Spartans Home

Sick of BF2 yet?

my biggest issue and why i havent got the game yet is bcoz of unlockable stuff and respawns - although it sounds like ppl are having fun with it i wont be buying it.

standardise the weapons and no respawns and ill c u in game for sure.

Edited by Lightspeed~SPARTA~

I play once every 2 or 3 days for a couple hours and I've unlocked everything except one weapon in the medic track. Long story short, its not ARMA (not even close). You can play on a non ranked server with everything unlocked i believe. But, playing against people even with everything unlocked who have run the paces unlocking everything in ranked servers would not be fun.

Its either for you or it isn't. Anything can be accomplished on a locked server, even super squad tactics. It's all about what you want from a game.

Long story short, its not ARMA (not even close)...

Its either for you or it isn't. Anything can be accomplished on a locked server, even super squad tactics. It's all about what you want from a game.

The designers of BC2 (and I'm sure MW2, given the numerous comparable attributes), have worked very hard to make something that has a literal 'bang' for your buck. The destructable environments are superb, the weather and wind is great, and the number and type of 'RUSH' style maps give a bit of variety to the gameplay. BC2 is a twitch with squad-level tactics possible, but I can't see BC2 growing into a detailed tactical anything. Its dissapointing that BC2 does not have a commander function like in BF2, further to the twitch-over-tactical discussion.

Hard to have played so much ARMA2, as batwing suggested, and then look at BC2. We're comparing things that really shouldn't be compared-it's like comparing BC2 and CompanyofHeroes (again, different games entirely). Tricky when ARMA and BC2 both present a player with an FPS.

As far as Batwing's wish to mix graphics and environ of BC2 w/ARMA2-scale missions, I'm all for it! I don't think tech today can handle the script weight of ARMA2 and the graphics of BC2, can it? In 5 years though I expect to see something along these lines.

I understand what people are saying about RnG but the clue is in the game type that most people play "rush"

definitions...

1. To move or act swiftly; hurry.

2. To make a sudden or swift attack or charge.

3. To flow or surge rapidly, often with noise.

If you where to play conquest or squad rush then the game type will be slowed down.

But yes a full server running 32 players you are going to get RnG because people want to rank up and get the weapons as lets face it....when you start you get jack shit.

That aside its been great playing with spartans again. Hope to see more of you in game and meet some new peeps.

Cheers

As far as Batwing's wish to mix graphics and environ of BC2 w/ARMA2-scale missions, I'm all for it! I don't think tech today can handle the script weight of ARMA2 and the graphics of BC2, can it? In 5 years though I expect to see something along these lines.

However, in 5 years we'll be quoted saying, "Damnit, why can't Arma 5 have the graphics that Call of Duty #27 has?!". But don't get me wrong, I'm all for it as well. =)

- JHunter