Spartans Home

What is this?

MedicSN6

don't now :graduated:

Coud be harvested little pieces off soap :o so don't drop it if your in the slam .. :wtf:

Is this the world after the next ice Age :(

It is organical for sure but what it is where did jou found it ..in your woman.. in your car .. <_<

Edited by EBE

Why do you need to know? Is this a quiz?

Whatever it is, it looks like it's made up of previously segregated parts.

Each piece also appears to have some manner of concentric rings about a small nipplish spot, generally centered on each segment. You can see it more easily in the upper 1/2 of the sphere. Droplets, growth by concentric rings? Is it organic?

Probably Medic is taking a course as Work & this is his homework ??

I guess it's man made, it's a solution because of the distance between the molecules,

something like lemonade.... not really.

The stuff on the surface looks like bacteria & the ball looks none organic...

I though maybe silicon but I checked it is not......

Here knock yourself out...

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2008/11/p...icro_world.html

http://www.nanobliss.com/

Fascinating links.

Medic, any context for us to consider the image? (Read:hint?)

What level of magnification? Is cellular or larger?

I thought crystalline, but certainly not in an original form. It must be something reorganized into the ball shape.

Yes, I am a redditor and have proposed this to you all as well.

My best guess is that it is inorganic and in a suspension of some type. Why? As Viii stated, the objects are too far apart and the striations in the background look like some fluid. This is not biological because it is like no other sell I have ever seen. I have done tons of research on cellular structure and organic compounds, even lipids, and this falls nowhere near any of it. It lacks all basic structures to be a cell.

This image is however in a micrograph style.

So what is it? Many have guessed that it is a pollen or some other type of spore. his has been disproved by comparing it to the vast array of pollen types which are characterized much much differently.

Some have said that it is a virus; to which I disagree. Viruses generally have unique protein shells which allow the consumption, grafting, or parasitic actions to take place. This simply does not. It is also porous which yields to geological structures. The crystalline nature of the object would suggest that it may be some type of rock compound. But it is inconsistent with crystalline formations for many reasons. Generally, crystals are shaped uniformly and grow in predictable patterns to form pointed, boxed, or polygonal shapes. This does not.

One theory is that is it the crystal, Aragonite. I find this difficult because of the roundness of the sphere. The segments would grow at different rates and therefore be different lengths, not flat as the image shows. They would however grown from the center of the sphere outward.

It also is strangely round. Nay... perfectly round. This may be the unique observation which rules out many of the possibilities. I have compared this to images of atomized metallic and powder particles, all of which look similar but have distinct smoothness compared to this "yellow ball" micrograph. Also, the other particles are no where near as perfectly round as this unknown seems to be.

I also will note that the object is not an atom, molecule, and is actually quite large. Note the powder like substance in the upper left quadrant. This seems to be a residue from another object, possibly of the same substance.

When you enlarge the object, if you notice the edges where the yellow substance fades into the dark areas between them, the lines are very pixelated and do not fade properly into the black as you would expect in an image of this quality.

The shape and texture along with the powdery residue mentioned before would almost suggest that the yellow substance is much like an ArtGum eraser was broken up into small pieces and then formed into a ball. But it is unlikely and improbably this is the case.

Occam's Razor would suggest that ruling out the the most common possibilities, then ruling out the most improbable possibilities, would leave the most simplest explanation as our solution...

I think it is a 3D object created by a very talented artist. But I wouldn't swear on it.

It's obvouis what it is, It's one of these. See FIG 1.1-A below for Answer

FIG 1.1-A

User posted image

DOH am I the only one around here with brains.

Sorry for my blonde moment I am ok agian.