Spartans Home

Sparta is moving to Teamspeak3

Zeno~SPARTA~

Sparta is in the process of upgrading to TS3, there are a number of things to be resolved but the move is afoot. At this time we are in the process of sorting out the admins, moderators and members, once they are dealt with (1 or 2 days), we will go public with the IP address.

We will then run the 2 TS's in parallel for a while but with only an announcement and help channel in TS2

You can download TS3 here

http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

We will keep you posted

Sorry for the inconvenience, we havent abandoned you.

TS3 - downloaded it today and Zeno sorted me out.

Better product, better quality, you will be amazed how different everyone sounds!

Download it now and enjoy!

I agree, I've used TS3 a bit while playing L4D2 with some old clan buddies, and the sound quality is great. I'm glad to see that TS3 is now stable enough to be used as our primary means of communication.

Nice :) I love TS3

Channels can only be accessed by users in x group restrictions, Channel speakers ( when the speaker pushes his/her push to talk, everyone else gets their volume output lowered so you can hear the speaker better, great for team leaders and such)

Channel chat rooms (wich is nice if you want to paste a link) has a mic open / close sound kinda like vent has and if you have a G15 keyboard, the display addon is really nice

Edit: just though of this, you can also open up servers in multiple tabs granted only 1 mic can be active in all of them

Edited by Beta

Channel chat rooms (wich is nice if you want to paste a link) has a mic open / close sound kinda like vent has and if you have a G15 keyboard, the display addon is really nice

Agreed. If you're a G15 owner, definitely make sure to enable the built-in G15 plugin (Settings -> Plugins). Very well done, in my opinion. Even has the admin functions right there so you don't have to tab out of the game to deal with an issue.

- JHunter

TS3 - downloaded it today and Zeno sorted me out.

Better product, better quality, you will be amazed how different everyone sounds!

Download it now and enjoy!

Steve thanks for all your help but you are still not sorted (But because of your help I have found and resolved an issue). I have a few more to resolve. I need to issue you with another token, sorry bud.

Check your pm

We will soon go public with our TS 3when we do if anyone has a problem there is a problem log here

http://www.legionofspartans.com/forums/ind...?showtopic=5774

please use it or send me a pm

The 2 TS servers will run in parallel for a few days with all channels intact, then TS2 will be collapsed to 2 channels, the announcement of the move and a help channel which will be populated by sparta members to help people with the transition

announcements will be made ingame in Arma 2, but feel free to spread the word whatever game you play.

thanks for your patience

Cheers

Z

Zeno,

You guys will most likely have this in hand, but I've just been to Our Website (not the forum) and there are several TS2 notifications dotted around the site including download links for TS2 that need updating to TS3

Also having checked on TSViewer, there are no Server banners etc available for TS3 yet, so alot of our signatures (for those of us who use a TS Banner), will be out of date for a while. I for one will remove mine in the mean time and replace at a later date, just in case new members see it on a post and get mixed up.

Edited by StevenADunn~SPARTA~