Spartans Home

New Gamemode idea

Kavlarakos~SPARTA~

Do you remember an old game called "Strike Commander". I think it was one of the last big titles which came out for MS-Dos in those days before WIndows took over.

Strike commander was a kind of military flight sim with a small economy sim part in it. So you had to take assignments in order to get some cash and so you could buy some better equipment.

I thought why not creating something similiar with Arma2. I know that there is a Warfare gamemode for Arma2 but it is not what I want to do.

Here is the idea:

A 20 coop mission on the map Isla Duala. The player starts at a small airport with a dirtroad-runway with very basic equipment. The leader of the mercs can then go to his contact person and pick out a mission in order to get some money. The missions vary from easy to hard. There is also a shop in the next village where you can buy new eqipment, weapons, vehicles,aircraft etc.

Side effects of some missions could also be that you get as an extra for example a special item like a vehicle, or a better location like an airport with a real runway. Each time when you get a new starting location also you get a new contact person with new, more advanced missions and also a new weapons dealer.

Also I thought to let the purchased vehicles after being destroyed respawn after a time.

Anyway this is just an idea and I would like to hear some opinions to this merc gamemode...

Its is a shot at Arma with an economy. Warfare is on one side of the coin, "Life" is on the other with some roleplay aspect. Its not my cup of tea - the focus gets lost easily. And with server stability issues, having to rebuild your camp each time could be a negative experience.