Spartans Home

Teamspeak 3 & Windows 7

Pringle~SPARTA~

As many of you know, I've just upgraded to Windows 7 Home Premium. Everything's gone smoothy, except for Teamspeak push-to-talk.

I've been using the "thumb" button on my Logitech G5 mouse as the activation key. To get this to work on XP, I bound Scroll Lock to PTT in TS, then bound the thumb button to Scroll Lock in SetPoint. I did this using the application specific option, not globally. This set up simply isn't working in Windows 7, regardless of which keyboard key I initially choose. I have everything running as Admin. Even with TS as the active app, pressing the thumb button doesn't activate PTT.

Any chance someone would have any advice? help.gif

I've been using the "thumb" button on my Logitech G5 mouse as the activation key. To get this to work on XP, I bound Scroll Lock to PTT in TS, then bound the thumb button to Scroll Lock in SetPoint. I did this using the application specific option, not globally. This set up simply isn't working in Windows 7, regardless of which keyboard key I initially choose. I have everything running as Admin. Even with TS as the active app, pressing the thumb button doesn't activate PTT.

Install old driver maybe ?? (from your mouse and set it up that way..)

Edited by EBE

I am not familiar with the Logitech mouse and drivers, however Win 7 can be tricky at times.

Do not trust an automatic driver install in this case.

Be sure you download the most recent drivers from logitech and you got the Win 7 version.

Unistall completely any previuos driver related to your mouse/software and reinstall the newest version.

This should have your device working correctly.

Also, make this test:

1 - DO NOT BIND TO SCROLL LOCK, bind to a letter, any letter is good, because is just a test now.

2 - after binding your mouse botton to it, open a text editor - either Word or Notepad, whatever you use.

3 - if the system recognize correctly your binding, when you click your mouse inside the text editor, you should see the letter you binded. That means your software is working correctly and should work fine in TS 3 as well.

good luck