Spartans Home

Dropping Armor

Again, a first-try question.

Had several shots last night with an RPG against the armor in whichever laguna-something map we tried. It seemed to just keep on rollin'. Someone in TS said the RPG is largely ineffective against armor. Other than the Recon C4, what else is?!

I'm trying to remember my BF2 time, I had plenty there. I had, jezus just checked, somewhere around 1000 hrs in BF2 (There is something wrong with me). So what's the crossover, and what's changed in terms of gameplay itself? Yes weapons, maps and the like, but the actual in-game mechanics, what-can-kill-what, and the rest.

Had several shots last night with an RPG against the armor in whichever laguna-something map we tried. It seemed to just keep on rollin'. Someone in TS said the RPG is largely ineffective against armor. Other than the Recon C4, what else is?!

I'm trying to remember my BF2 time, I had plenty there. I had, jezus just checked, somewhere around 1000 hrs in BF2 (There is something wrong with me). So what's the crossover, and what's changed in terms of gameplay itself? Yes weapons, maps and the like, but the actual in-game mechanics, what-can-kill-what, and the rest.

RPG can take it out but it takes several attempts. When I drop arti on a tank usually the 4th shell kills the tank. So they're pretty tough animals.

The best way to kill a tank is with a tank. :lol:

Other than that I like to sit back and spot targets all day long. :P A good spotter can turn the battle for his team.

There is also a perk for improved explosives. Remember, you just started and people have tons of upgrades for their vehicles. The tank armor is also directionally different. A tank will take more damage from the back or if you manage to hit the belly.

I feel with you!

When i startet on the game it had already been out almost 2 weeks so everyone else were killing me of as easy as. The first couple of days it was really frustrating cos u cannot hit or kill anything. But as soon as you start to progress u aiming will get better and thereby inflict more damage. U can probably emptyt a whole clip into the enemy at point blank and still not kill him. Well thats how the game works. You are a rookie in game and thereby it makes u hit absolutely nothing.

When i shoot at a tank with the RPG it usually take 3 rockets to kill it. I never hit it at the front and always on tracks or the turret but i try to hit it on the back were a tank is usually most wounerable.

Actually the best thing to take out a tank with is the Anti-tank mines! You just get the addon to carry 7 or 8 of them and start laying them around in pairs of 2.. you will be surprised what you get with them.
That's true!!!

The RGP can take out armour but it takes several shots as mentioned by others. But you can reduce that to 2-4 with the two specializations that increase your explosive power !! (You have to earn them).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armour

good anti Armour

The TOW missile, AT-4, Vehicle Land mines, Mortar strikes & C4 .... plus painting the vehicle with a marker DART.