Spartans Home

Ghost Recon Future Soldier announced

Yep, punishing the honest player while doing hardly nothing to those who pirate these titles. Not much more to say from me...

That's the American way Durka. Look at the firearms control schemes these jokers come up with. Dont do anything about the real problem and try to put a band-aid on a symptom.

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BLAH-BLAH-BLAH-BLAH I hate it and havent even played it yet, say the nea sayers

Dog face and i will be on the co-op missions.

Comming out for PC 6/12 For little jimmy and his Xbox out now

Specs on the game

Product Details:

There is nothing fair, honorable, or just about combat. There is only winning and losing - the dead and the living. The Ghosts don't worry about even odds. They do everything in their power to overwhelm and obliterate the enemy. Future technology is the key to winning an asymmetrical battle. In Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier join an elite team of highly trained, cutthroat special-ops soldiers. Armed to the teeth with unrivalled combat technology and cutting-edge military hardware, Ghost Recon® takes you to the globe's most deadly warzones to hunt down the highest value targets. When you're outnumbered...Only the dead fight fair.

Modes

• Single-Player Campaign: An all-new, epic Ghost Recon experience
    • 12 missions
    • Eight spectacular locales - Fight across diverse terrains from the dust of Africa, the suburbs of Moscow, to the icy territory of the Arctic.

[*]Co-op Campaign: Team up with friends to take down the enemy

• Play through the 12 campaign missions cooperatively online with up to three friends.
    • Perform highly coordinated takedowns and devastating large-scale strikes utilizing multiple viewpoints. Your "5th man" UAV drone can draw fire and target enemies.
    • Lock onto enemy positions from the air or from the ground. Deploy sonic blasts to incapacitate your targets.
    • Unleash the firepower of mounted weapons systems from jeeps to helicopters, and eliminate enemies with your shooting skill.

[*]Guerrilla Mode: Dominate hundreds in this brand-new combat mode

• You and your fellow Ghosts will face waves of enemies and utilize real-life techniques inspired by US Army counterinsurgency experts.
    • Enter, capture, and secure a designated area, then prepare for up to 50 waves of enemies with increasing difficulty.
    • Compete against friends in online leaderboards.
    • Play with up to three friends online, or play on the same console and TV with the two players split screen mode.

[*]Multiplayer Mode: Up to 12 players in 6 vs. 6 matches for a fast-paced, intense online experience

• Select from three classes (Rifleman, Engineer, and Scout) and unlock new gear to battle online across 10 maps.
    • Gain experience and levels and make decisive choices to customize and develop your character.
    • Gather intel on your enemies' positions and share it with your teammates.
    • Use the new suppression system to pin your enemies down while your teammates flank them.
    • Four game modes focused on objectives and cooperation, including new exclusives and Ghost Recon's classic Siege.
    • Created by Red Storm, the studio behind the critically acclaimed Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter® multiplayer modes.

[*]Gunsmith Mode: With over 20 million weapons at your disposal you'll have the perfect weapon for any combat situation

• Customize your weapon with Gunsmith mode to gain the unfair advantage on your enemies.
    • Choose from dozens of attachments and components.
    • Replace triggers, barrels, stocks, and much more to trick out your weapon and make it your own.
    • Test your weapon in the firing range before taking it into battle for ultimate accuracy and performance.
    • Compatible with Single-Player, Multiplayer and Co-Op modes.

Specifications:

Minimum

Connectivity64 Kbps or faster broadband connection for Multiplayer and onetime activation at first launchHard Drive Space25 GB Available Hard Drive SpaceOperating SystemWindows® XP SP3 / Vista SP2 / 7 SP1Processor3.0 GHz Intel® Pentium® D or 2.2 GHz AMD Athlon X2 4400+ ProcessorRAM1 GB Available System Memory XP; 2 GB Vista / 7Video Card512 MB DirectX® 9.0c-compatible Video Card w/ Shader Model 4.0 or higher (see supported list*) - *Supported Video Cards at Time of Release: ATI Radeon HD 5850 or better; NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 460 or better <A name=media>ign_provided_by.jpg

