Spartans Home

Ghost Recon Future Soldier announced

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I'm gonna break this video down.

1. The U.S. Army doesn't endorse this product, for obvious reasons, although in some 3rd world nations it may be beneficial to show them a Kevlar helmet can block an RPG.

2. We know it's getting off to a bad start when a quote comes up from a French guy, who's name is "Jean Louis The Gay"

3. Next thing we know, we're being baraged with images of puzzle pieces, a Blackhawk, and a schematic of that chainsaw shotgun weapon from Duke Nukem.

4. Next we see Soviet propaganda, mixed in with maps of Moscow and Poland, mixed in with headshots of some gopher with an Indian dude underneath named Malik Achmed.

5. It continues, in a very Bourne-esque style. Then the scene cuts to a montage of Afghanistan, that chainsaw/shotgun thing, and we're led to believe it can snipe from one mountain range to the next, as they are showing it in action via fancy graphics of a valley area. I'm reading the "targeting sequence iniatiated" thinking of how it would sound, and all I can come up with is the lame "CROSS COM ACTIVATED!" scene that killed the GRAW2's prevew.

6. Then we move on to another series of photos/videos from Iraq and Saudi Arabian oil fields. Nothing too exciting here, except for the schematic of a tank, and the time beig 00:00:0215. Is that supposed to be 0215sec after midnight? Are future warriors now going to be entering "killing badguys" as an Olympic sport soon? Is that their final time, or just a splt?

7 Ok, so now it gets interesting. We now see a big honkin' map of Norway, along with pics of an aircraft carrier as well as a bombed-out building.

8. We then cut to the finale, some warped images of what look to be a Star Wars thermal detonator on the sand, then 3 lights that materialize into Hobbits with chainsaw machine guns. Actually, it looks more like the bad guys in LOTR got ahold of the invisible blankets.

And this makes me think for a second. If this is the so-called future warrior, with invisible blankets and such, and they plan on using them on he battlefield, why the hell do we see big spotlights on their foreheads? Wouldn't that just negate the millions upon millions of dollars spent on developing an invisible blanket?

Ok, I'm gonna break this video down.

1. The U.S. Army doesn't endorse this product, for obvious reasons, although in some 3rd world nations it may be beneficial to show them a Kevlar helmet can block an RPG.

2. We know it's getting off to a bad start when a quote comes up from a French guy, who's name is "Jean Louis The Gay"

3. Next thing we know, we're being baraged with images of puzzle pieces, a Blackhawk, and a schematic of that chainsaw shotgun weapon from Duke Nukem.

4. Next we see Soviet propaganda, mixed in with maps of Moscow and Poland, mixed in with headshots of some gopher with an Indian dude underneath named Malik Achmed.

5. It continues, in a very Bourne-esque style. Then the scene cuts to a montage of Afghanistan, that chainsaw/shotgun thing, and we're led to believe it can snipe from one mountain range to the next, as they are showing it in action via fancy graphics of a valley area. I'm reading the "targeting sequence iniatiated" thinking of how it would sound, and all I can come up with is the lame "CROSS COM ACTIVATED!" scene that killed the GRAW2's prevew.

6. Then we move on to another series of photos/videos from Iraq and Saudi Arabian oil fields. Nothing too exciting here, except for the schematic of a tank, and the time beig 00:00:0215. Is that supposed to be 0215sec after midnight? Are future warriors now going to be entering "killing badguys" as an Olympic sport soon? Is that their final time, or just a splt?

7 Ok, so now it gets interesting. We now see a big honkin' map of Norway, along with pics of an aircraft carrier as well as a bombed-out building.

8. We then cut to the finale, some warped images of what look to be a Star Wars thermal detonator on the sand, then 3 lights that materialize into Hobbits with chainsaw machine guns. Actually, it looks more like the bad guys in LOTR got ahold of the invisible blankets.

And this makes me think for a second. If this is the so-called future warrior, with invisible blankets and such, and they plan on using them on he battlefield, why the hell do we see big spotlights on their foreheads? Wouldn't that just negate the millions upon millions of dollars spent on developing an invisible blanket?

All that and you didn't even mention it being gay. Wait yes you did

Seriously, if this spastic, ADHD, Robin Williams on Meth, nonsensical trailer (trash) video is the best that they could slap together on a multi-billion dollar budget over there at Ubi$oft, the game well... use your imagination. Oh and what the fuck do the French know about war anyways?

