Spartans Home

STAR TREK ONLINE - Who's playing?

MedicSN6

Anyone play the Open Beta yet?

I just purchased/pre-ordered the Collector's Edition. It comes out on Feb. 2. I will DL and begin the game tomorrow night.

Yes, im playing open beta. Ive been playing since F&F beta btw. So if you have questions let me know, im pretty knowledgeable about the game and its mechanics at this point.

Edited by GooniversalSoldier

also, we should get a fleet going once the head start begins (after the open beta wipe)

Yeah, can you name the fleet whatever you want?

Also, from what I have read, the majority of the game close to 80% is PvE, not PvP. Is this in fact, true?

Yeah, can you name the fleet whatever you want?

Also, from what I have read, the majority of the game close to 80% is PvE, not PvP. Is this in fact, true?

Currently, yes. However, there is a fair amount of content that is still not in. According to my friend who work at Cryptic, this number will approach more 40PVP/60PVE at launch. As klingon, its almost all PVP right now.

And yes, you can name your fleet whatever (within some limits im sure)

I played since DAY one of beta...well before it became open that is. I think im gonna wait a week or so before buying the game though. But I enjoyed it. When a Sparta Fleet is created...i will join but until then im just gonna fly around haha. :D Hope to see you guys on. If they keep messing it up which so far they are i might drop the game altogether.

I played since DAY one of beta...well before it became open that is. I think im gonna wait a week or so before buying the game though. But I enjoyed it. When a Sparta Fleet is created...i will join but until then im just gonna fly around haha. :D Hope to see you guys on. If they keep messing it up which so far they are i might drop the game altogether.

I plan on creating a fleet ASAP but it wont be called LOSC or SPARTA. Anyone here at LOSC has an open invitation to join though.

I plan to base the name around the tv show Space Above and Beyond.

Im not very impressed so far with the game.

There is some stuff that is lacking but keep in mind that it is still A. in BETA and B. Brand new. You should have seen EVE when I did my first trial compared to when I really got into it and then compared to now. ALL MMOs progress differently and this game is no different. I am curious to see where it will go.

Make sure you guys go to the station consoles and change the look of your ship. It is very customizable. No tow ships should be exactly alike unless you tell each other your settings.

For me personally, this is an alternative to EVE and is tiding me over until SW:TOR is released next year. EVE is still my main shit though. Speaking of which, anyone up for a mining op to boost the LOSC corp wallet?

There is some stuff that is lacking but keep in mind that it is still A. in BETA and B. Brand new. You should have seen EVE when I did my first trial compared to when I really got into it and then compared to now. ALL MMOs progress differently and this game is no different. I am curious to see where it will go.

Make sure you guys go to the station consoles and change the look of your ship. It is very customizable. No tow ships should be exactly alike unless you tell each other your settings.

For me personally, this is an alternative to EVE and is tiding me over until SW:TOR is released next year. EVE is still my main shit though. Speaking of which, anyone up for a mining op to boost the LOSC corp wallet?

Im in for the fleet too. We should get a list of class/ship types we have.

Im going to be eng/cruiser but if we REALLY want some science vessels i will roll one too.

As for TOR...one of the guys working on it told me its the same group of people who made the NGE/CU for SWG ... :(

So im cautiously horrified

Nope not going for:

Star Trek Online or Jump gate evolution both games have one major problem no experience.

CCP has been running Eve online for 7 Years and it's still being polished, upgraded, refined.

One thing CCP shines out for in MMO is with feedback and pro active action, not so for Codematers (owners of jumpgate & cash masters) or Startrek online.

I'm fully (cost) committed and can not afford another pay for play or anything.....

Our wage rise was -10% that'a a 10% cut...

Jumpgate to me looks like DARK ORBIT

http://uk.darkorbit.bigpoint.com/?aid=251&aig=22

• 2 weeks later...

I would be playing now, but they keep wanting me to subscribe with my credit card or a GTC, both of which i dont have. Sad really, since i already have 30 free days.

Edit: cool, i paid $60 to have to wait for my ticket to be answered. Already having much fun that i think i wanna go back to station spinning.

Edit 2: yay, im in. Aaand it looks curiously like WoW

Edited by ragnarok92~SPARTA~

• 2 years later...