Important Information:

HIGH SPEED INTERNET ACCESS AND A VALID UPLAY ACCOUNT ARE REQUIRED TO ACTIVATE THE GAME AFTER INSTALLATION, TO ACCESS ONLINE FEATURES, TO PLAY ONLINE OR TO UNLOCK EXCLUSIVE CONTENT. SUCH CONTENT MAY ONLY BE UNLOCKED ONE SINGLE TIME WITH A UNIQUE KEY. YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 13 TO CREATE A UPLAY ACCOUNT WITHOUT PARENTAL CONSENT. UBISOFT MAY CANCEL ACCESS TO ONE OR MORE SPECIFIC ONLINE FEATURES UPON A 30-DAY PRIOR NOTICE PUBLISHED AT http://ghostrecon.com/.

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

• 1 month later...

Well, I went and purchased it on Steam.

Game has MAJOR problems even after the one month "extra work."

Can't have any extra peripherals plugged in, like your joysticks or G13 keypad or Saitek Cyborg Pad or anything like that. Lots of mice aren't working either. It sees the software for the stuff and automatically thinks you have an xbox controller plugged in, so the game will then only work with xbox controller - you lose the mouse input for movement. Some people lose all mouse input except mouse scroll.

So I am now playing the game with my standard keyboard and a mouse - which I can say is really annoying. Can already feel the mouse-arm symptoms coming back, and I've only been able to play the game a couple of days.

Why they even put xbox controller support in a PC game to start with is beyond me.

Needless to say, if they can't add support for the most popular gaming peripherals on the market very, very soon, I'll be posting a support ticket to Steam for a full refund - I don't care that I've used my unique CD-key, I'm getting my money back if this game doesn't get better.

Apart from the above, I'm actually having a bit of fun in the campaign mode. It's a little linear, but most games are these days - PC or not. Story is still quite "Tom Clancy" and you get to sneak around a fair bit.

Haven't tried multiplayer yet, but that doesn't look promising with only 6v6 and the run and gun attitude that seems to go into most game development these days. I guess I'll see soon...

I think we have about three people who have actually bought it. The rest have either done their research or heard us whining. :rolleyes:

I tried out some multiplayer today and sure, if you play seige it can be kind of tactical. I'm sure if you get on the right server you can play tactical on most gamemodes. But as far as I could tell, there's no support for proper dedi's anyway.

I could either host a game on my computer, or join a random match à la console multiplayer. Maps seem to be very small according to Ghost Recon standards. Think COD.

They've even put a gamemode in their (called guerilla) that reminds me a lot of a gamemode from COD, where you have to survive numerous waves of enemies with increasing difficulty...

I would say this game is going straight to the junk pile.

EDIT: Spelling - damn phone

Edited by Shinobi_EBDA

I can't even get it at my local store, (Game stop) have to drive 20 miles one way to get it (wine) LOL. So looks like it will be a wile before i get it. And i don't do the steam thing. From the sounds of it, its not that great. Oh well waite for something else to come out. Sure is a dissappointment. Had my hopes up. Its kind of a EA games dissapoinment thing.

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

Yeah.

It's a shame ground branch doesn't look like it will happen now that the kickstarter is over. :sad:

There's still 28hrs to go till it's over mate and tbh don't discount it yet.

Takedown was only at about 10% right up till the last hour then like an Ebay auction it went mad in the last 10mins.

IMO it's dead. If it has only got 1700 pledges then it has no future and will die like all the other teams that tried to develop a game or a complex mod but couldn't get support (and there have been hundreds of those).

Edited by Lightspeed~SPARTA~

• 2 months later...

It's you and me Gunny. What's your time like today, Sunday Sept 23? I'm flexible to play all day, home just working on the house. Whatever time you say, don't forget your timezone. I'm -2:30utc

Sweet... sun, monday , tuesday . open for me.

I wouldn't mind trying some coop either. I didn't get very far on the game before I was sick of not being able to use my G13 Keypad. But now that's fixed, so I might get back into it.

There's definitely room with the 4-man coop. Still need Gysgt to respond. (slacker)