Spartans Home

Cannot connect to US Dom server

Hunter~SPARTA~

Alright, so as the title suggests, I cannot connect to the US Domination server. I've tried everything I could imagine to attempt to remedy the situation, but nothing seems to be doing the trick.

I've restarted the game, restarted my computer, and deleted the mission file out of my temp files.

So far I've made it to three different "stages" of connecting. First stage being I get stuck at the initial "Wait for host" screen. Second stage is I'm able to get into the server, select my role, download the mission file, but get stuck at the "Receiving data" dialog. Third stage is I get to the first person view from my character, but the role selection screen is still active, and also still stuck at the "Receiving data" dialog.

If that wasn't enough to stump me enough already, I'm able to join the UK Domination server perfectly fine (both running BIGdom N.4).

Any ideas?

- JHunter

When the server has been running at capacity for a few hours without restart, this can happen. It can be selectively flaky.

However I just joined the server.

I am sure if it were restarted it would be fine. There are 14 people on now, if I restart it they will probably call it a night

There is an issue with engineers slots. If you try to log in as eng it just let you hang at receiving screen.

I try to type to you when you was trying to log in , cannot find you on TS

This is caused by AI somehow finding their way into an engineer slot. Once AI find their way into a slot somehow that whole team will become fubar (unplayable) until the mission is restarted. Later on after most regulars had left I restarted the mission and it fixed this glitch, this is not a new glitch and frequently happens (mostly) to Bravo team.

Edited by DeltaSierra~SPARTA~

Yeah, I have seen this before as well. I think its not necessarily the eng slot, as much as they are the first slots people enter and hence have highest chance of showing this. It appears to be a cleanup issue along with revive activities when people disconnect or do not fully connect into the server.

This issue can be fixed without a restart. If an AI occupies an engineering slot, then all you do is login as admin and then go back to entry screen and select the slot the AI occupies. This puts you into that slot and eliminates the AI. As admin you then select the slot you want to play and enter the game as usual.

This issue can be fixed without a restart. If an AI occupies an engineering slot, then all you do is login as admin and then go back to entry screen and select the slot the AI occupies. This puts you into that slot and eliminates the AI. As admin you then select the slot you want to play and enter the game as usual.

It seems as if after you kick the AI out of the slot the entire team becomes unplayable, you can be put into the slot no problem, and it shows that there is no one in that slot, but if you try to join the game in any slot within that team you'll get stuck at receiving data.

Edited by DeltaSierra~SPARTA~