Spartans Home

Sparta Campaign Chapter 1 - The battle for Utes

Kavlarakos~SPARTA~

We (Zeno and I) are proud to present chapter 1 of a mission campaign - Battle for Utes. This mission is now running on the Tac server and we need up to 20 players, though its doable with with around 10. Chapters 2 and 3 are in production. Further developments of this story line will depend on the reception of these initial pilot missions. We will determine the most convenient day and time and announce it shortly

Background

Chernarus and its dependency Utes have been overrun by their northern neighbour Vilnarus. The ports of Chernarus and its gas pipeline are of strategic importance to Nato. Given the long term importance of the pipeline (supply gas for the next 20 years) and the poor diplomatic relations Nato has had with Vilnarus, Chernarus must be liberated.

The allies are under severe budgetary constraints and we have other global obligations, so we are obliged to attack with limited resources. To overcome this we must use superior tactics.

Utes

The general staff has determined that a beach assault to the west offers the best chance of success. We will soften the enemy defences with naval and arial bombardment. RHIBS will then approach the coastline, once ashore the commander shall establish a forward base. Ammunition, medical facilities and some transportation will be available.

The order of attack is down to the commander. But the principal targets are:

Tasks

1 Northern camp,

2 Kamenyy,

3 Vehicle service camp ,

4 Anti Air Radar,

5 airport and the SU34 fighers,

6 Artillery Radar,

7 Strelka,

Intel

100+ regular infantry

Reports of spetsnaz units

Snipers

Armour (BMP's, Vodniks and some T72s)

Air (some hinds, SU are not prepped for combat operations and should not be a threat).

Potential for para reinforcements and some land reinforcements from the east of the island.

Artillery - There are some artillery batteries on the island

Notes

Once ashore commanders can call on one naval and one arial bombardment each.

Use the Humvees to carry extra weapons and ammo, keep them safe.

Enemy encampments contain ammo dumps, contrary to our normal SOP use of enemy weaponry is authourised.

We hope you will enjoy our first mission and would appreciate any feedback.

Best regards

Zeno and Kav

Great work guys! I know how much time and frustration that map editing can bring but I'm sure it will pay off big. Having seen bits of this map during production I have enjoyed it and it definately lends itself to a solid 3 hour tactical activity especially on Veteran mode. Looking forward to a planned assault with the boys and future updates to the map and its next chapters.

I thought this was dead in the water from that forum thread last year..

Yar!

I'll try to be there, I've been wanting and wishing to work through coop missions with SPARTA for months now.

But...how'd you get hummers on shore with RHIBs?

I thought this was dead in the water from that forum thread last year..

Yar!

I'll try to be there, I've been wanting and wishing to work through coop missions with SPARTA for months now.

But...how'd you get hummers on shore with RHIBs?

We fractionized them on the carrier and with Stang on board we rebuilded them at the shore. :D

I'll rebuild it but it won't run/fly as I always have too many parts left over :lol:

We fractionized them on the carrier and with Stang on board we rebuilded them at the shore. :D

The tires make the vehicle float, so they just tow them in with 2" fast ropes. It also gives up another M2 position for the assault.

Yes, really.

It's a little known fact that the M1113 HMMWV, with modifications to the air intake, is designed to float via specially placed "float tanks" in the undercarriage, as well as a special way of inflating the tires. You won't find it in any book or manual, as the information is purposfully misleading, same as the top speed. B)