Spartans Home

Friday Night TacDom - 12/03/10

Watchman~SPARTA~

Just a quick info request: What versions / mods / etc are we needing for tomorrow?

Now that Ace2 seems to be being played, will this be needed or are we staying with standard plus Littlebird, for now?

Haven't used Ace at all before, so will need to get this plus anything else required before tomorrows session.

Thanks, Watchy.

I agree but lets give it at least one week for everyone to practice a bit with ACE and get it squared away.

We cannot possibly clear a standard BigDom AO, maybe no Armour, we need to sort/practice at least these things after most of us have actually got the MOD installed and working.

Healling and all the Medic crap

How to have backpacks and check what weight we are carrying 40Kilo plus forget running etc

Weapons are different, ammo (stanag SD anyone) is different, aiming is different and need to range find etc etc

Having said that I am on a Jolly tomorrow with a couple of mates so I will not be around.

If we are not using ACE next week expect me to sulk :P party on

The O.1 TacDom map does not use ACE. That being said, there is little required to use the O.1 ACE map for Tacdom:

1) preferences option Veteran

2) preferences option Small Troop Towns only

3) preferences option hide markers

The ACE map has Little Birds, and the starting heli/Harrier. It also has a C130, fastroping on LittleBirds, claymores, etc. It does not have starting armor, Lav for convoy options.

Although I am really looking forward to the ACE on TACDOM, it's really about the group.

All the software in on my machine, but I have not yet attempted to jump on the server.

I think waiting 7 days would be in the best interests.

O DEAR GOD NOT MORE UPLOADS. do you guys realize how slow my damn connection is

lol you work away from home for one week and suddenly there's a ton of updates lol.

im up for ace mod im just confused Zeno. do i download each patch seperatly cus that six updater keeps screwing up on me !!!

once again please help the more tec dissabled of us loll.....

I want someone else to take over Command tonight, not because I don't like it (I love it), but I want others to get some experience and learn the overall strategy. That being said, I really really hope others show patience for whoever steps up.

So, that being said, I look forward to seeing who steps up tonight!

ill be home in like 2 or 3 hours. Last check on the TS viewer it looked nothing had really developed yet.

Edit: It looks like its starting lol

I should be on around 5pm PST. If anyone is up for it, i will volunteer to lead for an AO...not sure if i will have time for more than that or not, so ill say for at least 1

EDIT: Though if you guys are still going already, ill just tuck in until needed

Edited by GooniversalSoldier~SPARTA~

Thanks for the interest. After the first AO, a lot of guys left and some new ones came on. I couldn't stay, but not one person offered to be MC, so I just set them up and left. Not sure how they're doing, but I wish I had someone to help out. If you think you'd like to do it, but not sure how or something, feel free to PM me and I can go over all the basics to you. I really want others to do this, and you'll have to if you want to keep doing TacDom nights.

Try practicing during the week as well. Just set yourself up as MC, and have someone in as squad leader doing side missions.

Thanks for the interest. After the first AO, a lot of guys left and some new ones came on. I couldn't stay, but not one person offered to be MC, so I just set them up and left. Not sure how they're doing, but I wish I had someone to help out. If you think you'd like to do it, but not sure how or something, feel free to PM me and I can go over all the basics to you. I really want others to do this, and you'll have to if you want to keep doing TacDom nights.

Try practicing during the week as well. Just set yourself up as MC, and have someone in as squad leader doing side missions.

Oh, i will need to get my TS overlay working...no biggie though

If nothing else, i will slam everyone into one channel and bark order that way

Edited by GooniversalSoldier~SPARTA~

First off I would like to thank T1 for stepping forward as MC and Durka for going 2IC to support him. I fully understand Durka's point about others taking the MC role and did volunteer but stated that I wouldn't enjoy it. I will freely admit that I am a grunt, pure and simple, I like to shoot shit. I don't do strategy games for a reason ;). That being said, if you fancy doing the MC role but all that's stopping you is a worry that you don't know what your doing, please give it a go, Durka and others will give you all the help and support you need.

That being said I stepped up for an SL role and was give DELTA (Recon).

Organisation was great, the server was updated and we joined and got started in record time. Good job guy's.

After action report to follow as I'm on the iPhone in costa's and the wife is back ;)

As Dai said, it's not everyone's cup of tea, and TBH if I wanted to play strategy games, them I would play them. It is a different twist on a normal game of arma, and didn't save me and Durka from getting taken out a couple of times, and chalking up a few kills of our own.

I did MC last night as my schedule is likely to change in the next couple of months, and my participation in TACDOM, in any shape or form will reduce dramatically, and perhaps become non-existant.

For everyone who enjoy's playing TACDOM, you SHOULD take at least 1 turn of MC, you shouldn't and cannot rely on others to do it for you otherwise no one will, and it'll be back to normal DOM.

It's your choice.

Delta (Recon) Debrief:

Initially Delta consisted of myself as SL and Tholozor, me as a Medic and Tholozor as Sniper.

We quickly kitted up and grabbed a Littlebird and headed out to our marked LZ on the West of the AO. Tholozor is a great pilot and deftly evaded a populated roadblock on our way in. I marked the Roadblock on map and we debussed at our LZ without further incident.

With Tholozor on point we proceded on foot to our FOP and and set up for some Recon.

After marking the location of the Tower, a D30 battery and one of the Camps we requested a 'GREEN' to engage the D30 Gunners and were given permission to neutralise them. With me acting as Spotter and reading adjustments from the range card Tholozor deftly took out the D30 Gunners as well as several ancillary infantrymen with his M107. We continued to harass the infantry squads at range and also dealt with a few small groups that tried pushing to our position.

As fire became more concentrated I called a move and we flanked right in an attempt to locate the further Camps. At this time we were assigned Grizzly (as a Team Leader) who proceeded to HALO to our position.

Before we could establish another OP we were instructed by MC to return to the Littlebird and reposition to the East of the AO and Recon for further Camps and D30's. It was requested as a secondary objective that we destroy the D30's we had engaged. I sent Tholozor and Grizzly on to secure the Littlebird and I tried to get back to our original FOP to engage and destroy the D30's with SMAW. This proved impossible as the original FOP was compromised with enemy infantry so I informed MC and scrubbed the secondary objective. After making it back to the Littlebird Tholozor once again did a great job in getting us to our Easterly LZ and we again debussed and moved on to our marked OP.

From here we had overwatch on Bravo pushing up from the south and began to engage any threats to their East. MC then marked a new way-point further West and deeper into the AO but instructed us of the presence of an enemy Tank that he would rather destroyed than left on our rear. Tholozor (still on point) plotted us a route to the Tank and we acquired the target 200mtrs down slope from us. Myself and Grizzly both went SMAW up and got 'eyes on'. I counted us in and it was beautiful, there was what sounded like one launch and one explosion as both SMAW's hit the Tusk simultaneously. The crew debussed but almost immediately the Tank blew taking the unfortunate crewmen out. Job done we reported in to MC and proceded to our original way-point.

To be continued...........