Spartans Home

Command Prompt Here (Win7)

NoScream~SPARTA~

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2009/02/09/wi...rompt-anywhere/

IPB Image

The command prompt here power toy was a feature that a lot of users requested be built-in to Windows 7. Microsoft listened, and added it to a secondary context menu.

By holding shift and right-clicking a folder, you'll see additional commands not listed on the standard menu, such as open in new process, copy as path, and open command window here. Suppose you need a command window with elevated privileges. Then what?

In Windows Vista, it could be done through the start menu by typing cmd into the search box and holding shift+control and hitting enter. This works in Windows 7 as well.

Combine the two, and you've got a right-click elevated command window shortcut: shfit+control+right click on a folder and choose open command window. Check your title bar: if it starts with Administrator, you're set!

Some other sites have posted registry hacks to add a context menu entry for the admin option, but why bother? It's already there - just hidden!

Thx, some good news :) However i tried the ctrl+shft+righ click on folder to start the CMD as Admin, it didn t work.

I can start the CMS as Admin when I run it, right click on it and choos run as aAdmin, but I cannot merge the option on the "open here"

Suggestions ?