Spartans Home

Audio Question

Skaz~SPARTA~

The answer is Yes and No.

If you want "split" the audio source, having the game audio on speakers and voices from TS on headset, I do not think it could be done. It looks like a Mixer matter and i do not think any card mixer can split the 2 sources.

If u want have audio (voices and game) on speakers and have ure Mic on headset activated, that is pretty simple.

In Windows audio config (Win 7), be sure u select Speakers as Default. U will have sound from speakers and voice from ure headset Mic. To go back, switch back to Headphone Default.

If u have a different OS and u are using proprietary software to set ure sound card, be sure the option "mute speakers when headset detected" is not active and u should have sound from speakers also if ure headset is connected, allowing u to use the mic but listening from ure speakers.

I hope this helped. Configs on OS before 7 can be more tricky, but it can be absolutely done.

And another answer is yes...sort of...if you have a spare computer.

I tried this set-up for awhile, and I didn't care for it much, but it worked. I had games running on my gaming rig, and TS running on a laptop. A device similar to a Y-adapter--but with separate knobs for volume control of each input--was used to combine the two speaker signals from each computer, while the mic jack went to the laptop.

I have a question, is it possible to make arma sounds/noises go on my speakers and ts on a headset?

Should be easy to do... ARMA will use your default audio (lets say that is your speakers) and TS can be set to a specific device.

Set TS to your headphones.

Settings/Options/Input Device and Output Device.

Edited by Morgan