Spartans Home

Opfor BigDom Ver N

KalXen~SPARTA~

Opfor are not spawning in apparently so I switched back to M

Indeed. I was the OPFOR officer when Zeno loaded up version N. Everything else in the AO loaded fine (secondary objective, all three camps, and the ammo box), however none of the AI units spawned in. Not only in the AO, but anywhere at all on the map.

Right before I left the server, Troy was saying that he was having an issue spawning as a member of Bravo team of BLUFOR. Can't elaborate any further on that, may have just been an Arma glitch and nothing to do with Version N.

- JHunter

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to bring this up Kal but I've had probs calling in Drops as a team leader since the weekend.

I ask for drop and I get NO message about transport either way, its somehow related to personal waypoints. When I ask for drop on minmap screen it puts in marker as usual but when pressing button I get no message as stated after this and when in normal map screen I try to place a personal waypoint I get a circle (500M Radius) and a blue marker as per drop menu.

If this makes no sense I will try to explain on TS bud.

I suspect that the issue going on with the calldrop is three-fold:

1) The C130 flies quick and is not agile. The script was set so that it would try to fly at 150 off the ground. In some areas, I suspect it would crash into mountains if it couldn't pull up. Each time it dies, the orders are thrown out.

2) EAST has been shooting down the C130.

3) There are multiple people fighting to call drops, and it uses the same code for everyone. there is a race condition here where it is possible for 3 people to be looking at the "call drop" map and try to get the same plane to show up in 3 different places.

Fixes:

1) I set the flight to be at 400 instead of 150.

2) I set the C130 to be "setCaptive" so EAST won't shoot at it.

3) I put in a new check for the race condition. Whomever hits the submit button first wins.

Other Issues Found/Fixed:

4) The Call Drop marker would not always disappear so EAST could see it.

5) Upgrading the ammo request code to actually use the Load/Drop ammobox code like the MHQ can do. This allows the ammobox that drops to be seen by JIP players and to be loaded up when mission is over.

6) Since I removed the M119, this caused a gap in the code. Adding an MTVR that can load/drop ammoboxes to the calldrop options now.

7) After testing the code 25 billion times, the Mando Chute is ungodly slow to drop a Humvee from 400 height. So I sped the falling parachute up a little bit.

Hey Kal,

In the next version, would it be possible to give the OPFOR either some kind of spawn protection or just having more logical spawn points?

Issue I was having was that after the town was already pretty well over ran by BLUFOR, I had 5 consecutive spawns out in the middle of a field. So before I could even take my first step, I was getting picked off by a BLUFOR sniper.

- JHunter

Same here.

Also there is one thing that's really bother me and thats not first time.

I notice when someone from Blue force drive tank to inside AO i cannot send any troops to destroy it. I have red icon of enemy, my tanks right next to it but can do nothing about it. So Blue force armor is picking up everything around them without punishment.

It is the exact same timer as the West ability for Arty. In fact, West has two arty officers and can effectively do Arty every 4 minutes. This code was built for balance for the public server but might be too agile for Tacdom while west communicates their plans.

yes i noticed today as Opfor Commander that we were being hit with artillery every 5 minutes - which wasn't carried out at all in the TacDom match - perhaps that would have helped their cause if they had used it.

also realised that if I only use on salvo then i get arty back in 10 mintues i think - use 3 and it is a 30 minute wait.

I made a few minor changes on my test server:

If the map is in Normal mode:

• The OPFOR artillery is 1.5x longer delay in between than BLUFOR.

If the map is in Veteran mode (ie, TacDom)

• The OPFOR artillery is 3x longer delay in between than BLUFOR.
  • The HC module (in theory, untested) should not show any BLUFOR markers.

I suspect that the issue going on with the calldrop is three-fold:

1) The C130 flies quick and is not agile. The script was set so that it would try to fly at 150 off the ground. In some areas, I suspect it would crash into mountains if it couldn't pull up. Each time it dies, the orders are thrown out.

2) EAST has been shooting down the C130.

3) There are multiple people fighting to call drops, and it uses the same code for everyone. there is a race condition here where it is possible for 3 people to be looking at the "call drop" map and try to get the same plane to show up in 3 different places.

Why not give the C130 the "This allowdamage false" Command so it gets indestructable.

Then at the off-chance it does crash into something then it wouldn't be destroyed and respawn for more drops. Besides, I've seen how it works now, and it flies high enough so that it won't crash into anything on its flight path.

Then at the off-chance it does crash into something then it wouldn't be destroyed and respawn for more drops. Besides, I've seen how it works now, and it flies high enough so that it won't crash into anything on its flight path.

That´s correct. But with a condition for example when coming too close to the ground it could be set to destructable again.

Like this:

If c130 getpos select 2 < 5 then c130 allowdamage true;

But anyway it works you say, so it might not be needed.

Fixes:

1) I set the flight to be at 400 instead of 150.

2) I set the C130 to be "setCaptive" so EAST won't shoot at it.

3) I put in a new check for the race condition. Whomever hits the submit button first wins.

Other Issues Found/Fixed:

4) The Call Drop marker would not always disappear so EAST could see it.

5) Upgrading the ammo request code to actually use the Load/Drop ammobox code like the MHQ can do. This allows the ammobox that drops to be seen by JIP players and to be loaded up when mission is over.

6) Since I removed the M119, this caused a gap in the code. Adding an MTVR that can load/drop ammoboxes to the calldrop options now.

7) After testing the code 25 billion times, the Mando Chute is ungodly slow to drop a Humvee from 400 height. So I sped the falling parachute up a little bit.

You might of missedthat half of the post. All of the Call Drop stuff is fixed. EAST AI won't shoot at it. I can't say that for the humans. It also flies higher so it doesn't hit anything. I've tried several high and low spots to test.