Spartans Home

Six Days In Fallujah

Stang~SPARTA~

Six Days In Fallujah

Have you Guys seen this work in progress?

I got interested in this after Durka reccomended reading the book "House to House" by David Bellavia, a former Army Infantry Staff Sergeant who served in the First Infantry Division (Task Force 2-2) for over six years and was too involved in the war in Fallujah. This book (which I listened to via Audio books / iTunes), is just incredible and I would recommend it as well. .

The game is intended to recreate the actual events of a Marine Squad durring the battle of Fallujah with Hyper Realistic visuals, stunning game play and a completely destroyable city model. This means you can enter the houses like Marines do... by creating their own entrance and avoiding the doors (very realistic).

The videos are great and screen shots are impressive. IGN just reported the game is done...see below

Six Days in Fallujah Lives

[Mar 03, 2010, 09:36 am ET]

Development of Six Days in Fallujah is complete, and the game is still on the way, reports IGN by way of a "source close to the game's development." The game does not have a publisher or a release date, but their source says: "I can promise you that game is still coming out and it is finished." This military-themed third-person shooter attracted controversy due to its planned depiction of the Iraq War, and was dropped by publisher Konami shortly after being announced. Developer Atomic Games suffered some job cuts this summer, but has been steadfast in pursuing the project, saying they want to honor the Fallujah combatants who fell in battle and others who have consulted on the game.

User posted image

User posted image

i'm eating through the book right now. I'm at the part where they just entered fallujah and are on the first rooftop were they get attacked from all directions. Dam nice book, recommend to everyone.

Have you gotten to "stay puft marshmellow d!ck yet? :lol:

My opinion on the game is two-sided. I've been hoping that the battle of Falluja will be told through a movie for some time now, but whoever is working on it (if anyone) is right to wait a while before it comes out. First drafts of history are always flawed, and I would expect a video game to be the same.

As for video games, it's entirely understandable that a lot of folks don't want it to come out, since it could be seen as trivializing the event that was probably the biggest actual "battle" of Operation Iraqi Freedom. If they do this right, giving the player a lesson not only in history but also show the best they can the experience of that battle, then it will be a success. (They'll have to use real urban tactics) If they just make it a bloody shooter showing off what devs can do with a game engine, and if they give any sort of respect to the terrorists on the other side, then it will be a colossial failure. Of course, no matter what, every pimple-faced kid who could care less about history will buy it up just to virtually pwn others.

It would be great wishful thinking if they gave an intro that gave some perspective on the background of the battle, and remind folks "this was real"

EDIT: The fact that there are many Marines working with the product is heartening.

I'll be waiting for reviews.

I've seen this before but where?

FIRST TO FIGHT, that's where....

Atomic Games

Red Phoenix and Close Combat: First to Fight.

http://www.armchairempire.com/Reviews/PC%2...first-fight.htm

7/10

If they fix it then it might be a contender........

same engine... but on game play .....

FIRST TO FIGHT

RED PHOENIX (CANCELLED PROJECT)

Really cool vids, Viiip. I think that the concept of a docu-game would be awesome to play, even on single player. I remember when I used to play Age of Empires, I had more fun reading the back stories of the great warriors of the world, and even their "campaign" was great, as it had a lot of cool information. Of course, that could be expanded on quite a bit now, and creating a "docu-game" genre might revive the PC market.