Spartans Home

Wings of Prey

PanamanianDevil

I grabbed a Steam copy of Wings of Prey yesterday during the %50 sale (which has already ended) and it's a nightmare tying to get the Logitech 3D Force Pro set up with it as it doesn't natively support the profile. Is anyone else playing this game? It looks good but I can't really play it yet.

I with I knew about IL2 before.

This is not anything to do with IL2, the sequel to that is called Birds of Prey.

Saying that, it is a good game as far as I can tell from the demo. What Multiplayer options are there apart from deathmatch?

Tried plugging in a xbox360 controler? *dl's demo to try that*

how is that game anyways I saw it when it was on sale but I'm kinda on the fence about it. I do have IL-2 but I'm not that great with flying sim, I do like to play them :)

Also for multilayer, matchmaking or is there dedicated servers?

I didn't have rights to start a new topic under "Flight Simulators".

Well complaints that people have are that even though it's a Steam game, the DRM only allows 3 installs. I don't like that myself either. Supposedly there's a way to deactivate an activated code bla bla bla. Who wants to worry about that bullshit? But I already purchased the game so I'll work with it for now.

There's a few joystick profiles that come with the game. Mine's not one of them.

As far as multiplayer modes, I don't know yet. I'm still trying to see if I can get my joystick to work. LOL

Honestly, if I'd know about the DRM and the lack of support for my joystick, I would not have purchased it.

Edited by PanamanianDevil

There's a few joystick profiles that come with the game. Mine's not one of them.

As far as multiplayer modes, I don't know yet. I'm still trying to see if I can get my joystick to work. LOL

Honestly, if I'd know about the DRM and the lack of support for my joystick, I would not have purchased it.

Hi there... and sorry for not being around for a looong time.

I also purchased the game through Steam and I had some difficulties also even though I have an x52 controller which is supported by the game. I had to do a lot of work to get my x52, rudder pedals and TIR4 working with the game but I somehow managed to do it.

First I tried to use the "pre configs" for the joysticks = no go

Next thing was to use the device settings in the options menu where one can apply settings for any controller. So I had to do all the elevator, rudder, aeleron setups through the axis setup screens.

After this I went to the keyboard setup screen and configured all my keyboard commands + all the joystick buttons in the same menu (use the third row on the right hand side for your joysticks buttons).

TIR should be working automatically with the 6DOF support if you have one, but it only works in the cocpit mode.

After all this work I thought that I was ready to fly... no. I had to invert the settings for elevator and elevator trim settings in the device settings screen and after that I was able to fly the planes like the real ones should be flown.

I have been flying only the tutorial missions now (only couple left anymore) and I have enjoyed the game. Yes it´s arcadish compared to IL-2 but the scenery is a lot better than in the 10 year old IL-2.

I flew IL-2 since it was published as a demo (some ten years ago) to April 2009 mainly in full real. I haven´t tried out the online gaming or even the single player campaign in the wings of prey yet but the tutorial missions looked good.

BR,

-KILLE-

• 7 months later...

This game was such a dissapointment :wallbash:

It looks beautiful and handles nicely (bearing in mind that I'm not normally into flight sims, so was playing arcade mode!)

Unfortunately the multiplayer is nigh on unplayable. It uses the yuplay system (never heard of it prior), which has crashed the game every single time I've tried to log in for MP.

It really does hold so much wasted potential :(

• 2 months later...

I picked it up too, sure wish I knew about the DRM, the yuplay, and control problems first.

I finished all the tutorial flights to get a feel for it, and it does play nicely. Then I tried to join the multiplayer session and it just wouldn't connect. Looking for answers online is when I found out about all the problems with yuplay and the game itself, argh. (don't get me started about the torrent client crap)

It would be nice to play online, but as it stands I'll probably be deleting this from my drive.

I've had the game around 4 days now played alot of the campain and a lot of multiplayer, to fully experience the game you need to hook up with some friends and do some coop, or team dogfight. The Multiplayer system is not dedicated you simply can create a game or search for games within the criteria you are looking for.

Aside from all that the game looks amazing and I have crashed once so far while in multiplayer.

• 3 weeks later...