Spartans Home

Sick of BF2 yet?

Of course I'm only speaking for myself, but I plan on enjoying BC2 for some time to come. Keep in mind that I came from a group that played BF2142 exclusively, and I played it for about a year, until our members became tired of it and went their different ways. BC2 is an even better game (albeit with a few omissions that I miss from the other BF games), so I'll be playing for awhile.

Indeed, BC2 is much more run-n-gun than Arma, no doubt about that. But that's part of what makes it fun; I also used to play CS:S, and I still play TF2 here and there (123 hours in TF2 vs 110 for Arma 2, according to Steam), so I'm the type of person that likes variety. That's why I'm playing SupCom2 on Saturdays and participating in the Sunday races, and I'm working my way through Prototype when I need a break from all of the above. If I played ANY game almost exclusively, I'd get tired of it very quickly.

** EDIT ** It's important to note that most of my time in BC2 has been with other members/regulars.

Edited by Fatal_Papercut~SPARTA~

Honestly, I believe that it depends on multiple factors including, the server, game type, the map, and most importantly the players and whether or not they can work together. If these things fall in to place, the game is a huge joy. If not, then I begin to verbally resemble Krambo on a good day.

The players make or break a game. It's as simple as that.

I picked up B:BC2 and am still enjoying it immensely.

I have two quick questions though about the series.

1) Battlefield: Bad Company is separate from the Battlefield Series, correct? I remember playing Battlefield 2 I believe, where the maps were still larger and each side had like 200 tickets. This game is kind of an off-shoot of that?

2) Does Battlefield: Bad Company 2 allow for user made content. I remember playing a "Realistic" mod for Battlefield that added things like bandaging, stamina, wind and bullet drop, realistic vehicle damage, and several new maps. Is that doable for B:BC2? If so I think that would also greatly improve the playability.

I personally love the game. I have also been playing with everyone on teamspeak and it makes it much more enjoyable. When you actually work as a team and have comms with everyone, then it becomes less run and gun, and more tactical..

I will add that yes arma is slower and not run in gun, but until the day comes when they make a game that looks as good as bc2 and is tactical like arma, then we will have two different games with way different gameplays

I picked up B:BC2 and am still enjoying it immensely.

I have two quick questions though about the series.

1) Battlefield: Bad Company is separate from the Battlefield Series, correct? I remember playing Battlefield 2 I believe, where the maps were still larger and each side had like 200 tickets. This game is kind of an off-shoot of that?

2) Does Battlefield: Bad Company 2 allow for user made content. I remember playing a "Realistic" mod for Battlefield that added things like bandaging, stamina, wind and bullet drop, realistic vehicle damage, and several new maps. Is that doable for B:BC2? If so I think that would also greatly improve the playability.

In regards to question 1: It's a matter of semantics, really. All of the BF games are made by DICE, and, with the exception of BF Heroes, they all have quite a lot in common. What sets the Bad Company games apart from the other BF games is that the Bad Company games have a single-player campaign with a story, along with the multiplayer component. Each iteration of a BF game has it quirks and differences, although in BF2/2142 games, you could set the ticket-count for Conquest games as low as 50 or as high as 300 (possibly higher, but 300 was the highest I'd ever played).

Question 2: Because EA/DICE require servers to be hosted by "official partners" for ranked play, they do not officially support modding. Of course, this didn't stop people from running mods with other BF games, but keep in mind that those servers will always be private and unranked. EA/DICE's official response to this issue can be found here:

http://kotaku.com/5485700/bad-company-2-de...dding-community

Frankly, I'm extreemly happy that our members and regulars are playing a variety of games. I'm personally an Arma2 guy, mainly because I don't have the extra dough or time to pay for more games, but I'm really happy our group isn't getting burned out on one particular genre or title. If we did, it would likely end up like Fatal's last group and just go seperate ways. That's why you'll rarely see me saying anything bad about other games, unless I've played them and I hate them, lol. Here's hoping this game provides you guys some fun!

Lighty

If we could run a dedi I would have a copy already if only to play with Slain Viii etc cos they are obviously having fun.

Fuck it if Floyd gets a copy so will I bollocks the cost, game on

Custard

Got to get this off my chest: It is my 2010 goal to teabag Sla1n. Don't care what game, my thirst shall not be satieted so long as he keeps killing me in BC2. :)

Oooh! If I recall correctly, in my very first game with members/regulars, Sla1n developed a nasty habit of shooting me in the face with his grenade launcher. Can I hold him down while you teabag him?

Got to get this off my chest: It is my 2010 goal to teabag Sla1n. Don't care what game, my thirst shall not be satieted so long as he keeps killing me in BC2. :)

As a general rule of thumb... It is NOT cool to say the words 'tea bag' and 'thirst' about a teammate in the same context.

IPB Image

lol

This thread has me laughing, but on a serious note: Lightspeed, I am with you about not liking run n gun crap. However, there is a difference between run-n-gun and fast action. This game can be either one, much along the lines of Medic's description.

