Spartans Home

No Shooter for Old Men

Fatal_Papercut~SPARTA~

It's why I focus on Arma2 now, I've had enough off run & gun, high kill rates. I want to feel like I've achieved something, stayed alive and contributed to the team.

The teenies can have their MW2, MAG and whatever, I'll stick with what i like.

cool article I never really thought about it that hard before but it makes good points. I guess im getting old and slow ;). I've been waiting for a game like arma ever since socom us navy seals 1 came out for ps2. In the early days of socom multi player was more of a team based thing and thats what i loved about it, then i turned into shit kill kill kill thank GOD for ArmA!

The subject of that whole article is what we've been trying to do here for years.

Yar! I'll be 28 in 9 days and I feel like I can't even play Super Mario Bros. on my Wii some days. I mean back in the day, I conquered those games and had the high score for the entire block, and now all I can show for it is arthritis.

Damn these kids and their new fandangled video games.

When I was a kid, I was always getting my ass kicked by my dad when we boxed. It was because he thought more than I did, and could use my flailing about to his advantage. Is this the new generation of that? Instead of boxing, wrestling or whatever, will my kids tell their grandkids "You know, my old man....he was l33t"

Bollocks...

I can shoot the shit just fine anytime

:pilot:

...just can't hit anything

Yar! I'll be 28 in 9 days and I feel like I can't even play Super Mario Bros. on my Wii some days. I mean back in the day, I conquered those games and had the high score for the entire block, and now all I can show for it is arthritis.

Damn these kids and their new fandangled video games.

well medic in your defense you have done some of this for real.

When I was a kid, I was always getting my ass kicked by my dad when we boxed. It was because he thought more than I did, and could use my flailing about to his advantage. Is this the new generation of that? Instead of boxing, wrestling or whatever, will my kids tell their grandkids "You know, my old man....he was l33t"

LOL...your grandkids will tell their friends that Grandpa Durka used to play video games by drawing pictures on cave walls and making "Pew! Pew!" sounds.

The PGA has a Seniors League where guys like Jack Nicklaus and Lee Trevino are still kicking it. Maybe MLG could open a Seniors League for those of us over 25?

Seriously, though, while I can hold my own on most public servers for games like CS:S and TF2, it's the trash-mouth mentality of the less-mature individuals that becomes tiring, and age isn't always a constant when it comes to maturity. I've known rather young players that conduct themselves quite sportingly, while some 35-year-old guys throw temper tantrums whenever they get gibbed.

LOL...your grandkids will tell their friends that Grandpa Durka used to play video games by drawing pictures on cave walls and making "Pew! Pew!" sounds.

"When I was YOUR age, all we had to fight with was a laser mouse and a quad-core! Our version of a network was sticking a tin can on the back of my computer and running wire to my friends' houses!"