Spartans Home

Brace yourselfs

Brace yourselfs Again. I heard on the news that fuel prices are expected to hitt $4.00 a gallon buy summer in the U.S. It must be they need anouther indoor ski sloap in the 100 degree desert heat in dubi again, or anouther high rise on the outher side of the richest city center in the world to even out the balance of skyscrapers, to many on one side. Or maybe they need a 1 mile pool to go across the unused area to the south of the diamond studded mercedes benz and rolls royce parking area. Anyway brace youselfs for a fun filled expensive summer.

On the outher hand Athlon is takeing preorders on 50 mpg rail buggys. Build time of 30 days from start to finish on base units. Might be able to acheave 60mph with a 1300cc engine. A/C and heaters available as accressorys. $5,000 deposit required and $5,000 apon completion and delevery. All electric conversion is available. Base unit will pass DOT inspection and come with a title and vin#

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

Hunter, multiply the price on the sign by 4.55 to get the price in British Pounds per gallon, then multiply that number by 1.45 (the exchange rate $ to Pounds), then I think (though I didn't actually do the calculations) you'll get the numbers listed by Viii.

Hunter, multiply the price on the sign by 4.55 to get the price in British Pounds per gallon, then multiply that number by 1.45 (the exchange rate $ to Pounds), then I think (though I didn't actually do the calculations) you'll get the numbers listed by Viii.

Cheque is on the way 100 % Cy..... :)

There are only 3.785 litres per US Gallon as opposed to 4.55 litres per imperial gallon.

Therefore

£1.139 per litre

x3.785 Litres per US Gallon

x1.49 Dollars per Pound

=$6.42 per US Gallon

There are only 3.785 litres per US Gallon as opposed to 4.55 litres per imperial gallon.

Therefore

£1.139 per litre

x3.785 Litres per US Gallon

x1.49 Dollars per Pound

=$6.42 per US Gallon

Ah ha! It wasn't my math that was the issue, just the placement of the decimal in the picture threw me off.

- JHunter

Well you know the U.K. cars get better gas milage, but your fuel costs more. So depending on how far you have to drive is the key factor on costs. It one point i was spending 400 a month on fuel. 0 now. My truck got 22-24 mpg.That saved me alot. Ya things better get better or i perdict its going to get real ugly, Like riots and looting and crime is going to go way up! People shot in the streets and such. It just a matter of time before it starts. I heard on the news the 20% of homes in florida is in forclosure. The stock market is back up above 10,000 and I don't think the population is going to stand for this BS to much longer. Or is it some coavert plan to start the one world goverment thing.

I mean what the heck are these people going to do? There are no jobs, they are looseing their homes, where are they going to go. Alot of people are not going to take this laying down. If it doesen't change soon its going to get bad! They will be linching the CEOs in the streets. And this xxxxxxxxx is worthless. Just alot of bull sh*$ talked nothing done.

Edited by Halli~SPARTA~
Keep it civil Remember no politics

Well, Im still going to try to help the U.S. economy by driving the family down and across to Astoria Washington and then down the coast highway into N California to see the redwoods again and back for our family adventure this July.

I dont really give a crap how much fuel is. I'm already paying equivelent of 3.63 a u.s. gal here in the great white north. At least with our dollar almost at par, it'll be the cheapest trip down there yet for us. We used to think it was no big deal with our dollar 48-54% less than the U.S. one, work that factor into a holiday. (thats like about 5.37 a u.s. gallon just a few years ago)

What is your wages like, everything cost more, but you get paid more as well. That just about equals out. Alot of the small and large manufactureing is in canada as well. Even the new Camaro is built up there. Can't figure that one out. Allways wondered where all the stuff is made. Wacth that show "How its made" Just about everything we use is made up there. Must be a trade aggreement. From lawn mowers to ski-dos

We all are just making BIG OIL richer untill The Electric revolution hitts hard. Thats the reasion why they are killing us with high oil prices, getting all they can get untill it goes bust. Wicth is soon. The saudies will be prying the diamonds off of there mecerdes benzs to stay alive afterwards, and when that runns out they will be hopping back on the camels.

NASA shuttle program is in its finel stages, and will shutt down soon. The goverment is going to fund more energy programs useing the nasa scientests and engineers for future electric devolpment for our energy needs. They are talking about putting in fuel cells for every home, thus ending the need for these hudge power plants. and mass produceing fuel cells to power our millions of cars and trucks, homes, citys.

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

Well, Im still going to try to help the U.S. economy by driving the family down and across to Astoria Washington and then down the coast highway into N California to see the redwoods again and back for our family adventure this July.

I dont really give a crap how much fuel is. I'm already paying equivelent of 3.63 a u.s. gal here in the great white north. At least with our dollar almost at par, it'll be the cheapest trip down there yet for us. We used to think it was no big deal with our dollar 48-54% less than the U.S. one, work that factor into a holiday. (thats like about 5.37 a u.s. gallon just a few years ago)

Well that sounds like a great plan we expect to see some nice pics of that trip.