Spartans Home

ACE Server

Raven_2012

Nothing can be done unfortunately it's the well known memory leek thing, longer the server up more likely to happen

Solution is restarting or on freeze let an admin know asap from box

Do not worry about interupting admins in other channels about this just poke us or join channel and let us know and we will restart the server, we are a bunch of friends there is no heirachy here :P

Its a leak based on three factors: # of units in game, # of players joining/rejoining, and time. It seems that Arma does a bad job of keeping track of everything out there. It doesn't forget destroyed vehicles, so even if you complete an AO and there is nothing there, the server never relinquishes the memory. To compound, each time someone joins/leaves that more objects to track. If the map isn't won in time, resetting the map won't always fix it so after some time a full #restart is needed by a game moderator. Otherwise, once it hangs it doesn't even know how to crash properly and the admin's have to bump the full server. This is affecting Dom, Warfare, etc. BigDom just pushes the limits on object creation, and groups.

I'd suggest that the map is set to 1 or 2 AO's maximum, on infantry towns only to help a more natural restart in hopes of not letting the object #'s get to large. Most everyone on ACE seems to play secondary missions until at least 10 people get on.

Lets just say they could of done better with memory management. I can't even see the internals, so this is just my deduction from hours of debugging.