Spartans Home

Anyone sound Russian?

This is for an ARMA2 mission. Anyone here have a convincing Russian accent? Fleepee and I need three Russians, or Russian-sounding voices, to fill in on some missions. Also, easy enough, are a few American-twangy voices, just one for this first mission (a radio operator on the USS Missouri).

I have the brief script of the first mission already.

Halli, when we get to it, I'd like to borrow your best G.Sgt. Hartman.

Peter is not Russian but an English speaker would not know the difference if he tried to sound Russian.

Peter=lightspeed?

The software I used for the Sparta mission #2 (which I haven't played yet), is Audacity. According to Kav, it produced acceptable tracks.

• 2 weeks later...

Salutations to all spartans from France! :France:

As Ebden certainly explained you before, I'm making a MP campaign, I think there will be around 13 missions in it, I'm working on the 11th episode at the moment...

Ebden did a lot of work with english corrections and suggestions on the story line, and he proposed himself and the spartans' help to record the voices I need to add in the missions.

As inserting voices in missions means a lot of scripting, the sooner I get the files, the sooner I can release the campaign! :MSNWINK:

Perhaps I could join your TS server and record voices directly from TS?

The only thing is that there is a big time difference between our respective continents and I may be sleeping when you join your TS server...

:zzzzz:

Anyway, I'll be gratefull for any help, I can prepare the lines I need if you're interested in doing that job.

Missions are currently in the beta test board of OFPEC website if you want to have an idea of the storyline:

http://www.ofpec.com/forum/index.php?board=116.0

Edited by FleePee

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks to you!!

Did you have time to play it?

Not yet. It's been a busy summer and parenting sucks up the rest. Now that the youth is back in school, I may find some time to gather a few spartans to give it a run on the server, but only once I'm not ill (from working too hard, I guess).

Did anyone have a look to the voices I need?

I posted on various forums about them, only a french guy answered me and did 5 lines...

Another Tcheck guy did some east accent voices, and I'm doing ALL the others.

I wish I could have some help about us voices...