Spartans Home

Am I Having a Heart Attach In Game???

ChiefRedCloud

I can only hope I've placed this correctly. Greetings to all Spartans and their supporters. I haven't been on latley since interest in ArmA 2/ ACE 2 have picked up within our clan. A couple of questions though. First Iwould have PMed this to the appropriate party if I knew where to direct it to, but perhaps some of you can help me.

Two things ....1) How can the ammop.vehicle/artillary (119) drop be changed from chopper to c130. I think this is cool.

2) with regards to ACE 2 is there any know way to disable or at the very least select or unselect using the stamnia in ACE 2? It really does slow down a rather long game a great deal.

Our clan is"Dealing With It" as everyone else is, but in my tired old mind since I'm old enough to have a REAL heart attach I don't need one in game too. This seems to be a returning topic over on the Bohemia sight's ACE 2 thread but I've yet to see a response. Perhaps I wont.

Those of us that worked on ACE1 managed to clear out most if not all of the stamina restrictions in the mod. It was difficult and took quite some time to find it all, but I think it is worth it.

You have to realize though that the stamina 'feature' is a major part of the balance of the mod. You have the ability to carry soooooo much junk that without the stamina, realism goes out the window.

I think tweaking the settings on how much things weigh is the best option for most users. This way when the game looks up the reference it shows less than it should be and therefore doesnt make the character fall over having a sroke after walking ten meters. On the other hand if you still load up your guy with as much crap as possible, you still have the stamina system in place to make you want to dump half of it.

Edited by Medic~SPARTA~

Those of us that worked on ACE1 managed to clear out most if not all of the stamina restrictions in the mod. It was difficult and took quite some time to find it all, but I think it is worth it.

You have to realize though that the stamina 'feature' is a major part of the balance of the mod. You have the ability to carry soooooo much junk that without the stamina, realism goes out the window.

I think tweaking the settings on how much things weigh is the best option for most users. This way when the game looks up the reference it shows less than it should be and therefore doesnt make the character fall over having a sroke after walking ten meters. On the other hand if you still load up your guy with as much crap as possible, you still have the stamina system in place to make you want to dump half of it.

Your point has merit. And it offers a fair comprimise. But it would appear that your group spent quite a bit of time weeding itout in ArmA 1. And suggestion on where we might start would be appreciated in a PM perhaps.

The other thing you might consider is that ACE2 is, to my knowledge, still in BETA. Wait for a full release before tweking stuff.

The main get around for the stamina system is to load your launchers into a vehicle. Just steer clear of enemy because they WILL take you out, and I don't mean to the prom.

i been playing ace alot, the only time i see people have problems with stamina is the rambos with there backpacks loaded up... now the recovery of stamina has been an issue with the past but they been improving it and i assume it will be proper in the future...

anyways for the full release i believe there will be an option to turn it off..

I found if you pick a decent shape soldier (TL, GL, MG etc.) and move crouched all the time, you can pack 50kg and still make good time on foot, saving sprints for when you really need them. The main thing we try to do is share the load throughout the fire team. AT guys have ammo men, etc. This way you are typically under 40kg max ready to go fight Usually you can get out there under 30kg. Also changes how you bring up satchels and other heavy equipment depending on the number required. Team work and vehicle use are the name of the game.

Honestly I like the stamina, it keeps rambo's from getting ahead of the squad, getting killed and expecting a revive from town center. Instead you just see them run by, then jog past them as they lay there whining that they're passed out, again. :)

Edited by AlarmedBread

The other thing you might consider is that ACE2 is, to my knowledge, still in BETA. Wait for a full release before tweking stuff.

The main get around for the stamina system is to load your launchers into a vehicle. Just steer clear of enemy because they WILL take you out, and I don't mean to the prom.

Funny you should mention that (loading the vehicles). We dropped in a Humvee and loaded it up.....and as you said.....while we were in route....we were taken out by the enamy.....and NOT to the Prom....LOL.

@ Bsilenced & AlarmedBread ..... no rambos here (in our clan, if you don't count Slugger....LOL) but it is a learning curve for most of to see WHAT we can carry and still get the job done.

p.s. Don't worry about those ArmA 1 things.......I know we'll learn to play as it is. It's just our way......Thx though.