I, like Medic, will scream like Krambo when the game deteriorates to RnG, but when coordination with teammates takes away an element or two that would make it RnG, then I am happy to play it and it can be a joy, though faster paced than many games I prefer.

I will still play both Arma 2 and I will play this.

I think it's definitely fast shooter than run&gun ,you have to remember that the game is officially out in the last two weeks.

Members are still learning the game & features,once we reach a good number of players who made high ranks we can start work on our coordination.

for me it was difficult to adjust for the pace at start cause i was playing only arma for the last few months,but after a few nights playing with the guys which i didn't talked with them before(sla1n,viiper,e-money )for example ,i find the game very good and provides a good time.

Yesterday our group did well on a few sessions we got best team award.

back in farcry2 it was pretty much a nightmare to fight against sla1n it pretty much wasn't fair. :(

lol... you mean ?

User posted image

Like I posted @ GR.net especially for ROCKY.....

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php...=54405&hl=#

As per topic title: Your Impressions of BF:BC2

BFBC2 is not COD/ CODMW1/2 GRAW/GRAW2 or RSE GR, as soon as you understand that your going to come with an open mind. BFBC2 is an average game when it comes to single player with a less than average campaign duration (around 6-8hrs max).

Where BFBC2 does shine & excell is in MP, alass if you missed out on the launch day +2 shenanigans of the host list server etc then you will be rewarded with a very stable connection in general. There are alot of servers listed and many full, why? in my personal opinion it's the structure of the game, it is like COD/ MW1/2 fast but with a stronger emphasis on tactics, where you will find that working together is the only way to rack up regular wins.

The game has fixed two main classes for me which many games get wrong, note I say games because this is a game & not a simulator. The first is the Medic class which for the first time is really a useful class, meaning you can actually fight & be helpful to assist & earn credit in game for it. You have (once earned) revive pads, medic kits & fire power all making the medic a truly important person in the team.

The second class is the so called Sniper class which for good reason EA/Dice call the Recon class. The term Recon is so much better as a description because sniping is only one element, The recon class brings Sharp shooter, Spotting, Info Recon, Sensors & Artillery strikes to the table, I think DICE made a good call.

Overall With the badges & pins to collect, length of service, personal stats & comparison stats of you & your friends list, this title will entertain for a long time........

9/10 For Multiplayer 7/10 for Single player.

Key words: Addictive, moreish, teamwork, voice comms, Action, fast paced....

P.S. Not to forget the sweet 'DOG TAGS' you collect from the victims of every mother F. you stab in game, they come in various colours/ metals & hang in your personal showcase as trophies...

P.P.S.

Sparta has a growing list of players that are friends & members.

http://www.legionofspartans.com/forums/ind...st=0#entry50228

End of......

• 3 weeks later...

Got game and first thoughts are it is run and gun

Second thoughts are I do see a lot of potential for ppl that like to play as a team

I think I've found a PvP,TvT game I really like :thumbsup_anim: I see a lot of fun ahead

My 2 cents about this:

I am very new on it, so take my comment for what it is, I have only about 5 multiplayer sorties so far.

I do like it BUT there are a few things I am not used to:

1 - Is crazy fast. You can call it fast action, yes, nonetheless is really fast.

2 - I ve never been too much a fan of unlockable skills and weapon related to the "experience" factor, because I have no time to spennd hours on a game in order to achieve some skills allowing me to survive more than 30 secs after spawn. Better guns, explosive skills, better bullets etc. all of this comes later on, you start mostly as a third world class soldier with a sling and a handful of rocks to throw to the enemy.

I know this is the way these games are played and this is the reason why I never played BF, COD4 - 5 and similia before.

3 - Unfortunately, due to the bove point, the few MP sorties i had were extremely frustrating, with kill ratio as 19 deaths to 4 kills. True i m not the best shooter, but ii think in general I can do better thhan that. Again, you have to suck it up and playy and play hours to achieve thhe skills you need to start to be coompetitiive.

--- True to say tho.. either I do suck at these games (possible) or you need hours to gaiin skills. I m quite sure many other honorable Sprta players do not agree with me on this, but this is just my point.

However, whhat I really do like is:

1 - Graphic and environment, is just amazing. Sound is fantastic and although it looks like you are looking a movie wiith the fast forward locked in ( did i mention is "fast action" ? lol), the experience is beautiful

2 - playing with the Sparta team makes any game experience better. There is opportunity to team play. Probably thhat requires a few hours of experience as well to learn maps and paths and do it together, however this team makes the difference - Honestly, if i didn t have the pleasure to play with all of you guys, this game foor me would be already on the shelf.

With that said, I do stick better with Arma2 class of games to have a full armory available, use my skills when I can and enjoy a normal pace on game.

My question is, WHY do not make a game looking like BC2, that graphic is superb and destructable environment is a blast, and apply the style of game of Arma2 ???? That is my dream game really.