Spartans Home

Fellas, time to pad your stats

Okay so this might be a little controversial but it is completely within the limitations of the game, so bite me.

Anyways, here we go.

FOR STARTERS:

First, find an empty server that is playing RUSH. You need to be the only one to be in the server or it becomes a pain in the ass.

Second, make sure you are on the ATTACKING team. If not, switch teams. (Keep in mind that most servers will not allow you to switch teams at the beginning of two consecutive matches. Just leave the server and rejoin it from the History list. You can switch teams if you need to, but I have found that when I join a RUSH server, it dumps me to the attacking team most, if not all of the time.)

Third, makes sure you have the class you need points for selected. Make sure you bring something that goes 'boom' to access the hard-to-reach MCOM stations, i.e. tube, Carl, arty goggles, etc...

To make this worth while, it is a time vs. points endeavor. Use a quad to get to and from the spawn points and from each MCOM. Remember to hope back on the quad or vehicle often enough to keep it from blowing up and respawning on you. You will be running a lot if you don't.

Also, keep in mind that engineer kits can repair the quad if you wreck damage it, so this might be one to pad first.

Make sure that you are in a squad. There are three ways to join a squad that I know of.

1. Join off a friend. This doesn't apply here.

2. Click the "Put me in a squad' button on the map load screen.

3. And third, by using the kit selection screen between or during a match. (Hit ENTER key during the match.)

By being in a squad, you can give the attack or defend commands by using the Q key. Hover your reticule over the A or B icon and when it starts to go all green star-like flashy, hit the Q button. It will add arrows at the four sides of the box and the game will say something retarded like, "Attack here guys."

Why is this important? Having given the attack command for a MCOM will give you an extra 10 points per bomb set and per detonation. So an extra 40 points for a Rush sector.

NOTE: I have found that sometimes the game doesn't allow you to give commands. I am not sure why, but it doesn't really matter that much in the end. You are only looking at an extra 120-160 points per match depending on how many rush sectors the map has.

VEHICLES:

Vehicles can detriment your padding. Unless you are purposefully trying to skill up your vehicle points, stay off of your ride when the game is getting ready to give you points. Mainly, this is when an MCOM station is about to explode. You will hear the alarm and then it will turn to a siren. If you are in ear shot of the station you will know when it will explode. If you are on/in a vehicle, your points will go to the vehicle class and not the weapon class you are trying to improve.

Remember that, you vehicle is a good tool to move to the next area and you will need to hop on it frequently to keep it from respawning, but don;t waste your points if you have all the unlocks already.

Now that we have the basics down along with some tips, lets look at how many points you'll get.

Depending on how many RUSH Sectors the map has determines the overall points you will get in the end.

The more Sectors, the more points, obviously.

For instance a map that has three sectors:

6 MCOM plants: 180 points

6 MOCM destruction: 600 points

Attack order bonuses: 120 points

= 900 points for the map

Don't forget about the pins!

MCOM Destruction pin for every 4 MCOM Stations destroyed: 100 points

BEST Squad pin: 200 points

BEST Player pin: 200 points

900 + 500= 1400 points for just running around planting bombs.

For a map with 4 Sectors, add another 240 points for the MCOMs, and another 100 for the MCOM pin.

After 100 MCOMs destroyed, you will get a medal worth 5000 points.

DELAY:

The biggest time waster is waiting for the next Sector to open up after the second MCOM has blown. This takes about 10-15 seconds. So you will be waiting there at the edge for the next one to open. Make sure you don't go into the time out area or you will lose points when you die.

OTHER TIPS:

1. Don't just shoot randomly. If you care about your accuracy score, random shooting will drop it in a hurry.

2. You can do this with two players working together to go through them faster. Make sure you are both on the attacking team.

Well, that's about it. Good luck, have fun padding your stats.

Most of these games make it possible to pad your stats when working with another person or two. What is different about this game is the ability to obtain points while being the only one in the server.

I guess it would be possible to have a character at level 50 and all unlocks with no kills or deaths. Would be something to try but it would be easy for someone to screw up in a hurry if they wanted to.

For the record, I kinda like to feel like I earned my rank. Plus if you rank up like that, you are missing out on the skill set you would naturally learn by sticking to the natural process; so you end up with all the toys with no really appreciation or skill.

Not knocking anyone who decides padding is a good thing for them, just my two pence worth.

Having said all that, I'll bookmark this thread incase I get peed off doing it this way, thanks Medic :lol:

Edited by Rocky

I'm not saying anyone should go all the way doing this, but it is the fastest way to get to the second tier weapons and the paddles for the medic class. It makes the game playable for new purchasers or those who lose their account or forget the password and have to start over.

Lol... probably I ll give this a shot :)

With my controversial hate/love for this game, I think this will help me to get some better toys, but then, there is a side of me feeling like I m cheating a bit... and then another side who would get jsut bored like hell running around a map more than once just setting bombs...

I dont know, problem is.. do i feel more frustrated dieing every 20 secs on a crowded server, mybe killing one or two bad guys and NOT makng points OR is more frustrating running around alone map after map just to accumulate points?

Oh well, we ll see but something is true, I was quite excited when finally I unlocked my first assault rifle :)

this just reinforces my hatred of ranking and perks and weapons upgrades - it almost drives players to cheat to be competitive - bad, bad, bad.

please dont think I point finger at Medic here - not that at all.

just saying that i dislike this type of gamer incentive

True Speedy,

however is also true to say that another way to have some decent weapon without cheating is playing with your squad, where probably the other guys are way better than you (or me), and go in formationn, as soon as ure teammate dies (it will happen way ooften) you can pick his kit from the ground, enjoying the improved weapons and opticals.

Also true that your moment of glory will last probably less that a minute, before you die again and respawn with your standard set on peanuts.

However really, this is a game oriented to fast action and ranking, there is not much more you have to try to give to it, just take it for what it is. Again, when u play wiith the Sparta guys, there are many chences to have teamplay, which enhance the quality.

Problem is in this game how often cann you play, look at my stats and you will understand. If you have no tiime to stay steady on it, your progression will be very slow.

its only taken me about a fortnight to get upto level 23.

I dont play everynight and im not that good!

easiest way 2 get points in be a medic in a full server, hand out medi kits and revive dead people.

ching ching.

• 5 weeks later...

being a stat whore i just thought i'd check out the strat in the OP. it just seems inefficient and boring, why not play in a server full of peeps and destroy the mcom stations? not only that you will get more points because u will kill a ton of guys, get a ton of points from assisitng your squad - ammo, medic, repair vehicle, badges, pins, stars for the guns.

rank up slowly on your own or have fun and rank up fast in a full server :D

if anyone wants a cheap nooby points boost, use the carl, i reckon you can get about 100,000 points from that gun alone in less than 6 hours / 2 evening sessions, let alone the points from the other guns and kit you carry :)