Spartans Home

Opfor AO REALLY close to main base

1VB_SARmedic

This came up last night. One of the opfor bases was so close to the base that they initiated a mortar strike on us, taking out seven of us at the spawn area. Should this be allowed? It seems like the old "base camping" type of thing in other games, really unfair.

There were a few of us that talked about it and wanted to say something. Looks like I get the honor...

This was in the Big Dom version N last night.

Thanks,

SAR

Wait, I didn't read this right. Opfor doesn't have mortars or D30's with targetting, it would be blind luck (blind cuz no AOs are in LOS of the base on purpose). Blufor does however have targetting systems. . So if you guys deployed a mortar in the AO that opfor humans could get to then that's not a bug or exploit, just bad news. Need to be more careful with your assets. I'll refer you to the tactical night when Durka and I got ahold of the Cobra and an M1A1.

However, if the opfor commander was able to do an artillery strike, I'll make sure that's not possible.

Wait, I didn't read this right. Opfor doesn't have mortars or D30's with targetting, it would be blind luck (blind cuz no AOs are in LOS of the base on purpose). Blufor does however have targetting systems. . So if you guys deployed a mortar in the AO that opfor humans could get to then that's not a bug or exploit, just bad news. Need to be more careful with your assets. I'll refer you to the tactical night when Durka and I got ahold of the Cobra and an M1A1.

However, if the opfor commander was able to do an artillery strike, I'll make sure that's not possible.

well, how to say that to not hurt opfor. Yes opfor have ability to target arty (i dont think it work for mortar). Somehow it works for opfor commander and on some guns only. Does not work for opfor sniper

Btw Kal, you have to move your secret base

This came up last night. One of the opfor bases was so close to the base that they initiated a mortar strike on us, taking out seven of us at the spawn area. Should this be allowed? It seems like the old "base camping" type of thing in other games, really unfair.

There were a few of us that talked about it and wanted to say something. Looks like I get the honor...

This was in the Big Dom version N last night.

Thanks,

SAR

Why not? Blue can shell whole AO, spawn kill opfor, kill opfor when dead and double or tripple death penalty, why opfor cannot do same to blue?

that make you move faster , just don't camp at base

well, how to say that to not hurt opfor. Yes opfor have ability to target arty (i dont think it work for mortar). Somehow it works for opfor commander and on some guns only. Does not work for opfor sniper

Btw Kal, you have to move your secret base

take a screenshot cuz it's same code for all East units and I'm skeptical. It will be fixed so that opfor cannot target. We never wanted opfor players to be able to interact with the blue base. This isn't TvT.

Why not? Blue can shell whole AO, spawn kill opfor, kill opfor when dead and double or tripple death penalty, why opfor cannot do same to blue?

that make you move faster , just don't camp at base

This is why I played as opfor only once. It's no fun getting thoroughly spanked. <_< But if some people like it, more power to them :D

This is why I played as opfor only once. It's no fun getting thoroughly spanked. <_ but if some people like it more power to them src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_biggrin.png" alt=":D">

When vastly outnumbered, it's not so much if you're going to die, but how many of the enemy you can take down with you.

I personally love trying to hold back squads of 5-6 men by myself. I've also succeeded on more than on occasion.

When Opfor was first introduced, it was interesting to see how most of you guys still played like it was vs. the AI at the beginning. I.E. five guys lined up on a hill firing AT out in the open. That attitude changed drastically when one guy after another fell to a human sniper now, didn't it? Hopefully ya'll play a bit smarter now (I haven't played ArmA in a while so I don't know if you do).

Yep Shoot and move has always been my Tactic if possible.

Screen shot with Print screen will work but I paste to paint when I use it.

That doesn't work for me (the screenshot it takes is of a black screen), but if you have FRAPs you can take screenshots with that.