Spartans Home

New "Improved" Air Domination Server

Stang~SPARTA~

Sorry Guys

The holidays and visiting family have had me swamped for the last couple of weeks. I have been collecting the ideas and formulating a couple of options. I should have a little more information up today about the options and they way we (community) would like to go (within reason of course).

Once we work out the "what can and can't be done", we'll then formalize the plan and then very judiciously, (beg, borrow,bride, buyout and or provide young college virgins) to the Mod-Gods to see what we can get done.

I suspect, depending on the "hotness" of the YCV's (young college virgins) we'll be using for bartaring, that we'll end up with a really cool new Air Dom Server.

.....when they're done playing with the virgins, that is. :D

Edited by Stang~SPARTA~

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once we work out the "what can and can't be done", we'll then formalize the plan and then very judiciously, (beg, borrow,bride, buyout and or provide young college virgins) to the Mod-Gods to see what we can get done.

I suspect, depending on the "hotness" of the YCV's (young college virgins) we'll be using for bartaring, that we'll end up with a really cool new Air Dom Server.

.....when they're done playing with the virgins, that is. :D

:lol:

Do you Mod-Gods accept young females from the east block states to?

What about endless thankfulness from the users? :allgood: Ok, nevermind. :D

Hell! I'm married to one! And all I get is :beatdeadhorse:

Don't let Durka fool you...below are his current wive(s), which he swaps out regularly

:worshippy:

User posted image

Edited by Stang~SPARTA~

AVIATION MOD LIST REQUEST

Hi Guys

I am finalizing 2 Battle Scenarios now (Ideas only) and I need to take into account what (if any) MOD's we'll add to the server.

I have also been downloading and testing a bunch of the available Aviation related MOD's out there. Some are GREAT and a lot are NOT SO GREAT.

What I'd like to do is ask what Aviation related MOD's you'd like to see on the Air Dom Server?

Please only post ones that you have tried and are stable. Also please post the full MOD name and where it resides so I can test it.

Thanks for all the ideas and suggestions...keep them coming!

Edited by Stang~SPARTA~

Thanks Stang for your work!

Yes, we need a stable version first.

I dont know if it is a good idea to use mods. Do we speak about client mods only, which will not verified with server version by bisigns?

Otherwise I would vote for ACE2. It have custom sounds, a lifting system (RAVLIFTER), G-Force effects, In-Flight-Refueling.

What about these?:

AircraftHUD - AH-64D: MFD/IHADSS HMD/TADS

Mando Missiles

Edited by EagleEye

Thanks Stang for your work!

Yes, we need a stable version first.

I dont know if it is a good idea to use mods. Do we speak about client mods only, which will not verified with server version by bisigns?

Otherwise I would vote for ACE2. It have custom sounds, a lifting system (RAVLIFTER), G-Force effects, In-Flight-Refueling.

What about these?:

AircraftHUD - AH-64D: MFD/IHADSS HMD/TADS

Mando Missiles

Forget ACE2 for now.

He means aircraft mods, such as the f16 or apache mods

New Air Dom Scenarios

DRAFT

This is the first one of two scenarios "ideas" and will be a completely new campaign mission "without" an intro scene. It will include a few stable MOD's and be designed so that if there is no one on the server for a set period, it will automatically restart to be ready for when people sign in.

Here's the situation...

Russian forces have started hostile operations and moved into Chernarus with a major battle force, set on retaking ownership of the Southeastern part of the country, currently inhabited by local Slavic residents. After the revolution in 1917 Chernarus became an autonomic federal republic and after the demise of the aforementioned USSR in 1991, it gained independence. Today they are threatened with loosing their country, their independence and their lives...we can not allow that to happen.

The initial attacks were swift Russian forces sweeping in from the Northwest and easily taking the lightly defended Cities of Lopatino, Grishino, Vybor and Kabanino with its major military airfield. Since, Russian Forces have moved small fighting units with Air Defense Forces into many of the Cities and Ports to defend against Counter attacks from NATO Forces.

We expect Russian forces to continue east and south with ultimate goals of taking the Oil Fields just North of Novy Sabor, the small airfields in Krasnostav & Balota, the Oil Production and Port facilities in Berezino, Solnichniy, Elektrozavodsk and Chernogorsk.

