Spartans Home

Flaming Cliffs 2.1 (patched) - first impression

Batwing~SPARTA~

Well, i got the game up and running yesterday, with the most recent patch up.

After a first look, I am really impressed.

They totally redone the user interface, I do not have Black Shark, but having the original FC1 it s just another game, great job.

Very well done Multiplayer Server Browser and it looks like there are many players out there flying. I saw many dedicated servers around. 11 pretty well know is from the 104th Squadron, hosting up to 64 players with a ping to me of 81. It sounds promising.

I flew only a practice mission with F15 so far. I got my TI5 working perfectly and the program is perfectly stable on Win 7.

Graphic is excellent and with my 2 4850s in Crossfire I am running everything at max detail with great FPS.

They did something to the flight model. I am running the full "simulation" settings, however is very responsive, a bit too much. It will take a bit to get accustomized from FC 1. Also, to release missiles you have to push and hold the release botton for about 1,5 seconds ! This info was posted nowhere and drove me nuts to figure it out :)

They made major modifications to missiles behaviours but I have no feeling of that yet.

I spoke with other friends flying online and they said is very stable and enjoyable and allows a very good experience also con pings up to about 350. beyond that, starts having issues. I think it will be great with that server pinging 81 then.

I will focus on F15 and A10, then I ll try to get close to some russian bird :)

It would be nice to see some Spartans opening their wings :)

See ya :)

• 3 months later...

Yesterday some of us had conversation on TS3 regarding Lock On Modern Air Combat, Flaming Cliffs 1 and Flaming Cliffs 2, and what titles NEED to be installed in order to fly. When FC2 is being installed it asks what folder to install the game title in but does not offer the path previously set by the LOMAC installation.

Based on this, one could assume that FC2 is not dependent on LOMAC in order to function, almost like ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead. I have confirmed that is NOT the case, apparently behind the scenes, FC2 looks to verify that LOMAC is installed and then proceeds with its installation. One would think FC2 would install with, within or near LOMAC's folder but it does not. The one title that does not need to be installed for FC2 to work would be FC1.

I have uninstalled FC1 and so far everything seems to be working fine Starforce copy protection is a pain in the arse anyway and that is one less driver in memory. Prior to the removal of FC1, I tried to join a few rounds and it was an absolute ghost town, I was the only guy still looking to play FC1, I logged out as fast as I could before I was noticed.

I hope this information is useful and if not, lie to me and say it was thumbsup.gif

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I got FC2 in the mail finally. So what do I need, patches, updates, etc? Lets "TRY" to get together this week or weekend, seeing as how I don't get home till 5:30-6:00 p.m. P.S.T. during the week, the weekend would probably be best maybe? or whatever everyone else would like...

Edited by JackSeven

you may need a patch for it.

Google it and you will find it easy.

However, being a "Sim" I would suggest you take your time to familiarize with the commands. Do not try to learn all aircreaft, just choose one catching your interest and start to dig commands and features for that.

Use the in-game training session, which will show many very important videos.

Be sure to rpogram your Joystick at the best u can.

Then, if The Force Will Be With You...

You are ready to try a first flight attempt with someone :)