Spartans Home

Rob Furlong 1.5 mile confirmed kill shot

Zeno~SPARTA~

Great video, the physics involved in making that kind of a shot are mind boggling.

I found another video where a former SEAL sniper tries to recreate the shot, and it explains all the variables.

Thanks again for that video, it's quite impressive. (I also learned a bit from them.)

SAR

strange that snipers normally aren't thought of to go to college but yet they need to in order to pull this off.

Many think that folks in the Military are a bunch of poor braindead dummies, but you'd be surprised. Soldiers are the only ones I know who can get into an intellectual conversation about women's underwear that would rival a college professor's dissertation on the matter. :lol:

Many think that folks in the Military are a bunch of poor braindead dummies, but you'd be surprised. Soldiers are the only ones I know who can get into an intellectual conversation about women's underwear that would rival a college professor's dissertation on the matter. :lol:

Durka - thats kinda sad. I would of hoped the conversation would of been about getting INTO women's underwear. Guess that Don't Ask Don't Tell might have some leaks.

I have made a Shot with a .50 round but it was 150 yards into a Coyote with a 75 grain Black powder gun....... round ball :rolleyes: .

Yeah No doubt he is a a hell of a Sniper as just the shakeiness that far could send the round 30 yards off.

Like Deer hunting he exhales before the shot.

strange that snipers normally aren't thought of to go to college but yet they need to in order to pull this off.

Says who? As an over-degreed person (BA, MMS, MS) myself, I view the specialized roles in the military, especially the ones where they send of one or a few guys to play sneaky-with-the-lead, as some of the smartest buggers out there. The pitch is that they have to handle all the stuff (at a smaller scale) to pull off a mission that otherwise has a much larger support group on the ground. Bravo to them; I couldn't do it.

Na, you don't have to collage smart to shoot, thats for certian. You have to be talented, skilled, like a exabition shooter. You have heard the old saying= smart with out common sence. Tell you how to build a rocket to the moon, but walk out in front of a moving car. The Marines like-em with no brains and just a good loud voice.

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

Well here's why we don't usually associate grunts with higher education. It's because those that have at leat a bachelor's degree, usually go to OCS and not Basic Training. (at least in the Army)

Those that have college tend to get pushed by recruiters into officer billets and not waste their education being a grunt.

Here's where the good side comes in, through correspondence courses, GI Bill, and any other means to pay for college, a lot of enlisted end up going to college and getting their degrees while they are in the service. A degree can add up to promotion points and being a favorable quality when it comes time for promotion. Also, enlisted that have either sevred for a while or have obtained their degree can do whats called going from 'green to gold' which is actually switching from enlisted to officer by going to an OCS transition style course and then they will be some level of officer, usually a Lt. but higher depending on the level of degree (BS, MS, PhD etc.) and then based on what the billet calls for.

Grunts are not dumb, but some I served with who had degrees tended to over think situations which normally either gets people in trouble or killed. They forget how simply complex war truly is.