In addition to invading the peaceful country of Chernarus, capturing the additional ports, oil fields and airfields would allow Russian forces a pivotal starting point, for taking other key cities in the Southern region, thus increasing the risk to American assets and forces in Japan, Korea and beyond. The people of Chernarus have very little to defend themselves with from a military standpoint. They have lost their single major airfield in Kabanino and presumably any military assets assigned there. The balance of the military is in small land based units with outdated Russian hardware.

These actions present a Clear and Present Danger to American and other Allied forces in the region and must be stopped immediately.

American Forces are being ordered to the area by way of a Naval Carrier Battle group with additional high level troop insertions from our Asian Allies to the South, after the initial objectives are achieved and can provide cover for said forces. There is also a second small amphibious battle group moving to a support position in the Northeast but they will not be available for a few days.

The first order of battle will be capturing the Airfield at Krasnostav and the port City of Chernogorsk. These will allow Short range rotor aircraft to operate in support and simple attack roles for the defense and repelling of enemy forces in the other major Cities. The airfield's runway is too short for long range bomber aircraft and thus will only support a small detachment of rotor wing and fixed wing aircraft. Additional Air Assets will be Carrier based and limited to small loiter times and light weapons loads due to range from the Carrier. The Carrier Battle Group will set up operations approximately 15 Miles Southeast of Skelisty Island for the initial attacks.

We expect heavy resistance in the air and on the land with Soviet Fighters already patrolling the Southern edge of the country and numerous land based SAM Sites already online and more in production. A Secondary Naval Amphibious Battle Group will arrive within the week to the Northeast and provide light attack capability with the goal of taking the airfield in Krasnostav. Only after both of these major assets are taken and held, will American Forces move Northwest in a pinching operation to retake the country and remove all Russian Forces.

Order Of Battle: Main Mission

Take and Defend 3 major targets in order:

1. Airfield at Krasnostav
  2. Port City of Chernogorsk
  3. Airfield at Balota

Side Mission:

Find and destroy all SAM Air Defense Sites currently in operation and the Supplying Conveys traveling East and Southeast. These are multiple units which can be resupplied and supported from major forces so all operations should be clandestine with surgical strikes both from ground based Special Forces and assisting Air Assets as needed. Major battles are to be avoided as numerical superiority is with the enemy forces.

Once American Forces start their attack, expect the Russian Forces to counter attack with everything they have. They will see the Airfields and Port City as Major Assets that must be taken and maintained at all cost. In additional, Russian Force are already established in the Northwestern areas and moving fast to expand their Areas of Operations. They have modern air assets and ground forces with up to date technology and large resources at their disposal for reinforcing their military. This will not be an easy task and will require combined Air, Ground and Naval Operations for victory.

Limiting Factors:

1. Small Forces
  2. Limited Weapons
  3. Resupply and Support

Main Carrier Air Assets

4-AV8B's, 2-AH64's 2-AH1's, 2-UH60's and 1-CH53's

Amphibious Carriers Air Assets

2-AV8B's, 2-UH60's, 2-OH58's

• AV8B's limited to 4 AIM9's & Cannon for CAP or 2 AIM9's, 2 LGB's & Cannon for CAS
  • AH64's & AH1's limited to 2 AIM9's, 4 Hellfires and Cannon
  • OH58's limited to 2 Hellfires and Cannon

American Ground Airfield Assets after Airfield capture

1-A10, 1-F16C, 2-OH58's and 2 MH6's

• A10's & F16's match AV8B weapons & MH6 Cannon only

American Forces are limited to small Air and Ground assets from their Battle Groups which were not fully tasked, as this operation was unexpected. Thus aircraft, pilots, weapons and supplies will be limited and in high demand for this operation; use them wisely as replacing them will take valuable time that we don't have. Special Forces are also included but limited with 2 - 5 man Seal teams and their gear and a 3rd Seal team when the Amphibious Assault group arrives. These units will need special support for insertion, supply and extraction at a moment's notice so plan ahead. Losing all the Seal Team members or Carriers has special consequences so protect these at all cost.

Win Conditions

• Take and hold all three Airfields with Krasnostav last
  • Take and hold cities of Lopatino, Grishino, Vybor and Kabanino
  • All Airfields and listed Cities must be held simultaneously for victory.
  • Maintain at least 1 Carrier

Loss Conditions

• Main Carrier & Amphibious Carrier are Sunk
  • or
  • Total loss of ALL Seal Team members

Please let me know your thoughts and remember this is a DRAFT idea only.