I am still buying it though. ;) I have to see for myself how bad it is.

All that and you didn't even mention it being gay. Wait yes you did

Seriously, if this spastic, ADHD, Robin Williams on Meth (Shhh he may be an ArmA 2 player with us) , nonsensical trailer (trash) video is the best that they could slap together on a multi-billion dollar budget over there at Ubi$oft, the game well... use your imagination. Oh and what the fuck do the French know about war anyways? (They saved our ass during the American Revolution)

I am still buying it though. ;) I have to see for myself how bad it is.

Oh I'll get it cause it's Gr4 but that is if it comes out for PC.

hmm the bashing has begun....

I dunno maybe I'm optimistic, maybe I miss GR so much and haven't found THE game to play yet.

MW2 is screwed, Arma is too massive, takes a whole night to play (not suiteable for 1-2 hours you have to get into it and if you join halfway a mission no-one gives you strategic info on the battle)

COD4 is boring, I need good big new maps, and some people online for C. sake

What else? BF BC2? dunno I don't like using vehicles, or planes in an arcady way, I like foot soldiering

Medal of Honour? dunno ultra thin SP was fun at the time as a pirated game, I wouldn't buy such a product....

Ground Branch, well if we all; and I mean we all dump a 1000 bucks we might get it from the ground, I would seriously hope to win the lottery I'd buy Blackfoot studios immediately...(lol intended)

Ghost Recon 4, GRIN is dead, gone, people found a job and are splintered all over, I liked the GRIN guys they didn't screw up but were forced to by UBI so I don't trust UBI but hey its GR, at least I will be looking forward to a beta if not a demo to see if maybe someday I can get my good ol game back and get in trouble with my family...

Ah well thats not a good thing to start with but hey I need a gameeeee. At the mo I've sunk to playing CIV4 again, and re-installed Transport Tycoon (still a pretty darn good and simple game) I could only wish Tom Clancy would be like Sid Meyer and pump out good game after good game....

OMG just watched the trailer (was that a trailer.... dunno just some shots that didn't eman a thing, not even get me hungry or what) but hey those last words amde me sick.....

"Exclusive MP Beta invitation comes with Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction" see that word "Exclusive"

that means not participating for me as I never liked the othe Tom Clancy games rainbow six, vegas or any other.... (didn't even finish the demo)

Edited by Forrester

I'm not so optimistic about F.S., why? because of Ubisoft and what they do to core Tactical FPS, second support, it's all about the money.... for ubisoft.

That being said, I do hope they get something right but as HAWX shows, they have a good habit of turning everything into a semi ARCADE version of what is expected.

I will accept a console port abortion but no dedi server support and I won't get a copy, it's Ubisoft last chance for me after what they did to the MP in Farcry2,

possibly good news, unless ubi force them to make a console game like they did to grin. i dont know why they cant make the games different, anyone who wants the colourful arcade version will have an xbox and everyone else wants a proper shooter for their pc :)

I think we can hold out some hope in the idea that the game will be tamable with server settings. I never really dismiss a game until we see reviews that says the game is a lost cause.

With RSE being involved, we atleast have some hope that some features of the game won't be horrendous. That possibility means that I will still consider the game when it comes out, but it is nowhere near the "instapurchase" status it would have been.

the epic fail we will see though which will ruin any chance of this being a GR sequel is in the 4 player only coop mode. i just can't see them building any more slots into the game when they are focusing on console.

perhaps they wont hardcode it though so someone can tweak it to increase number of slots.

• 2 weeks later...

As if we needed one more reason to NOT buy this game...

All current and future Ubisoft releases will now require a constant Internet connection as part of a new DRM scheme. Details here:

http://pc.ign.com/articles/107/1070151p1.html

I honestly don't mind most DRM schemes--I have no problem playing with a disc in my optical drive--but this one goes too far. I will not be purchasing ANY Ubisoft titles or other games that use this scheme.

As if we needed one more reason to NOT buy this game...

All current and future Ubisoft releases will now require a constant Internet connection as part of a new DRM scheme. Details here:

http://pc.ign.com/articles/107/1070151p1.html

I honestly don't mind most DRM schemes--I have no problem playing with a disc in my optical drive--but this one goes too far. I will not be purchasing ANY Ubisoft titles or other games that use this scheme.

Well since single player and coop have been dead for quite some time now, it is only time before PC mulitplayer go the same route. This is the precursor to the end.