Spartans Home

Win7 crashes, BSOD, startup failure...the works?

Ebden~SPARTA~

Unfortunately you are getting to a dead end here. is not your fault, but you don t have hardware available to test and get to the final solution.

Yes, right, what I said.

I'm not selling it to Medic though, I'd never get enough out of the bugger to pay for another machine.

So the order of the day are more fans and a RAM underclock until I can afford to build something for a quad-core. Give it a year or so, then I can start building. If she really dies before then...back to the books. I wanted to work on a PhD, anyhow.

I consider the issue closed for the time being.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, as it was many posts back. A faulty PSU can cause systemic problems. I always start with the PSU and make sure the rails are where they should be Voltage wise. Take it to a PC shop and have them test it for you if a shop is close by.

Yes, as it was many posts back. A faulty PSU can cause systemic problems. I always start with the PSU and make sure the rails are where they should be Voltage wise. Take it to a PC shop and have them test it for you if a shop is close by.

Right-no cash for the labor, which would probably exceed the cost of the PSU (about $120)

I'm beginning to see why consoles are so popular. :(

Hoopty my ass.

No, really, I'm the hoopty computer user (my ass and all that's attached). I thought I was all kinds of legit when I started in on a new computer from Proj.Reality, like I had some sort of experience because I could use the eXtreme PSU calc. Lookit where it got me now. Maybe whales, I could go back to shootin' whales.

Edited by Ebden~SPARTA~