Spartans Home

Operation Arrowhead

So, I've been thinking about picking this up. But, I'm not really sure its worth the money. So, if you could please, let me know if this is really worth it. I mean is there anything thats a drastic change or is it just some new guns and buildings that can be demolished?

No need for wall o' text, just a short answer if you think its good or not.

Thanks.

LOL.. That s a heck of a big question, masked as something easy :)

Honestly, the environment is very nice, some new vehicles, the "love it or hate it" Thermal vision... and overall probably a very steady gameset.

Other aspect is that we r progressively moving on it, so if you wanna keep up with the majority of players, probably you want to move on it as well.

besides the new environment and a few of destructable stuff, can you say this is better than a stable ACE version (for free).. i am not too sure, however it costs 30 bucks and i think is something affordable.

Final virdict is totally up to you :)

Good stuff Durka, and nice to see you again Halli, hope you boys are all keeping well. :cheers:

I've not long had OA myself but so far it's been a lot more stable and runs better than any other version of Arma I've had out of the box, hope to catch you all on your server for some games, should be able to get in tonight if all goes well.

Bought at the weekend and just installing now.

Hope to get on soon, maybe even tonight, depends on how well I do with the decorating and whether the boss lets me play ;)

Any quick simple things I need to do to avoid issues getting onto the server?.

Cheers, Watchy.

Bought at the weekend and just installing now.

Hope to get on soon, maybe even tonight, depends on how well I do with the decorating and whether the boss lets me play ;)

Any quick simple things I need to do to avoid issues getting onto the server?.

Cheers, Watchy.

I haven't tried addons, but i literally clicked play game and it loaded and went right to the server. If you use steam, make sure you close the steam window after loading. Otherwise, this guy will randomly talk to you in the background.

I'm excited to see what SPARTA makes of this. There is a lot of potential.

i really hope this time round we get a server up with good coop missions across OA maps and Chernarus and we can focus on those as opposed to doing Domination all the time. I will do my part and try to knock up some good missions - my dream is to have a server with 20-30+ great missions for 10 or so players, more if we get the numbers that will keep Arma2 fresh and exciting every time. I would expect these missions to be as real as possible with a few or no respawns as possible so life matters and players work closely to keep eachother safe. There is nothing like losing your life and sitting out for the rest of a mission to make you focus on executing tactics to the best of your ability.

Just downloading the 1.52 patch now, hopefully that's all I need to get in tonight. :thumbsup_anim:

You may need beer as well

You may need beer as well

No shit, Sherlock!!

Beer always makes me play better :winner_first: , probably worse to be fair but it's always the first thing in my "kit-bag".

Looking forward to seeing what the new games' like, hopefully see you on later.

Interesting first time in. Didn't get on till after 10.30 GMT, so missed the "regulars".

Much smoother gameplay from ArmaII, nice. Scopes take some getting used to, not fun when you're still getting picked off at 300m+ with small arms fire!

Got kicked by Battleye a few times tonight, will update and see if that helps.

Interesting first time in. Didn't get on till after 10.30 GMT, so missed the "regulars".

Much smoother gameplay from ArmaII, nice. Scopes take some getting used to, not fun when you're still getting picked off at 300m+ with small arms fire!

Got kicked by Battleye a few times tonight, will update and see if that helps.

Yeah, it looks as if, just like when ArmaII came out, that the AI needs some major tweaking.