Spartans Home

Ghost Recon Future Soldier announced

LONDON - February 9, 2010 - Today Ubisoft announced that Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier is in development at Ubisoft's Paris studio and is scheduled to be released worldwide Holiday 2010.

Created by the award-winning team behind Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2, the game will feature cutting-edge technology, prototype high-tech weaponry, and state-of-the-art single-player and multiplayer modes. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier will go beyond the core Ghost Recon franchise and deliver a fresh gameplay experience, with an unparalleled level of quality that will excite long-time fans and newcomers alike.

Ubisoft is offering gamers a chance to be the first to play Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier's Multiplayer Beta this summer 2010. This exclusive beta invitation will be available for a limited time to customers who purchase Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, which releases on 16 April 2010.

tehre comes the long wait again..... <_<

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I enjoyed GRAW 1 & 2, mostly in single, MP never got my compliments. However, improving that MP iis not that difficolt, considering it sucks big time, cannot be worst than that.

Hi quality graphic is a standard nowaday, so I partially disagree wiith Zeno. Better say that I agree so far we saw great graphic and poor MP, but now with this technology is no more a matter of prioritizing something better than something else.

Today if is not great graphic, it just sucks. Software houses have no excuses to produce something with less than excellent graphic, because the technology is there and they have to use iit.

Creating a greatt MP experience is different, that depends only on how good are programmers and writers when it come to integrate something into the engine. Of course is also matter of Marketing.

If Ubisoft woke up in the morning and decided to create the Anti CoD MW2, we are all screwd, because that will be a FPS run and kill like all the rest. If they think it will briing more money in their pockets because ppl just like run and kill, it is what it is...

GRAW never been like that tho, so i really hope they will not screwd a nice "icon" has been created linked to that name.

They should not really reiinvent the wheel. In my opinion to be nice should have:

1) AI - I mean, AI... did I mentioned AI ?

2) Random spawning AI, with no scripted beahhaviours and paths... did I mentioned AI before?

3) Teamplay User interface, to be able to communicate with the others, create teams and all the good stuff existing in ANY other game created to be played in MP

4) ability to use at least Landed vehicles

5) good anti-cheat protection

6) BIG MAPS

Honestly, if they don t touch the old graphic and give me at least these points, i would be an happy camper in GRAW

Edited by Batwing

Regardless of wether this becomes a staple at LOSC and regardless if this is a good game or not, I will be purchasing it. I hate Obama$oft and I hate what they have done to the franchise, but if it has 'Ghost Recon' in the title, I have to have it. Call me dumb, call me crazy, that's just how it is.

Regardless of wether this becomes a staple at LOSC and regardless if this is a good game or not, I will be purchasing it. I hate Obama$oft and I hate what they have done to the franchise, but if it has 'Ghost Recon' in the title, I have to have it. Call me dumb, call me crazy, that's just how it is.

Same here, it was original Ghost recon that got me into gaming (stil reckon it's one of the best MP games ever) and I bought GRAW1 & 2 as a result. SP was fun and MP was bearable.

I'd be happy with Arma quality graphics and original OGR gameplay, updated on a new slicker engine. Would honestly prefer no vehicles too, keep to hoofing it around. :)

Well, first and last mistake for me was this line.

Created by the award-winning team behind Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2

So they intend to use the same people that screwed GR up in the first place, sounds like a case of "The franchise is still twitchin man, go back and kill it properly".

Well, first and last mistake for me was this line.

So they intend to use the same people that screwed GR up in the first place, sounds like a case of "The franchise is still twitchin man, go back and kill it properly".

Yeah but GRIN created GRAW and GRAW2, so they are now UbiSoft Paris??? Weird.

This is not such bad news, any run & gun can be tamed with the correct server cfg, and great admins. Fingers crossed for dedi servers and ability to set up the game how everyone wants to play

You gotta point. Last I remember, people were excited in the GRnet forums because they thought they were being listened to. Let's hope whoever is making it took good notes.

This is not such bad news, any run & gun can be tamed with the correct server cfg, and great admins. Fingers crossed for dedi servers and ability to set up the game how everyone wants to play

But the whole point is, this is Ghost Recon, it shouldn't need to be 'Tamed' and c'mon, this is UBI we're talking about, giving you the ability to tailor and set up a server how YOU want?

Don't mean to sound negative but after being heavily involved in the beta testing for GRAW and being lied to at every turn, I have no faith in UBI and the GR franchise.

Cloaking?

You have to be kidding me.

I don't wanna start too much of a flame post, or sound too negative, but reading the comments in youtube, I can't believe people are still holding on to the belief that "Ghost Recon" is the same as OGR. And, to add insult to injury, people are starting to say "Man, I hope they don't screw this up, cause the first two Ghost Recons were DOPE!"

User posted image