Spartans Home

I am coming back

Snowshoe

you poor thing hope that gets fixed as soon as possible

thanks hunny

seems like i am not the only one with this problem Look here

http://windows7forums.com/windows-7-networking/6884-network-adapter-repeatedly-disconnecting-5.html

but i have a few options

1. go buy a new net work adp card and bypass the one thats in my pc now.( £20)

2. re format and go back to vista 64bit ( bloody lot of updates and all that jazz)

3. buy a new motherboard and a new chip. ( cost (£200)

4. throw the pc out the bloody window :ranting2:

Hi Snow,

I was reading the link you put there and although this issue is not really diffused, is certanly annooying.

I would like to investigate it better and see if i can find a solution. Also I have several Tech engeneers at my place solving issues for dell and i can ask to one of them considered a network Guru.

I need more info:

Motherboard brand and model

Bios version - verify if a newest version is available. Do not upgrade yet tho.

When and with what condition this issue appeared the first time.

Ethernet card brand and model

In meanwhile:

- test coonnectivity without Router, straight to the modem

- test connectivity with another PC using same modem, yet no Router

- Although Win 7 recognize your motherboard features and hardware, it has been demonstrated, especially regarding Chipsets, it install sort of "generic" drivers which are supposed to work correctly. DO NOT FULLY TRUST IT.

Check on your motherboard website support for newer Chipset drivers, specifically for Win 7 and install them.

- For the exact same reason, do not trust in this case the ethernet drivers Win 7 installed. Check on your ethernet website producer for specific newer drivers signed for Win7 , download and install.

Please, open a new post on the Computer Discussion forum with the above info and it will be my pleasure to follow up on it.

Good Luck.

NOTE:

I read the "solution" from that guy on that forum located at page 4 of that discussion. The solotion might be valid for him, not necessarely for everyone. Also he does not disclose what motherboard he has, if the BIOS has been updated etc.

His assumption Win7 does not work correctly with manufacturer drivers is a sort of "myth" related to when Win7 was released. First of alll it has never been confirmed, seconf win7 is very good at installing good drivers for almost 98% of the hardware out there, then if is not broken, don t touch it. :)

To unistall and reinstall an hardware component I never had to use the Administrator disabled profile. The one you use as admin is usually sufficent and has all the rights necessary to remove components

I use that whenever I have issues with videocard drivers, unistalling the videocard from there, cleaning up the drivers. It works perfectly and should work great for the ethernet card as well.

Before removing it, you can try to have Win searching for updates, you never know you get a nice surprise.

Then, you remove it, reboot and let Win installing a fresh copy of internal drivers. Then test your coonnection. If it still drops, get the original drivers from the manufacturer, Win7 version and install those.

Edited by Batwing