Spartans Home

Routers just for gameing

Athlon64~SPARTA~

D link has come out with wired or wireless GAMEING routers built just for gameing, not for lame office networks like outher routers, its made for shareing connections with outher computers in your home wile one of them is gameing and the outher one doing lame stuff like emails and such. This router is special for this type of thing, it breaks up the data into smaller packets so that it can be sent faster and gives the gameing machine priority wile on line.

I have one and it works great.

http://games.dlink.com/products/?pid=371DGL-4100

And for the wireless version

http://games.dlink.com/products/?pid=370DGL-4300

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

• 1 month later...

looking to buy a new router myself. my home network is running and the packer loss is brutal on this shity linksys. any new recommendations. I am going to look at Athlons suggestions.

i will connect my computer via Ethernet cable and the rest of the house is wireless. i have been looking at netgear myself.

No money they still make the 4300 that one is just bigger n got more arials on etc. I'm not expert on wireless but I see a lot on dlink site about backwards compatable etc and I know the 4300 Is able to run different versions of wireless standards. Remember this is just a Router not modem as well.

this would be great as COD4 seems to kick ppl for losing packets, think I fixed mine last night though. Have heard about these before but cant justify spending £50 when my router works fab at the moment.

1 other thing....I heard this prioritises your gaming packets and your download packets, so you dont get a high ping or lag when downloading torrents or whatever.

Edited by Krambo~SPARTA~

It does priorities game packets and I got mine for £34. Last nights rubbish was not us tho Mark all over were having connection issues inc EBDA according to Dirty O.

• 2 years later...

Came across this post and yea its kind of old, but have to say I've had my DGL-4300 for about 3-4yrs and its still kicking butt. Most games I don't have to port forward (except for hosting a game where I get an extra 5ms for opening them).

I love it, works better then any router I've ever had and not to mention was one of the first home routers offering gigabit. Now its dime a dozen. For a while with new firmware releases they would update configration specifically for certain games, you would select the gmae and the special ports that needed to be opened it would open wiht "profiles".

Also this is the longest l;asting router I've had actually, have had previous Dlink's, linksys, and Netgear's flake after about 2yrs due to cheap internals frying on me.

• 1 year later...

Came across this post and yea its kind of old, but have to say I've had my DGL-4300 for about 3-4yrs and its still kicking butt. Most games I don't have to port forward (except for hosting a game where I get an extra 5ms for opening them).

I love it, works better then any router I've ever had and not to mention was one of the first home routers offering gigabit. Now its dime a dozen. For a while with new firmware releases they would update configration specifically for certain games, you would select the gmae and the special ports that needed to be opened it would open wiht "profiles".

Also this is the longest l;asting router I've had actually, have had previous Dlink's, linksys, and Netgear's flake after about 2yrs due to cheap internals frying on me.

I've had my DGL-4500 for 4 years and it runs great yet.