbul Park.

The 3.4 mile (5.47 kilometre) circuit features 20 turns and a total elevation change of 133 feet (40.5 metres), including a steep, uphill run into the hairpin Turn 1, which is expected to become the venue?s signature corner. In common with just three other current F1 venues - Istanbul Park, Abu Dhabi's Yas Marina Circuit and Interlagos in Brazil - it will run in an anticlockwise direction.

austin3d.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I can't believe I dropped the ball with this. I forgot to post the details here!!

Anyhow good work on picking up on those details Idan.

I just got contracted to help with the design of the stadium tower. Maybe they will let me drive the track with my Honda Civic.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

The track will host formula1 in november

Found a nice video clip of the track when it was at the beginning of build.(watch 1080p)

That's what i call formula1 drifto, David Coulthard is the driver back in 2011.

Here is video clip of the finished layout track,Yankee did you helped with the design of the stadium tower at the end ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5gLoxNE7ms

Edited by IDAN~SPARTA~