Spartans Home

FRAUD !!

Cyclone

OK, I never realized or knew all the details about the BDA split-up that occured, and I have'nt posted at all about it until now. I thought I'd just sit back until the dust settled, and to be more informed before making any decisions. So I wasn't in a real hurry to severe my ties with Sean McTeague until reading the posts on this forum.

After that I promptly cancelled my PayPal subscription for $5.00/month.

About 5 minutes ago, I received a phone call from my bank asking if I had recently made any online purchases. One on the 3rd of November for $95.99, and one today (5th of November), for 191.98.

All going to an individual named "Sean McTeague", to which I answered "no".

They informed me that they had suspected these transactions to be fraudulant and had blocked them, so no money was charged to my VISA. and that they were issueing me a new one, because he even knew the 3 digit security #.

Just a heads up to all to keep an eye out.

Cyclone

Damn that sucks foru you Cyclone. I am glad your bank found out before they processed the charges. They will now investigate these charges and hopefully take some legal action against him. He tried to steal from a credit card company, not you, so you dont have to worry about it, but "Breeze the Embezzeler" sure should. :)

All my paypal debits result in me receiving an email. Is that not the case for you.

Cheers

zeno

No transaction occured, so no e-mail was sent. The bank caught it before it was completed.

I had my suspicions that he was doing this stuff for profit, but I didn't expect him to outright steal. Any idea what he bought?

No idea Durka, nothing with my money though, other than the $5.00/month for approximately 4-5 months, which I sent through my PayPal subscription.

Cyclone

Actually when I reread this, you are saying he made online purchases with your credit card not that he used paypal. In fact you have been the subject of an attempted ID theft of your credit card, which means he somehow got your credit card details through paypal.

I am just coming to terms with the recent goings on, so I am struggling to accept that he would do this as well. Oh well, he is off my christmas card list.

Thanks for the info

I will change my passwords, maybe we all should.

Sorry if I was a little unclear in my post, I guess I'm not totally clear on it myself.

When VISA phoned they asked if I had made any online purchases on these dates. They said the withdrawels mentioned were attempted by Sean McTeague, from my VISA on these dates using the PayPal account.

Cyclone

Did they say where he tried to spend the money? Was he trying to transfer money into his own Paypal acct.?

Also I would be interested in what your VISA card company is going to do with the information they have collected against Breeze. I hope they prosecute and I would like to know if they will.

this is exactly what happened to me, and in the range of about $800. I got it all back though, and yes it was all world of warcraft stuff around the time I gave my first donation. Cyclone you are lucky these transactions. Were checked. Mine werent and I had 2 go through the ball ache of getting it all back!

Geezas the level Sean will stoop to ....

Anyway go read the BDA christmas thread and have a good o'l laugh insted.

Oh ! .... Don't forget to push your bank hard to have him charged for fraud, Many can give you the sleeze ball's adress and phone if you wish to ring him personaly and tear him a new arse.

I'll stop by your ts to chat with you to understand exactly what went on, its not that you are unclear, but we need to get very clear if we are 1 to protect ourselves - which shouldnt be too hard and 2 take it further if it happens again.

Thanks again

Just so you all know Scorp stopped by to let us know about this. Thanks Scorp.

When you talk to VISA tell them the whole story and ask if they are going to notify law enforcement. Ask them which agency, and then calll the agency to confirm.If not, call the attorney general's office in your state. He tried to steal the money from you.http://www.paypalsucks.com/ has a massive history of the risk you take by using paypal

Everyone who was doing a monthly donation/payment to Breeze had better check their paypal accounts. I did mine as one time donations and have had no transactions outside of the ones I initiated manually. Not saying that way was completely safe but looks like the auto pays are most vulnerable.

Credit card fraud is not investigated in the UK as a matter of routine, it is simply recorded and not investigated. If you are sure of a fraud push really hard to get them to do anything if thats what you want.

Credit card fraud is not investigated in the UK as a matter of routine, it is simply recorded and not investigated. If you are sure of a fraud push really hard to get them to do anything if thats what you want.

yeah custard, far as i know the police won't take a report from an indivdual anymore (or soon), fraud is now investagated by banks fraud teams, then they pass on the information to the police if needed, its all a way to drive down crime stats for the government

i know someone who works for one of these investagetion teams, its a amazing if you eever get ur money back, hes a big dumb arse

haha Athlon64 :lol: Maybe we could get someone to make an enemy character called Breeze...

Custard in the USA fraud is usually prosecuted by the credit card companies who end up having to pay the fraud. As you can imagine, they have the resources to do so unrelentingly.

I think there is a threshold where the amount of money involved automatically sends the case to the FBI