Spartans Home

How many for coop missions?

Lightspeed~SPARTA~

I am finally starting to take my mission modding from Ghost Recon and push into Arma2 bcoz its such a damn good game.

I am a lover of coop missions but trying to figure out how many I should build the missions for - 4, 6, 8, 10 more?

What are your feelings folks?

Obviously this is not Dom so I want smaller numbers then that.

Thoughts?

Cheers Lighty

I'd suggest 12, but if you want a more complex method...

Look at the prime playing times for yourself, and correspond those times to the dom server logs and count how many people are online, on average, at those times. 10-15? Whatever it is, add a buffer of a few more players, and that might be the ideal!

I'm also a huge fan of the coop mission selections available for ARMA2. Go you!

Lighty, a good balance is to write for 8 players.

It is easy enough to add selectable mission variables to the main screen so you can change the difficulty, weather, time etc dependant on the amount of people playing.

I'd suggest 12, but if you want a more complex method...

Look at the prime playing times for yourself, and correspond those times to the dom server logs and count how many people are online, on average, at those times. 10-15? Whatever it is, add a buffer of a few more players, and that might be the ideal!

I'm also a huge fan of the coop mission selections available for ARMA2. Go you!

No need - its not that he's trying to balance out how many people are typically online, but how many should be in this coop. A better concept is to think about the side-missions in Dom - typically this is from 3-8 people working together as a small tactical team. Thats a much better focal group.

The most important thing to all that read this is......

YOU MUST FOLLOW THE RULES

This is Co-op, Tac-dom rules are relaxed compared to this so be serious.

Now back on Topic I would like to run some Co-op Lighty.... :) 8-10 works fine and a few more as long as they are purist to Co-op.

The most important thing to all that read this is......

YOU MUST FOLLOW THE RULES

This is Co-op, Tac-dom rules are relaxed compared to this so be serious.

Now back on Topic I would like to run some Co-op Lighty.... :) 8-10 works fine and a few more as long as they are purist to Co-op.

Not sure I follow you Halli - since when did we require less of people on TacDom? Must always follow the rules.

I'm up for participating in these missions so long as I can work it into my schedule. Saturday and Sunday are best. I get home from work around 1930 EST, Mon-Thu, although I have a feeling this is a bit late for most other people.

It has in my experience been a good idea not to plan to much to avoid dissapointment, what we need is a few good missions on the server to pick from and see who is up for it.

At present we really only have one mission on the server (Dai-San's) and we need some more, there doesn't appear to be many about at places like Armaholic.

At present we really only have one mission on the server (Dai-San's) and we need some more, there doesn't appear to be many about at places like Armaholic.

You mean you haven't found that many? I've got dozens of suggestions, but many are addon-dependent. There is a story-series growing from Fleepee's work at ofpec.com. All are based on a vanilla map, too. He's been at those for some time. Although still in beta, most of the quirks are worked out.

Also, most content I've seen by Blackdog1, ]ntruder, Animalmother92, laggy, sharkattack, and Binkowski are fun and playable.

Addon dependent is the thing mate its a bugger getting a dedi server setup the way you want and then adding something just to make one mission run and a lot of the missions I have found are not finished, I would be quite prepared to upload missions made by Spartans that need testing but I'm loath to do it for non Spartans.

The other thing was some addons/mods interfere with one another X-Wind did a huge ammount of work with Arma finding a set of mods to work together and then ACE came out and we went with that.

Addon dependent is the thing mate its a bugger getting a dedi server setup the way you want and then adding something just to make one mission run and a lot of the missions I have found are not finished, I would be quite prepared to upload missions made by Spartans that need testing but I'm loath to do it for non Spartans.

The other thing was some addons/mods interfere with one another X-Wind did a huge ammount of work with Arma finding a set of mods to work together and then ACE came out and we went with that.

If it's any consolation, I convinced Fleepee to register here, but he's been lurking between coding and baby-diaper changing. (hope the UK guys don't mind, 'cause he's a frog, too!). I'll have to pester him to post the next time we communicate about english edits for his next mission.

ok so I think I will script missions for 8 people but up to 12 can join - therefore potentially easier for 12 although its often more players who stuff up a mission then less who focus better - make sense? Trust me 2 years of GR at Alpha Squad, more players more ppl to &%$# it up..lol.

was also thinking i will do respawns for this although i prefer no respawns usually - the catch is, if you die you will have time to grab a coffee, maybe make some toast, etc and think about how you could have played it better next time - i.e. about a 5 to 10 minute respawn wait time.

i did want to script on the island of Namalsk for something fresh - will that be an issue? and i will keep the rest of the addons out.

Lighty.