Edited by Stang~SPARTA~

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Wow there's alot going on in this. If this is implemented will it be a drag on peoples systems and will ground forces be playable? I like the sound of this campaign. I pictured a small ground force taking out sams in hostile territory ;) Bravo

Edited by SkeleTele~SPARTA~

New Air Dom Scenarios

Please let me know your thoughts and remember this is a DRAFT idea only.

This sounds really awesome! Sign me up for the OH58 or AH1 duty!!! Nice work in spearheading this initiative, Stang! One small question would be, is it good to have the server reset when empty? I know after a few hours of effort it would be a bummer to come back only to see the map reset.

But maybe that's a good thing. We'll probably be able to tell pretty quickly once we get to test things out.

Nice work!

This is just a High Level "idea" that needs to be cut down and shaped into something playable and challenging. I like Zeno's thoughts of the following that need to implemented:

• Later version of domination
  • Limit players to around 15 (may need to be 24??)
  • Use 2 maps for rotation
  • Increase Armor, SAMs and Air Defenses
  • remove the rescue mission
  • removing or lowering the enemy infantry

I also like the option of this being a Team vs Team

Blue Forces as stated (but smaller forces) and OP Forces as small "Special Forces Teams" (maybe 3 - 2 man teams) assigned to repair SAMS, attack Airfields and Carriers

Thoughts?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Wow there's alot going on in this. If this is implemented will it be a drag on peoples systems and will ground forces be playable? I like the sound of this campaign. I pictured a small ground force taking out sams in hostile territory ;) Bravo

Edited by Stang~SPARTA~

Excellent stuff, Stang. I am by no means an Air Dom junkie (probably only been on that server two or three times), but I think something like this can and will get more guys interested in playing in this server. Certainly has me intrigued. Keep up the good work.

- JHunter

P.S. - If you need beta testers, give me a shout.

This is just a High Level "idea" that needs to be cut down and shaped into something playable and challenging. I like Zeno's thoughts of the following that need to implemented:

• Later version of domination
  • Limit players to around 15 (may need to be 24??)
  • Use 2 maps for rotation
  • Increase Armor, SAMs and Air Defenses
  • remove the rescue mission
  • removing or lowering the enemy infantry

I also like the option of this being a Team vs Team

Blue Forces as stated (but smaller forces) and OP Forces as small special forces teams (may 3 - 2 man teams) assigned to repair SAMS, attack Airfields and Carriers

Thoughts?

This is showing a much clearer vision Stang, has a specific goal, and very air focused. Looking good.

1) Don't worry too much about using latest version of Domination. I watch the updates that Xeno does and so far its either compatibility with ACE2, or not a game changer at all. 1.17T was the last one I saw that had largest content changes. Definately use something at least 1.17 though as 1.09 is a bit out.

2) If you do Team v Team with the idea of OPFOR jumping around, I'd suggest not doing opfor commander/high command as its resource intensive and for the purpose of this you really just want the east guys to have full run of the map and let AI do its thing. Let them repair or sabotage. Maybe make some triggers so that they can't get near the BluFor base though.

• 1 month later...

Not to become middle manager in a social setting, but I need to get you guys in sync and would like to see a status report of where we are. I have been in a series of IM's/chats recently that makes me believe you guys need a little push and could go miles if you worked together:

• Stang is refreshing Air dom but I have not seen a test instance ready yet.
  • Rooster seems to be on version 25 of his own Air Dom, have not participated.
  • Sir Smokealot is producing great looking models and cluster bombs and wants to get them up for people to test ASAP.

So - What do ya'll need to do to hook up and get the Air Dom monster out the door? And what help outside of you three do you need to be successful?

To get the ball rolling, I would suggest the following:

1. Work internally to pick one of you to lead the team if applicable- currently this is Stang.
  2. Review your resources and pick the ones you feel best (Stang has made good movement on this, maybe we could look to use ACE as well if its worth it). Pull in Sir Smokealot's work.
  3. Splice out map building activities amongst your strengths with manageable goals.
  4. Pick a time within the next few weeks to have a public beta test

To be clear on one point - we will host *1* Air Dom. You have yer orders, move out.

Not to become middle manager in a social setting, but I need to get you guys in sync and would like to see a status report of where we are. I have been in a series of IM's/chats recently that makes me believe you guys need a little push and could go miles if you worked together:

• Stang is refreshing Air dom but I have not seen a test instance ready yet.
  • Rooster seems to be on version 25 of his own Air Dom, have not participated.
  • Sir Smokealot is producing great looking models and cluster bombs and wants to get them up for people to test ASAP.

