Spartans Home

Army's got new duds, yet again

http://www.army.mil/-news/2010/03/02/35184...rms-boots-gear/

Looks like soldiers deploying to Afghanistan are getting the new multi-cam uniforms, right up there with some stylish hiking boots. You'd think they would make up their minds at some point. I don't understand why the Army just doesn't change the coloring of the ACU, instead of going with a whole new pattern. With all these changes, the only thing that's keeping fratricide down at this point is our enemy wearing big long beards and turbans.

Heard about this from my brother. The funny thing is that Multi-Cam is, on the civilian market, more expensive than the ACU. So, I don't think this is a cost saving issue unless they worked their govt. magic and got some huge contracts for production.

Yeah I read about it in the Stars & Stripes this Morning and they said it was fashioned after the Brits, they said that there were some comments by solldiers saying they were having a hard time keepinng a visual on the forward guys and that's why they decided on this style.

Yeah, those boots 'll get ya killed in a new york minute! as you guys over the pond say

I doubt either us or the americans will ever stick to specific a disruptive pattern, there will always be something better just round the corner. The fact that these suits are fireproof though is a big improvement, should save a few lives.

I don't know what the built in insecticide says about you guys though, lol

Edited by StevenADunn~SPARTA~

Yeah I read about it in the Stars & Stripes this Morning and they said it was fashioned after the Brits, they said that there were some comments by solldiers saying they were having a hard time keepinng a visual on the forward guys and that's why they decided on this style.

So now they're saying that the ACU camo was TOO good? Good lord people just can't make up their minds lol.

SAD, or Steven (hehe), I'm going to go ahead and give the Army the benefit of the doubt here and say they are planning on subduing those metal lace hooks. As many times as I've been b*%$ed out for having scratches on mine, they better!

Aren't you supposed to have difficulty keeping visual on people wearing camo? Isn't that the whole point?

I'm just saying. :lol: