Spartans Home

rFactor

SkeleTele~SPARTA~

thanks Z I found something called iRacing it's an online subscription based racing sim seems to be the best sim out wonder if anyone here has tried or is currently using this sim?

I haven't used it, but I did some in-depth research, which included talking to a couple of members. By all accounts, it is a great service and a very detailed simulation, and I ultimately decided not to join because of the time that would be involved for participation. Our Sunday races (NFS Shift) are enough for me, along with a little Dirt 2 during the week.

iRacing takes itself very seriously, which is not a bad thing at all, if that's what you're looking for. You have to qualify for races, then qualify for grid position, and during the races, rules are strictly enforced and penalties assessed (in a few rare cases, this could mean being banned from the service).

So think of it as an MMO with cars, and be aware that, in addition to your subscription fees, you'll also have purchase additional vehicles and tracks that are used for various races. If you take online racing seriously and want to join a culture with like-minded individuals, iRacing would be a great investment.

I play Live For Speed from time to time. It lacks in the graphics dept. but the physics are pretty good (from what I heard from the drifters/racers).

The only down side is that since its programed by 3 guys in their off time the updates are slow but they do have some official licensed (5) cars that unlocks once you pay, but in the demo you have access to 3 cars, (1 FWD, 1 RWD and a Formula BMW) and 1 track.

While you can play with the AI its mostly a online racing game.

here is the link http://www.lfs.net/

rfactor is a good engine, the default cars are a bit crap though. Mods are what make it fun, there are plenty of those out there. My rfactor install is 50gb....

A game like that requires a good group to drive with, same as any others.

That is the main benefit of iracing, the racing is typically good at any hour of the day when you have time to play it. You don't have to wait for a once a week race you may or may not make, you have 24/7 good racing on the hour.

rfactor is a good engine, the default cars are a bit crap though. Mods are what make it fun, there are plenty of those out there. My rfactor install is 50gb....

A game like that requires a good group to drive with, same as any others.

That is the main benefit of iracing, the racing is typically good at any hour of the day when you have time to play it. You don't have to wait for a once a week race you may or may not make, you have 24/7 good racing on the hour.

very good point thats what im really looking for good clean racing well you know a little tap here and there is fine but where the players take it as if they where in the car

• 4 weeks later...

rFactor is goo but the problem is not that good looking as all of this game numbered above.

But also we have to admit it is best community with baggiest base of different modes.

It is also the oldest game and it will be good to wait a little because this year is announced rFactor2 with new engine and this could be asskicker. :allgood:

rFactor is goo but the problem is not that good looking as all of this game numbered above.

But also we have to admit it is best community with baggiest base of different modes.

It is also the oldest game and it will be good to wait a little because this year is announced rFactor2 with new engine and this could be asskicker. :allgood:

yes ive seen that :). Ive been playing rfactor (it came with my wheel) and It is a wonderful sim but very frustrating I can do a corner perfect for four laps and lead the race on the hardest settings and then spin out on the last lap and lose I think it might have to do with my tires idk? I hope more spartans take a look at rfactor 2 that would be fun to race because if you rear end the car in front of you your car will most likely die and that would cut down on collisions and make people drive a little more careful Im just sayin.......... :D

We have played racing games for a couple of years here. We started with GTR2. At first it was played as a full blown sim. Tracks were announced a week in advance and people would train all week, setting up the car for the track. Then on race day there would be a pile up on the first bend and the race was over for everyone involved in the wreck. There were some bad feelings and people stopped playing. We stayed with GTR2 and still did the training, but turned damage off. This lasted about 18 months, then we tried Grid and now shift. We can turn damage on but tempers may flare. Plus I know for a fact the cars collide sometimes when they do not appear near each other.

Its not perfect but at least peoples races arent over on the first bend, unless your Ricky Bobby (If you aint first, your Last), lol.

We have played racing games for a couple of years here. We started with GTR2. At first it was played as a full blown sim. Tracks were announced a week in advance and people would train all week, setting up the car for the track. Then on race day there would be a pile up on the first bend and the race was over for everyone involved in the wreck. There were some bad feelings and people stopped playing. We stayed with GTR2 and still did the training, but turned damage off. This lasted about 18 months, then we tried Grid and now shift. We can turn damage on but tempers may flare. Plus I know for a fact the cars collide sometimes when they do not appear near each other.

Its not perfect but at least peoples races arent over on the first bend, unless your Ricky Bobby (If you aint first, your Last), lol.

I don't have problem with it have some logic we are all here for having fun not to get frustrated.

But hope other helps are turned off to keep driving realistic as possible this is game after all.

I?m having rFactor and GTR2 but was familiar with Race series also. Didn?t try NFS Shift Grid or Dirt2 but previous versions was pretty much more arcade then Simbim titles.

What are you now driving? I was buy rFactor just because of some friends even I more prefer Simbim titles so will buy whatever this community using right now.