So - What do ya'll need to do to hook up and get the Air Dom monster out the door? And what help outside of you three do you need to be successful?

To get the ball rolling, I would suggest the following:

1. Work internally to pick one of you to lead the team if applicable- currently this is Stang.
  2. Review your resources and pick the ones you feel best (Stang has made good movement on this, maybe we could look to use ACE as well if its worth it). Pull in Sir Smokealot's work.
  3. Splice out map building activities amongst your strengths with manageable goals.
  4. Pick a time within the next few weeks to have a public beta test

To be clear on one point - we will host *1* Air Dom. You have yer orders, move out.

I will volunteer to break said test builds.

You guys are missing the point. ArmA 2 is not a combat flight simulator of any kind. It is an FPS simulator. Therefore creating a air only map will miss the whole point of the game, which is, in my opinion, bashing Ao's with infantry tactically.

I'm not sure I agree with that statement. I think Arma 2 can and will be whatever you want it to be. Whatever you make it to be.

- JHunter

You guys are missing the point. ArmA 2 is not a combat flight simulator of any kind. It is an FPS simulator. Therefore creating a air only map will miss the whole point of the game, which is, in my opinion, bashing Ao's with infantry tactically.

I agree in part Skaz but a lot of peeps like the toys and this gives them a place to play, I like taking AOs with the help of a Flyboy marking targets for him not many guys can do it properly.

Hey Guys

Let me be clear here from Zeno's original marching orders on updating the Air Dom Server;...this is not a replacement for anything we have...(other than Air Dom)

We are looking for an interesting, stable, fun and challenging Arma 2 environment to update the Air Dom server with. Because this is a stand alone server, we can incorporate community mods (if they're stable) and add to the over all game play. This update will NEVER turn Arma 2 into a flight simulator, it will simply make what we have today, better and more enjoyable.

Here's where I am at

The "High Level" mission is this:

Satellites have detected hostile Russian forces entering Chernarus from the NW, taking the main airbase and pushing SE to the Port Cities to commandeer the Oil production facilities for mother Russia. 2 US F-35 were sent into for recon and both were immediately shot down down.

Current Mission 3 main goals

1. Locate and extract the downed Pilots and their Aircraft
  2. Stop the Russian assault
  3. Protect the Port Cities Oil Refineries.

Assets

• 1 Carrier operating approximately 35 miles off the S-SE Tip of Kamyshovo with limited Air Assets
  • SEAL Team 6 aboard.
  • Additional Aircraft & Ground assets available after securing the small airbase NE of Krasnostav

Win Conditions

• Recover both Pilots alive
  • Recover both F-35 wrecks
  • Stop Russian Hostilities
  • Re-take Main Air Base and Grass Strip airfield

Loss Conditions

• All SEAL Team members killed
  • Both pilots killed
  • Carrier sunk

Currently I have been successful in MOD-ing all the fixed wind aircraft flight models, to bring them to a more realistic levels in reference to airspeed and load outs. I have done the same for the Rotor-Wing, however there are issues with this I am trying to fix.

The new aircraft configs will limit speed and give us the ability for specific load-outs. This dramatically increases the need for Air Supremacy and Top Notch flying skills. From the Carrier's current location its a good 6-8 minute flight across the map (in a jet) now, so getting shot down when you're supposed to be supporting your SEAL Team, that's locked in a serious firefight...is REAL BAD THING. Getting back to the ship, launching and then back on station takes time and really puts the lives at risk, of your SEAL Team. If they get waxed...game over!

This combined action (Air (CAP, CAS & DEAD), Ground (SEAL and Support) and SAR) provides for an environment where the two entities have to work together, very closely to win...anything else is doomed to failure.

Zeno is getting me the script so that the carrier will have a an assigned station...meaning it will be moving between preplanned way points. You'll also need to be a good navigator, otherwise you'll never find the ship to refuel / rearm. This adds in another element in the mix.

So Far I have the flight models MOD'ed, the basic map with the carrier and US air assets in place. The basic setup of the Russian Army and Air Forces in the NE. I need to get the bugs worked out of the aircraft config scripts, the rest of the ground and air forces in place for the Op Forces. The mission scripting for the movements and win loss conditions done and some more testing.

Then get everything converted to ACE 2 and working...should be ready around late summer of 2015 :lol:

I would love to get some help with this as most of its is way over my head and learning it take too much time.

This should also lend itself to a GREAT TvT map as well.

I'm open for ideas and suggestions

Edited by Stang~SPARTA~