Spartans Home

Ace2 Bug - Server version mismatch

Batwing~SPARTA~

I got this problem today, and others with me. Kal tried to help with no luck.

Message says server is running 319 (which is not, Kal confirms server is running 316) and says I have 316 (corrct, this is the one I m supposed to have), so version mismatch, I cannot play.

It looks like a server bug, so I would suggest bto not mess up ure config trying a wrong update.

The server needs to be rebooted and probably the bug goes away.It already happened before and the server rboot solved the issue. Noone knows why is doing that.

Yeah - kind of at a loss honestly.. Even tried the server config thingy with Zeno (set did the following below and set the server to "3" and its still making a mess:

http://ace.wikkii.com/wiki/Frequently_Aske..._Userconfig_.3F

How can I configure my server to allow clients to connect with slightly different versions of ACE?

* Find the file ACE_serverconfig.hpp in the subfolder userconfig of your ArmA2 game folder ( e.g. c:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA2 ).

* Optionally make a backup copy for just-in-case situations.

* Open that file with a text editor, notepad works fine.

* Locate the section on VERSIONING_LEVEL

* Uncomment or add a non-commented line setting the amount of checking you desire.

-1 - Exact match. Default setting.

0 - Disable all checking.

1 - Check 1st level. 1.0.v, 1.1.v are allowed, 0.u.v.w.x.y rejected.

2 - Check 2nd level. 1.1.1.w, 1.1.2.w are allowed. 1.2.v.w.x.y rejected.

3 - Check 3rd level. 1.1.1.1.x, 1.1.1.2.x are allowed. 1.1.2.w.x.y rejected.

4 - Check 4th level. 1.1.1.1.1.y, 1.1.1.1.2.y are allowed. 1.1.1.2.x.y rejected.

I think six updater dpes not update the ace folder in userconfig.

make a backup of your ace folder in the userconfig directory

If you look in your @ace/store folder there is a userconfig.tar folder, open this with winrar and copy the ace folder into the userconfig folder.

This fixed the problem for me.

I have set up a second ace server (1.0.10.316) which does not check the ace version. We will be using this one form now on and the old one will be pasworded for tactical use.

I posted on the Bohemia Studios forums to see if they can fix this. For anyone running into this mismatch issue:

1) It appears that many of the issues related to connecting appear to be userconfig mismatch issues. This is where the files in the @ACE;@CBA, etc folders may be the right files you wanted, but you may have not updated your /userconfig/ACE/*.hpp files.

2) It appears that candidate/beta versions such as 322 don't like the stable version and will just crash Arma upon attempting to connect to a 316 server.

If you wish to continue using six updater and have a user config error do this

On left hand side of updator web page find ' Optional Preset Overides'

In the 'Action Box' using the dropdown arrow choose 'Process userconfigs'

then execute, this will sort most userconfig probs (it did for me) :D

My case is same as Driller ( Exactly)

cheers !!

Todays report: I had made Zeno changes but with no positive results.Still appears 3.22 in the game interface and

when y try to enter in the server , shows a lot of errors in Folders such us @ACE , @GL4 etc.

Cheers !!

Edited by SlowFinger

yea, i'm having some serious issues with ace now aswell. re-installing via six-updater which will undoubtedly provide v322. so, my question is: what how do i roll back the version? no need to go into great detail, just get me going in the right direction and i can figure it out from there. any input would be greatly appreciated!

thanks,

-vapor

yea, i'm having some serious issues with ace now aswell. re-installing via six-updater which will undoubtedly provide v322. so, my question is: what how do i roll back the version? no need to go into great detail, just get me going in the right direction and i can figure it out from there. any input would be greatly appreciated!

thanks,

-vapor

nvr mind, i figured it out myself

thanks,

-vapor

There is no rollback feature.

Ok - so I posted questions/concerns on the BI Forums and probably along with others got Sickboy stirred up a bit.

What it comes down to is this - We are sticking with the stable versions of ACE2 on the server for now. If you want to play on our server, you need to go to the website, download the STABLE files, and use those ONLY. Anything via Six Updater is prone to crash, cause incompatibility issues, etc. However - you can run both at the same time per SickBoy by just renaming the directories to like @ACE_1.0, etc and loading them up instead. Make sure your userconfig matches correctly.

1) Go to their new website to download files: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/v1_0_Stable

2) Download the 5 files from one of the mirrors. The files on the 10th SFG's seemed quickest and most direct for me.

3) Unrar each of these into a directory.

4) RENAME each folder as *_1.0. Example: @ACE_1.0, @ACEX_1.0, @ACEX_PLA_1.0, @ACEX_SM_1.0, @CBA_1.0

5) Put these folders into your Arma 2 game folder.

6) Follow the instructions on the webpage from step #1 to get the userconfig rar file out of the @ACE_1.0/store/ directory, and create the 4 /userconfig/ACE/*.hpp files in your Arma 2 root directory.

7) Edit the /userconfig/ACE/ace_clientside_config.hpp -> replace the "John Doe" with your in game name. Example "kalxen"

8) Create a desktop shortcut for yourself to start Arma that includes all these mod folders:

Example:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\arma2.exe" -noSplash -noFilePatching -noworld

-mod=@CBA_1.0;@ACE_1.0;@ACEX_1.0;@ACEX_PLA_1.0;@ACEX_SM_1.0

NOTE: Make sure the CBA mod is the first one in the list of mods loaded.

I did everything exactly as it's listed and I still get a 'Session lost' every time i try to connect.

ETA: yea, I restarted and stopped trying to use a shortcut and went back to using ARMA 2 Launcher and that worked.

Edited by Yoshi

Im frustrated, i tried and it does not work

Arma start ask for somefiles located in CBA folder , not CBA_1.0

no idea what's wrong

yes i did follow instruction and even download CBA 3 times from 2 different sources

message i get

Include files x\cba\addons\main\scrip_macros_common.hpp not found

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

Peter, try this...

go to your @ace folder

inside you will find store. then userconfig.tar

open this with winrar

inside you will find an ace folder.

now if you have a userconfig folder in your arma root directory (and if you havent tried any variation of ace before) extract the ace folder from userconfig.tar to this folder, if not create a userconfig folder and do it.

Delete your CBA folder and replace it with this

http://www.legionofsparta.net/downloads/Ga...Av.0.3.1.84.rar

this is a rar'd version of my CBA folder, this definitely works.

If it doesnt the problem is not CBA but one of the other folders.

I worked through a problem Ditch had and we found a couple of 223 files in his ace folder.

ACE is a pain.

Peter, I'm getting the same error you reported. Could I get you to post how you fixed it?

Txs,

Walker

Edit: Zeno, I downloaded the CBA you posted and I am now able to get into the "316" server. Thanks!

Edited by Walker